TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 16, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #7,741 of 24,683
  Not sure how I'd go about returning the PM6 that I'll get from theKickstarter.  I don't really understand why you'd root for the 6 to be worse...  I'd much rather the PM6 be a step above the PM4 as would anyone who paid the extra money for it.  My concern comes from the lack of hype for it but mostly Bob's comments about the PM4 sounding great and saying we will really like the sound, but barely mentioning the 6, only saying it was tuned similar to the hunter.  

The Master 6 and Hunter are upgrades from the Master 4. Everything is better again still.

I have not hyped it up as much as its not shipping out the door like the master 4 just has.

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #7,742 of 24,683
Not sure how I'd go about returning the PM6 that I'll get from theKickstarter.  I don't really understand why you'd root for the 6 to be worse...  I'd much rather the PM6 be a step above the PM4 as would anyone who paid the extra money for it.  My concern comes from the lack of hype for it but mostly Bob's comments about the PM4 sounding great and saying we will really like the sound, but barely mentioning the 6, only saying it was tuned similar to the hunter.  

I think the disparity of hype comes from the low price point vs performance ratio on these... stepping up the ladder past middrange gear you start experiencing diminishing returns per dollar spent, so the PM4 is in a sweet spot.

I'm super hyped about the whole range... :sunglasses:

Edit: I have a PM4 and a Hunter ordered... and like Bob said, the hype train will pick up speed as release dates get nearer

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #7,743 of 24,683

Actually i dont agree at all, i wish more people could experience the best that Trinity or other brands can offer and also you could just return the PM6 and get a cheaper PM4. Personally even though i bought both models i will only be able to experience 1, at least until i meet my brother next year. i just hope he enjoys my gift.

personally Im not sure that high end IEM's are neccesarily right for everyone, at least in the early days of the hobby! in that I think one needs a fair amount of experience with earphones and to be 'time served' to more deeply appreaciate the difference with, for example the PM4 V the PM6 - Is one 'better' than the other. Technically yes. Will everyone be able to >truly appreciate< the differences. Maybe not.
With time you find its not that: the more money you spend the better the sound is, its more that the subtle nuances, the life like sound, the realism, the natural-nous, the instrument seperation, the imaging,etc etc is what you are paying for.
I heard the Hunter [i think!] at Can Jam and had a very 'goosebump' moment with the sound. Almost impossible to explain why but the sum of the EXPERIENCE of the audio being listened to at that moment was so close to realism that is was quite spooky - Its this intangible magic thing that happens when a perfectly tuned IEM meets with a greatly implimented DAP playing a well mastered album that one experiences an 'Audiophile' moment and at that time it all makes sense! because words no longer have any meaning to express the audiblemagic :)

EDIT: although as Bob says, the PM6 will be better! :) Of course it will...Im just thinking out loud here :)

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #7,744 of 24,683

The Master 6 and Hunter are upgrades from the Master 4. Everything is better again still.

I have not hyped it up as much as its not shipping out the door like the master 4 just has.

I was thinking more back to way earlier in the thread.  When you finished tuning the PM4 you said a few times how happy you were with it, but I just saw a lot of re-tuning discussion of the PM6, and no final comments on the sound except it will have an FR similar to the Hunter 
tongue.gif
 .  And Yes, I'm sure a big draw of the PM4 hype is the price vs performance ratio.  

Maybe I'm just feeling left out because everyone is getting their new toys but I'm stuck waiting another 6 weeks+

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #7,745 of 24,683
  I was thinking more back to way earlier in the thread.  When you finished tuning the PM4 you said a few times how happy you were with it, but I just saw a lot of re-tuning discussion of the PM6, and no final comments on the sound except it will have an FR similar to the Hunter 
tongue.gif
 .  And Yes, I'm sure a big draw of the PM4 hype is the price vs performance ratio.  

Maybe I'm just feeling left out because everyone is getting their new toys but I'm stuck waiting another 6 weeks+

I have said my thoughts way back in this thread. But just to recap the Master 6 and Hunter in their final states of tune are utterly immense and effortless at what they do, along with being the most tuneable IEMs we have done to date.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #7,747 of 24,683

Because you are saying and thinking you want it to be better for you because you paid extra money for it. On the other hand i said i wouldnt mind if everyone felt that the while technically inferior the PM4 was more enjoyable overall, that would be something good for ALL (at least for the majority since not as many bought the PM6) not just for me and a few other people, get it?! The difference between your way of thought and my way of thought is pretty much day and night.

So no i'm not rooting for it to be worse but i also wouldnt mind if it was less enjoyable since i could trade for the PM4 that so many more people could enjoy also.

I didnt bought it on kickstarter and i actually forgot it was there so thats why i talked about returns.

Like  @jon parker said the performance/price ratio dictated the difference in hype and probably sale numbers.

How do I know whether my PM4 has been shipped or not???

Bob said ALL.

All Master 4 have shipped for UK, Europe and other places in the world, our guys in Alabama are working through the US ones and will take a day or 2 to get them shipped.

Unless you arent from UK, Europe and other places in the world you should be covered. :wink:

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #7,748 of 24,683

I have said my thoughts way back in this thread. But just to recap the Master 6 and Hunter in their final states of tune are utterly immense and effortless at what they do, along with being the most tuneable IEMs we have done to date.

It's entirely possible I missed something, hard to keep up with this thread.  I'm probably just being impatient...

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #7,750 of 24,683
I'll be interested to see if anyone thinks the PM4 isn't worth it. It's definitely slightly different in tuning to the Vyrus and Sabre, with a shorter feel to it than the previous models but I am looking forward to seeing how technically good this could be, as initial impressions seem to indicate it could be a very capable performer in that area.

I think Bob's assertion this is a more "grown up" sound is bang on - less "in your face" right out of the box, but with more substance under the surface.

Sadly, have a few reviews stacked up for other IEMs I am currently listening to, so the proper impressions on these Will have to wait - looking forward to spending some proper time with them soon though.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #7,751 of 24,683
Listening to my PM4's right now, and I'm one happy customer! Build quality and feel are exceptional and they're perfectly comfortable to wear.

I don't think I'm the right person to go into the details of the sound (too soon anyway), but I can say that from what I'm hearing with the gunmetal and gold-damped filters, I'm finding it hard to find fault! Was listening to John Mayer's Bold as Love cover and the guitar has never sounded so sweet! Now I'm currently falling back in love with Norah Jones all over again! :p

Reason I'm posting is mainly to give a massive thank you to Bob and co. In a world of companies choosing to compromise quality, service and value to maximise profits, you guys are a diamond in the rough. I think we should all appreciate that. Yes there have been delays and unexpected setbacks, but that's the nature of supporting a relatively small company with a product that wasn't completed yet. But Bob has kept us informed the whole way through and has more than delivered in the end. If the quality of the PM4 isn't enough to impress, the price I paid for them is the icing on the cake!

For those of you waiting for the PM6 and Hunter, you have a treat ahead of you if they indeed improve on the PM4, just hang in there! Believe in Bob! He hasn't disappointed us yet.

Keep up the awesome awesome work Bob! And all the best with all your future projects! I'll be keeping an eye on things :D

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #7,752 of 24,683
How do I know whether my PM4 has been shipped or not???

An unknown man in uniform will knock on your door and present you with a mysterious package...
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #7,753 of 24,683

An unknown man in uniform will knock on your door and present you with a mysterious package...
tongue_smile.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist
redface.gif

Am probably just jealous because I'm in the UK and I still haven't received my PM4's.
Not going to complain too much; I know others have it much worse.
Initial reviews are making me somewhat er.. 'keen' to receive them. Putting it mildly
beerchug.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #7,754 of 24,683
I'll be interested to see if anyone thinks the PM4 isn't worth it. It's definitely slightly different in tuning to the Vyrus and Sabre, with a shorter feel to it than the previous models

Hi Jackpot77, just wonder if you could elaborate on what you mean by "with a shorter feel to it"?
London is near to Bristol. My PM4's must be stuck on the M25 or something
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back