TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 6, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #9,332 of 24,683
Not sure how I feel about it. Replaceable cable means working iem in two to three days as you nice l just order new one and done. With this you have to ship it to Trinity and wait for repair which may break again.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #9,333 of 24,683
I have to say that the two iems I have gotten from Trinity had issues with the cable and both had to be replaced. Maybe having a braided cable is not ideal and Trinity should look into completely scraping them. I would really prefer to have the cloth cable without the mic.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #9,334 of 24,683
Yep, me too.  So much so that I'm just waiting on full details before deciding whether to cancel my Hunter or not... But leaning toward cancelling unless something really impressive comes up to change my mind.  The whole inline BT DAC thing sounds great and all but I have my doubts on whether that is worth giving up 2 pin connectors and full cable swaps for me.  One of the big selling points on the current trinity line was compatibility with normal 2 pin connectors as well as the trinity proprietary ones.  

I agree with you :joy: maybe trinity can appease us 2 with a special edition :smirk:

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #9,337 of 24,683
Thank you Bob. Seems you have your eye on the ball and are actively looking for some kind of 'fix'.

I bought a Vyrus which I liked so much (except for that cable connection which just kept falling out) and I then bought a Sabre. Same thing with the cable unfortunately, but there was also another significant difference for me.

The barrel width is quite a bit smaller than the Vyrus which makes getting a seal (for me, at least) quite difficult. I ended up using the biggest tips so that the barrels get kind of suspended in your ears.

I like the iem so much that I have persevered with the fitting, but perhaps we might need to know barrel widths on them because I'm now wary of going up the ladder, due to that very issue. (Along with the plug fit)

Quick fix? A tight rubber fitting over the barrel to fatten it up before putting the tip on?

Anyway, many thanks for your update which is extremely generous of you. Shows that you do read comments and act on them which is even better!!

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #9,338 of 24,683
This is really starting to feel like an LH Labs thread lol.

I understand things from your point of view Bob so let me also share my experience from my angle.

On May 20th I ordered, and paid for, a pair of IEM's that I don't even remember now when was supposed to ship originally (maybe August/September). Later I also ordered, and paid for, a Bluetooth cable to use with these IEM's when they arrived.

Fast forward to yesterday and my IEM's finally arrived. I own about 100 IEM's already (from $5 to $500) and this is the first time ever that an IEM falls apart on me upon first initial listening. Things can always happen but after checking in on this thread every once in a while I was aware that many other's had issues as well so I was really more disappointed than surprised with the problems I experienced.

Now I understand that the design of these IEM's are already determined not to be reliable enough to keep producing anymore which, in my understanding, mean that the Lanyard (due to its proprietary connectors) will also be useless to me (and most likely many others as well). To get a working pair one will have to spend even more money and waiting time.....

I do salute the decision to make the new design and think it's a wise one given the circumstances. That being said I've got a lot of IEM's with MMCX and some with two pin connectors and I've never had any issues with any of them so far.

To sum up (the way I've understood things) we've got a company that's sold one model of IEM's for about $200,000 to audio enthusiasts that's waited for up to six months to receive them and where most are working properly but many are not and all of them will be restricted to the cables that came in the original package. Those who'd like to have the possibility to use them with other cables or, even worse, just get their original ones working the way it should have in the first place will have to "upgrade" to the new solution that may or may not be working properly and will be available sometime in the future......

I'm too old to loose any sleep over things like this but I can't help feeling resigned and a bit clueless over the whole situation.

I may very well have misunderstood things so please feel free to correct me if that's the case here but this is the impressions I'm left with so far.

Anyway I'm looking forward to see how things works out eventually and the good thing here is that I do have other stuff to enjoy while waiting again :wink:

Cheers

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #9,339 of 24,683
Very pleased to hear @bobtrinity is working hard to fix the QC issues some have seen.

I don't quite follow the wired Dac point but I'm sure all will be explained soon.

My *only* concern is the fixed cable. All my iems, if they ever fail, are down to cable issues. I hope that, whatever solution trinity have for the attachment point is bulletproof.

Also. Please consider those of us who don't like memory wire. If the cable is fixed. There is no option for those who have issues with it.

Looking forward to more news later. :)

These are valid points that I didn't even think about. How to satisfy both the ones that wants memory wires and those who don't as well as the ones who'd like to use silver wires (or what's not) and the ones that don't?

Also, the issue with cables cutting out at the housing connection will also not be solved with this solution the way I understand it.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #9,340 of 24,683
These are valid points that I didn't even think about. How to satisfy both the ones that wants memory wires and those who don't as well as the ones who'd like to use silver wires (or what's not) and the ones that don't?

Also, the issue with cables cutting out at the housing connection will also not be solved the way I understand it.

It should fix the cutting out issue because it will be hard wired... but I also don't understand how a Y-split cable is deemed a better option than a normal 2-pin...  I have always hated Y-splitter cables since my Sonys from 10-15 years ago.  There's a reason that didn't catch on.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #9,341 of 24,683
I'm not a fan of Y connector. I had a lot of iems with standard 2pin connectors and never had any issues. I think your custom 2pin connector is a problem. If You really decide to make PM6 Y connected, I'm gonna cancel my order, since I want to have an option to swap my cables. And that is what I paid for.

I'm waiting for an email with all the information.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #9,342 of 24,683
You look away from this thread for 24 hours and it goes berserk.

I am very happy to hear the big update from @Bobtrinity, as one of the unlucky ones having QC issues with the Gunmetal PM4's, but also I like to think one of the lucky ones for getting to experience the amazing service Jake and the team offer I am excited to hear more.

Huge thanks again to all the Trinity family for the immense effort you put in to every part of your business and for acting so quickly to try to resolve my PM4 problems. Not a shadow of a doubt you fully deserve the enormous praise you get.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #9,343 of 24,683
I hear the fuzziness in the mid-range too. Weird.

EDIT: It could be my Axon 7 being a warm sauce and all.

I did also for the first 10-15 minutes before my filter fell off (with the Opus #1 and Burson V2+) but given the filter problem it's hard to say if it might be caused by that or something else.

What worries my is that with (the lack of) QC here how can we even know that they sound the way they're suppopsed to do or not........

I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt until I get to hear a properly working pair though. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #9,344 of 24,683
  Sometimes you can try to be too clever for your own good... A Trinity story of what not to do.

Well as you know we like to listen to what customers say and change and adapt, so the Atlas was created off the back of customer demand/request. One of the things customers wanted was detachable cables, so in comes the MMCX connectors. Well that was something I wish we really had not done (Yes Brooko, you warned me), MMCX is just not up to the job of repeated removal and re-attaching of cables before something weakens, this does not apply to every single one but it was enough to make me go aaarrrggghhh and not repeat the same mistake (famous last words right).

We have been working on a new cable system that will detach at the Y-Split, thats right, the main body will be hard wired.....

..., because you guys have almost become beta testers and thats not right either, the fact is that we don't want to read a single other post, comment or story how we did something so great and failed at some smaller details, details that matter, details that you guys have to live with every day you use one of our iems. Just down right unacceptable, end of story!

Your Humble Audio Servant
Bob

Bob, thanks for sharing the Trinity story! Good lesson for all of us.

Even though Trinity customer service is excellent, I do prefer to enjoy Trinity products without having to experience customer support or even trade-in programs.
Therefore, to avoid making Trinity customers as 'beta testers' of future Trinity products, I would like to propose to have the final production model be properly reviewed by at least 3-4 reviewers before starting the pre-order or sale. I know even other companies don't do that, but we your customers will really appreciate that effort.

I bought 2x Hyperion, 2x PM4, and 2x PM6, all based on trust. And I honestly disappointed with PM4 sound quality from the 1st unit that I received. I received matte black shell which supposedly doesn't suffer from production error like the gunmetal shell. I just hope that the 2nd unit will sound better, and this 1st unit proven faulty.

I guess if there were at least 3-4 proper reviews before I made the purchase, I would have a better idea of how it sounds and what to expect.

Regarding detachable cable at the Y split point, I have no issue as long as it uses 4 poles connector to make it balanced ready and to improve crosstalk. A suggestion from your humble customer 
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #9,345 of 24,683
Im just an audio enthusiast, I don't have the ability to discern specifics. I can say though, that my pm4 sound absolutely clear. Bass hits nice n deep, voices are clear, highs sound nice.

Gutting that people are starting to have various issues from product to the actual sound. To my ears, these sound great out of my mojo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back