TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 16, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #7,756 of 24,683
  Hi Jackpot77, just wonder if you could elaborate on what you mean by "with a shorter feel to it"?
London is near to Bristol. My PM4's must be stuck on the M25 or something
tongue_smile.gif

In a plain white long wheelbase van - that's how it played out, this morning :wink:

What courier service did you say it was again? Hopefully they figure out how to deliver post to my office... 

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #7,758 of 24,683
I'll be interested to see if anyone thinks the PM4 isn't worth it. It's definitely slightly different in tuning to the Vyrus and Sabre, with a shorter feel to it than the previous models but I am looking forward to seeing how technically good this could be, as initial impressions seem to indicate it could be a very capable performer in that area.

I think Bob's assertion this is a more "grown up" sound is bang on - less "in your face" right out of the box, but with more substance under the surface.

Sadly, have a few reviews stacked up for other IEMs I am currently listening to, so the proper impressions on these Will have to wait - looking forward to spending some proper time with them soon though.

Thanks for giving out some quick views on it. I own the vyrus and like them, but compared to my personal current top of the line, the Mee Pinnacle P1, the vyrus just seem to be lacking in clarity and detail. They are a great pair especially for the price, but the sound just doesn't quite keep up (nor was I expecting them to for the price). The PM4 on the other hand, my hope is that I will get back a lot of that clarity I miss from the P1's but with some added bass punch that I find lacking slightly on the P1's. Since they are in the same price bracket (even though with preorder and head fi discount, it was significantly less) I am expecting similar if not even better performance, and looking forward to having something similarly performing with tuning abilities. Does it sound like I am on the right track with my expectations? I know you have or at least use to have a P1 (and I used your review for purchasing decisions), so I am interested to hear your thoughts. Though hopefully I won't have to wait more than another day or two before I get mine in hand anyways and can hear for myself...

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #7,764 of 24,683
Hi Jackpot77, just wonder if you could elaborate on what you mean by "with a shorter feel to it"?
London is near to Bristol. My PM4's must be stuck on the M25 or something :tongue_smile:

Stupid autocorrect - I meant a sharper feel, not a shorter one!

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #7,765 of 24,683
Stupid autocorrect - I meant a sharper feel, not a shorter one!

Hahaha! Ok, no worries!
I was just wondering whether there was some new term being used for describing sound signatures that I was previously unaware of
tongue_smile.gif

You should just go with it, start a new trend
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #7,768 of 24,683
Nov 16, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #7,770 of 24,683
I imagine I was one of the last people to order the PM4 though (shortly before the discount period expired).
(Trinity) Bob did say it should be delivered today or tomorrow, so no need to panic yet.
And if you were a 'late adopter' like me, that would certainly explain the delay, since they were sent out on a first come, first served basis I believe (not certain of this though)
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back