TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 6, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #9,361 of 24,683
And where will remote/mic go, or are we doing away with those? The Y split is too far away for a mic to be convenient. The mic cable is absolutely essential for me.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #9,362 of 24,683
I have received mine bud some filters lacking. I have already contacted with trinity and that might be no problem. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #9,366 of 24,683

If I so may ask,how does the pm4 stack up against the likes of ibasso it03 or even the sirius? hehe

it can stack up against the it03 to a certain extent but not the sirius.
very similar to martian with less sparkle and more meaty.

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #9,367 of 24,683
I'm going to cancel my PM6 order. Too much uncertainty in supporting what is essentially a start-up.  QC issues have me nervous.  Furthermore, while I understand and appreciate the active changes that Bob is making, I didn't pay for or want an IEM with a replaceable cable below the Y-split.  It defeats the generally accepted purpose of having user-replaceable cables.  Sure the DAC/Bluetooth module is interesting but I don't want to buy into a fully proprietary system.  

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #9,368 of 24,683
  I'm going to cancel my PM6 order. Too much uncertainty in supporting what is essentially a start-up.  QC issues have me nervous.  Furthermore, while I understand and appreciate the active changes that Bob is making, I didn't pay for or want an IEM with a replaceable cable below the Y-split.  It defeats the generally accepted purpose of having user-replaceable cables.  Sure the DAC/Bluetooth module is interesting but I don't want to buy into a fully proprietary system.  

Same situation is here ,  i want to cancel my Hunters order for the reasons you mention above but wait until the final announcements comes out , , , ,  

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #9,369 of 24,683
Same situation is here ,  i want to cancel my Hunters order for the reasons you mention above but wait until the final announcements comes out , , , ,  

Thank you for being sensible about waiting, shame others didn't read what I wrote so well.

We have decided that master 6 and hunter will get a standard recessed 2 pin cable and as such you can use many other cables too.

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #9,371 of 24,683
I don't think it is going to be proprietary. It seems like it will take a normal 4 pole balanced plug or standard 3.5 plug... Which IMO would mean it would make MUCH more sense to just offer a shorter detachable cable to use with the DAC rather than go to fixed cables. If the current trinity style plug is causing issues why not go to a standard 2 pin? Then everyone would be happy.

Edit* Haha Bob beat me to it and offered the exact solution I was hoping for

And that's why I was holding out on canceling too. Great news!

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #9,372 of 24,683
Thank you for being sensible about waiting, shame others didn't read what I wrote so well.

We have decided that master 6 and hunter will get a standard recessed 2 pin cable and as such you can use many other cables too.

Last post I saw on the PM6 and Hunter cables is as follows:

Master 6 and Hunter will have these revision put in place, some will love and some won't, those that don't, contact us and we will take care of you.

Did I miss something?  

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #9,374 of 24,683
I think that's the best decision in this situation. I also was confused about Y cable. But standard rstandard recessed 2 pin cable sounds perfect for me. I already bought one from Fiio for my PM6 (Brookos advice).   Also i really liked this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m19oUuAGClM Of PM4. 
Good luck Bob. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #9,375 of 24,683

And please if it is possible make sure to show here the pictures of final approved units of PM6 and Hunter along with some informations of changes/improvements you done,  thanks . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back