TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 6, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #9,406 of 24,683
Im just an audio enthusiast, I don't have the ability to discern specifics. I can say though, that my pm4 sound absolutely clear. Bass hits nice n deep, voices are clear, highs sound nice.

Gutting that people are starting to have various issues from product to the actual sound. To my ears, these sound great out of my mojo

My experience is the same.

Bob, thanks for sharing the Trinity story! Good lesson for all of us.

Even though Trinity customer service is excellent, I do prefer to enjoy Trinity products without having to experience customer support or even trade-in programs.
Therefore, to avoid making Trinity customers as 'beta testers' of future Trinity products, I would like to propose to have the final production model be properly reviewed by at least 3-4 reviewers before starting the pre-order or sale. I know even other companies don't do that, but we your customers will really appreciate that effort.

I bought 2x Hyperion, 2x PM4, and 2x PM6, all based on trust. And I honestly disappointed with PM4 sound quality from the 1st unit that I received. I received matte black shell which supposedly doesn't suffer from production error like the gunmetal shell. I just hope that the 2nd unit will sound better, and this 1st unit proven faulty.

I guess if there were at least 3-4 proper reviews before I made the purchase, I would have a better idea of how it sounds and what to expect.

Regarding detachable cable at the Y split point, I have no issue as long as it uses 4 poles connector to make it balanced ready and to improve crosstalk. A suggestion from your humble customer :wink:

I for one am okay with being a beta tester, even if it comes to that. But honestly, people that are not okay with pre-order, please wait until the reviews are in and then order.

Even with reviews, the possibility of the buyer not liking the sound or being hit with production defects are going to be there.

With most companies, the buyers are in a mess when something like this happens. But here's one company that's doing much more in terms of taking care the buyers.

Let's applaud them for it while providing our feedback.

I'm not a long standing customer of trinity and Pm4 was my first iem. And it isn't the last.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #9,407 of 24,683

Absolutely.  I figure I may have simply got one of the very few that slipped through after Trinity's intial purge of a poor performing subcontractor/supplier.   I have been extremely happy with my other Trinity IEMs which is why I have been a repeat customer.  Simply put... stuff happens. 
biggrin.gif

Yea, I too got one that slipped through the cracks, have had some infrequent issues with the cable (volume imbalance that comes and goes, though lately hasnt been an issue) but I also have the threading issue. I dont want to blow things out of proportion because I can still use some of the filters (and have been) and Jake has been extremely helpful and I await my initial replacements.

I am also looking forward to seeing what this updated version entails especially since I have fallen into the category of having issues.

And I really do appreciate how trinity has handled and is handling these issues. I pre-ordered the PM6 over black friday, and even with the issues I have had, I am still going to happily keep my order and see what they have in store for their new products.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #9,410 of 24,683
PM6 canceled. Good luck with products. I'm out!

Why is that? Because Trinity decided to create a better product for you instead of releasing something with potential faults? Really? The people who are cancelling your orders, do you really want an inferior product just because it would arrive faster, or is it because you can't grasp change? If you don't like the new cable, consider that the creator of the product finds it a better solution to the previous. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #9,411 of 24,683
Why is that? Because Trinity decided to create a better product for you instead of releasing something with potential faults? Really? The people who are cancelling your orders, do you really want an inferior product just because it would arrive faster, or is it because you can't grasp change? If you don't like the new cable, consider that the creator of the product finds it a better solution to the previous. 

Calm down buddy. If you didn't read, already been clearly stated that the preorder IEMs will not have the new cable.

You do realize they took almost a year to release a product and it has faults.

It's my choice to cancel my order for my personal reasons. Don't get bent out of shape. One more pair out there for somebody else now. Please grasp that fact.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #9,412 of 24,683

Because it's a free market, and as consumers we are able to make our own purchasing decisions.  

I am still going to cancel my PM6 order, despite hearing that they will come with 2 pin cables - the issues with PM4 had given me an off feeling already, and the new updates further reinforce that feeling.  And if your point is valid, then why isn't Bob releasing all PM6 and Hunter with the "superior" cable?

In any case, this doesn't mean that I won't support Trinity in the future, just that I won't be in the preorder group anymore.  

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #9,413 of 24,683
This is my personal view on the phantom 4 I received on Thursday.

I have had many IEM's in the past but only have FLC8s to compaire with att.

I can't get an easy fit with the 4s, no problem with the FLC8s.
Bass go deeper on the FLC8s (red, grey, blue), tried silver damped and gun metal stock filters on the 4.
Allthough space is wider on the 4 I prefer the FLC8s here too because it sounds more realistic.
This is actuall what bothers me on the Phantom 4, they just sound un-realistic to me and since I don't want to get fooled I put them away quite quick when listening to my favorite music and switch to the FLC8s.

Again, these are mine, and mine only, findings.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #9,414 of 24,683
Calm down buddy. If you didn't read, already been clearly stated that the preorder IEMs will not have the new cable.

This is my concern on Hunter. I know the CS will be there BUT the preorder will not be the updated product and even though it's a great price it's ton of money to me with alot of uncertainty and technically an obsolete product before it's delivered

I had Master 4. The silver dampened filter did not fit and just fell out. Other filters threaded poorly.

Just not sure what to do at this point.

I love Trinity desire to provide great products to community and the fact they open to community needs.

I'm Phantom Air supporter x3 and Atlas-Delta. But Hunter not so sure now

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #9,415 of 24,683
This is my concern on Hunter. I know the CS will be there BUT the preorder will not be the updated product and even though it's a great price it's ton of money to me with alot of uncertainty and technically an obsolete product before it's delivered

I had Master 4. The silver dampened filter did not fit and just fell out. Other filters threaded poorly.

Just not sure what to do at this point.

I love Trinity desire to provide great products to community and the fact they open to community needs.

I'm Phantom Air supporter x3 and Atlas-Delta. But Hunter not so sure now

Well you know the customer support is there. Did Jake sort your issue?

We have done everything possible to up QC and fired contractors that don't cut it. When you all see the finished hunter master 6 and new stuff everyone's opinion of what we can do will change for the better.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #9,417 of 24,683
Bob:

I am really confused on your changes. The more you post the harder this is getting.

1. The new dual voice coil driver will be used in Master 6 and Hunter?

2. The pre-ordered Master 6 and Hunter will have the same 2 pin connector as the Master 4?

3. There will be an "old style but revised" BT lanyard for the current Master 4 and pre-ordered Master 6 and Hunter?

4. The Atlas-Delta will have the new dynamic coil driver and the new cabling system? so the BT lanyard that is being currently revised (without memory wire and shorter cable) will not fit the Atlas-Delta?

5. There will be new Master 6 and Hunter after the pre-order units that will have the new cabling system and BT cable/DAC/AMP ?

6. Will the Phantom Air have the dual voice coil driver?

Help please.

Hi Bob did you happen to see this?

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #9,418 of 24,683
Just quick comments on my experience with PM4. I have not previously participated here, but as I have enjoyed descriptions of other people, I'll try to contribute as well.  (Sorry for my English)

I have now had them for roughly a week. I have not needed IEMs before and have have had only few of them before.  I bought PM4 for travel, but found the sound
better than my full sized headphones (Grado SR80 and AKG K550) and I'm now using it as my main headphone.  The main point to me is that PM4 brings the music alive and is in particular emotionally engaging.  I use it at work for inspirational purposes and there such property is  crucial for me. There are lot of details, but none of them is screaming to pay attention to them. However, if you like it is possible to pick the music to pieces as well.

In particular I like male vocals, jazz, blues and some rock with them, but I think also many classical pieces  sound fantastic . The quality of bass is just great. It makes you to feel the danger of a large orchestra when in full power. Yet the mids and highs are not overpowered and a violin of a soloist can effortlessly fly over the sound mass. The experience I have had with these phones has been really great.

I have not had any issues with treble or mids, but I have only listened high quality recordings.

I have very much  also enjoyed the possibility to hear what the creator of these headphones is thinking through this thread.
In a modern world it is usually not that easy to get firsthand comments as there is usually an army of sales people between the user and the maker.

I would be happy without any dramatic changes. Some more attention to quality control and maybe standard two pin connector in future development and all would be good from my point of view.
After all the sound/euro ratio is really extremely good.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #9,419 of 24,683
  Quite off topic...
As I came to receive S, M and L Kombi tips from the Kickstarter campaign, and that only M fit me, I am happy to give for free the S and L sizes (5 pairs of each). All I ask for is that who is interested pays for shipping.
I am located in Belgium, and for my own convenience I will go for standard shipping, no registered shipping, no tracking.
First arrived, first served.
Cheers

Thanks for the offer mate! These still available? I'm getting a rather good seal with the small normal trinity sleeves, so assuming the kombi tips are the same size, I'd be interested. Shoot me a PM if you would.

This is my personal view on the phantom 4 I received on Thursday.

I have had many IEM's in the past but only have FLC8s to compaire with att.

I can't get an easy fit with the 4s, no problem with the FLC8s.
Bass go deeper on the FLC8s (red, grey, blue), tried silver damped and gun metal stock filters on the 4.
Allthough space is wider on the 4 I prefer the FLC8s here too because it sounds more realistic.
This is actuall what bothers me on the Phantom 4, they just sound un-realistic to me and since I don't want to get fooled I put them away quite quick when listening to my favorite music and switch to the FLC8s.

Again, these are mine, and mine only, findings.

EDIT TO PREVENT DOUBLE POST: Well, the FLC8 is considered to be good value at more than double the price of the PM4 so I'm not surprised you might prefer them.
Still, unrealistic isn't a word I'd use to describe the PM4's. The stock filters were perhaps, but the undampened filters clear up the sound so much (and make it slightly more gritty, but I can live with that). Plus, I found that they are very fussy when it comes to tips. You might want to fiddle around with the whole accessories package a bit more to see if you can find a better sound.

Also Bob, you're really bringing this whole customer service and feedback thing to a whole new level. I wonder if after all these great deals and offers you're still making any money
rolleyes.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #9,420 of 24,683
Thanks for the offer mate! These still available? I'm getting a rather good seal with the small normal trinity sleeves, so assuming the kombi tips are the same size, I'd be interested. Shoot me a PM if you would.

Also Bob, you're really bringing this whole customer service and feedback thing to a whole new level. I wonder if after all these great deals and offers you're still making any money :rolleyes:

Sanity will be the main issue not money :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back