TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 19, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #9,812 of 24,683
Happy PM4 owner here as well, I also got the trade-in email. I was so excited because I thought I'd have to pass up the new Sagaris (now apparently Master) iem! Only question I have right now is whether it will still have carbon fiber face plates, like it did in the initial reveal.

Dec 19, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #9,813 of 24,683
Happy PM4 owner here as well, I also got the trade-in email. I was so excited because I thought I'd have to pass up the new Sagaris (now apparently Master) iem! Only question I have right now is whether it will still have carbon fiber face plates, like it did in the initial reveal.

They won't be on this model, only on the Sagaris range.

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #9,817 of 24,683
plenty of people not liking their pm4, ah yes the spike the dampener got rid of it on purple filters, for me I like pm4 more every day lol

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #9,818 of 24,683
I'm in!    PM4 upgrade program Master IEM ordered (#5384).  £60.00 = $76.50 via Paypal.   

Still awaiting my PM4 replacement filters said shipped out on 11-26.  No doubt the heavy holiday traffic accounts for the delay.

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #9,820 of 24,683
This is a deal I can't say no to.

if you just ordered vyrus during BF you are literally making money on this.

Same here. Funny thing is: I saw the Master on the website and was like "I love everything about it + the sleeker look on that IEM, let's keep an eye out for it". As soon as I got the email (and reading it twice because my brain went "huh" on me) I placed the order. Very curious about the sleek little fella & dac/amp that's coming. Oh 2017, I'm liking you already
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #9,821 of 24,683
That was my big "issue" with the sound of the PM4 too, upper mid/treble spike that none of the filters seemed to tame. Made it so that certain tracks were just not listenable for me, which was sad because on others it sounds great to me. So how much commission are you earning here? Because I was kind of on the fence about getting nearly a direct replacement, but I think with these impressions, and especially the trade up price, ill bite.

Though are you planning to put out some more detailed impressions sometime soon? As I am still very interested in hearing more, especially if there are comparisons to other similarly priced iems late (it03, which I have, and the lz a4)

Commission? I have a Hunter on pre-order, already have the Vyrus, Sabre and PM4 and will most likely take advantage of the trade-up offer to pick up my own Master when I have to send the prototype back to Bob. I'm paying him (which is as it should be)! I'm just lucky that his usual go to guys are on different sides of the world, so it's quicker to send them down the road from Derby a few hundred miles. :wink:

Am planning/working on a more in depth write up, but work, Christmas and an overdue review to finish on the Campfire Dorado are all getting in the way at the moment. Well try and gave some more in depth stuff on here in the next day or two though.

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #9,822 of 24,683
Commission? I have a Hunter on pre-order, already have the Vyrus, Sabre and PM4 and will most likely take advantage of the trade-up offer to pick up my own Master when I have to send the prototype back to Bob. I'm paying him (which is as it should be)! I'm just lucky that his usual go to guys are on different sides of the world, so it's quicker to send them down the road from Derby a few hundred miles.
wink.gif

Am planning/working on a more in depth write up, but work, Christmas and an overdue review to finish on the Campfire Dorado are all getting in the way at the moment. Well try and gave some more in depth stuff on here in the next day or two though.

Hah, yea I was just joking since you pretty much addressed a concern of mine about whether to jump on board for the new master iem, and in effect probably made them a sale from me.

And I totally understand you are busy, and I didn't mean to pressure you or anything but I do enjoy your reviews and thoughts so I will be looking forward to reading them whenever you are able to give them.

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #9,823 of 24,683
Jackpot does good reviews, I find them a very interesting read. Within minutes of getting the email, I finished doing what I was doing in work (shovelling) and ordered.

My sony ex800st arrive in the morning, plus im still highly impressed by the pm4. Really looking forward to getting my xmas shifts over with and doing some good listening!

When someone mentions the sound is richer for example pm4 to master, what exactly is richer?

With new daps being released, exciting times in portable audio world

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #9,824 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity kindly requisitioned some cables for me to make balanced this week and having just re-terminated them to pono plugs I can honestly say I'm pretty impressed with how the PM4 scales up to the additional power.

Need to change my filters around as the ponos high impedance and pm4s low impedance have changed the sound round a bit to my normal Fiio x3ii and E18 pairing.

Once I've had some chance to assess I will report my findings but please forgive my lack of audio jargon, I am no reviewer!

Outlook is pretty damn promising at present!

Thanks so much for reporting on your thoughts running the PM4s balanced from the Pono. 
I'm planning on modifying a cable to do this.
If you have a second - which pin on the socket to the iem is the signal and which is the ground?
Thanks for opinions and the info!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back