TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 6, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #9,421 of 24,683
Sanity will be the main issue not money
biggrin.gif

Haha could you at least hang on to your marbles until the next generation of IEMs when I might have scraped enough money together to go for the top-tier model?
In all seriousness though, huge respect for all the work you're doing. The internet can be a nasty place where negativity somehow always gets amplified, but I know for a fact there is at least one very happy customer out there, and I think there are many more.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #9,422 of 24,683
Haha could you at least hang on to your marbles until the next generation of IEMs when I might have scraped enough money together to go for the top-tier model?

In all seriousness though, huge respect for all the work you're doing. The internet can be a nasty place where negativity somehow always gets amplified, but I know for a fact there is at least one very happy customer out there, and I think there are many more.

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere. These changes are our last (I've said that before I'm sure). This time they really are.

Judging by the floods of messages and emails there are many more supporters than we anticipated, really cheered me up this evening!

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #9,425 of 24,683
Maybe the filter length request is a good time to raise it again, whilst your re-working things and making changes. I really honestly believe if you add a few pound to the price for additional length filters it would suit a massive majority. Even if they were sold as a seperate add on, It would be great!

Been enjoying the pm4 all night!

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #9,426 of 24,683
  Just to add on whats coming for new production run of Atlas Delta , Sabre and Vyrus is all stainless steel body, our OWN dual voice coil drivers and a new stainless steel filter system with greater versatility with a total of 16 filter combinations with 8 different damper options.

That is what I was talking about(way back) for the PM4. An additional after purchase upgrade filter kit. Coming to the PM4, Bob?? It needs it as it isn't versatile enough.

Also, maybe some new filter storage. No pieces to screw on and off and perhaps lose. The little canisters need to be marked to tell whats in them cause you can't see inside. of course 7 pairs of filters and two canisters only hold four pair so that is another issue. So, I think the new filter system should come in a little tin or plastic snap box. My Ostry filter tips came in snap close boxes and were cheap. My Qian 39 earbuds were $6.50 and came in a metal tin with foam cutout inside. Neither should be cost prohibitive.
biggrin.gif

It may be obvious, but PM4 is extremely sensitive to tip-rolling. More than many other iems I'd say. Right tips and deep fit do miracle to them.

Very tip picky. Might have something to do with the length of the filters. Some want longer ones and I might agree to use with tips that are shorter or a narrower in shape.

Also don't think the cable works well with them. Obviously the same cable with all these different configuration of drivers isn't gonna work optimally with all of them. I have one on the way to try out(sans memory wire) and I am using an older UE cable that makes the PM4 easier to drive, forwards the mids, and heightens and deepens the presentation. With UE I upgraded from this cable but with the PM4 it is an "upgrade" cable :)

Even though I have one driver and filter issues(neither really diminishes usability) and they sent me another color than what I chose, I am thinking of sticking with my pair than going to the altered version.

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #9,427 of 24,683
Judging by the floods of messages and emails there are many more supporters than we anticipated, really cheered me up this evening!

It may be 11;30pm there but it still isn't too late for a nice pint of bitter :)

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #9,428 of 24,683
It's been an rollercoaster ride; can anyone sum up the changes for the pre-ordered PM6 and Hunter, future products, and follow ups for existing owners?
I have the Lanyard in hand and pre-ordered the PM4,PM6,Hunter, silver litz cable and would like to know what to expect, especially since I still haven't recieved my PM4 yet.

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #9,429 of 24,683
It's been an rollercoaster ride; can anyone sum up the changes for the pre-ordered PM6 and Hunter, future products, and follow ups for existing owners?
I have the Lanyard in hand and pre-ordered the PM4,PM6,Hunter, silver litz cable and would like to know what to expect, especially since I still haven't recieved my PM4 yet.

I will be starting a new thread in the next day or so as this has got way to messy and it will sum up everything.

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #9,430 of 24,683

And if your point is valid, then why isn't Bob releasing all PM6 and Hunter with the "superior" cable?

In any case, this doesn't mean that I won't support Trinity in the future, just that I won't be in the preorder group anymore.  

Because people that pre-ordered have an expectation of what kind of product they are getting.  The specific cables, connectors, etc.  You ship what they paid for.  

You modify the product and announce it before pre-orders ship, which gives the pre-order customers a chance to see the differences, and cancel or proceed with their order.  It's the simplest and safest way for Bob & co. to continue.

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #9,431 of 24,683
Because people that pre-ordered have an expectation of what kind of product they are getting.  The specific cables, connectors, etc.  You ship what they paid for.  

You modify the product and announce it before pre-orders ship, which gives the pre-order customers a chance to see the differences, and cancel or proceed with their order.  It's the simplest and safest way for Bob & co. to continue.

Couldn't have said it better.

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #9,432 of 24,683
There has been quite a bit of PANIC in this thread in the last few days. I for one am glad that Bob will try to keep the "inferior" build for the Hunter for the pre-orders as I don't trust y-splits and already own some 2pins that'll hopefully work well with it if the stock cables aren't up to par. Maybe the y split will be good though, I won't judge the build till I see it.

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #9,434 of 24,683
The braided cable without memory wire was one of the best cables (ergonomy wise) that I've used so far. It simply disappears after being worn.

I had ordered the matte black PM4 and haven't had any issues with it so far. The filters had no residue metals. It screws and unscrews perfectly. Same with the canisters to hold the filters. One of the filters had the dampener loose and it is flipped inside the filter. Is it easy to pry it by myself and seat it properly? I don't use that filter though so nothing urgent.

The audio with bluetooth lanyard is also very good, but the range isn't that good. Onkyo dp-x1 streaming with apt-x.

Waiting for the hunter to come. And how goes the silver cables? Are they getting ready to be shipped out?

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #9,435 of 24,683
I understand the issues that people have with QC even though Trinity has gone above and beyond to deal with my issues, but a lot of the issues persist still. Both the braided cables that came with my Vyrus and Sabre failed, and so did the replacement I got sent. So even though I appreciate the costumer service that Trinity offers (second to none) I also understand the frustration/disappointment that some are feeling right now. Until I get the cable situation sorted out I'm stuck using the memory wire on my iem and I don't really prefer them to the regular ones. Hopefully these changes are for the better, but I cannot help the feeling that I somehow paid to be a beta tester for a couple of their products (great products that they are, though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back