TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 9, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #7,472 of 24,683
  Alright, I'm not quite so unlucky haha. I've been rotating days through a JH16 FP, Kumitate Labs Sanka, and Earwerkz Supra. Since you're using Apple earpods, I can see why you'd be so eager to get your pair of PM4s
biggrin.gif

JH16 FP; is that the JH Audio 16? If I had them, I'd be pretty laid back about waiting too
beerchug.gif

I had Audeo Phonak's before, but they died after a couple of years (1 cable/earphone stopped working).
I had a pair of Dunu Titan 1es to plug the gap, but the housing came loose and the wires eventually broke inside.
Finally, someone kindly gave me a pair of Hyperions, but a couple of months later, they had a loose connection issue.
The vocals (or midrange?) were muted into the background unless I pulled and held the cable at an exact angle.
So yes, with the Apple earbuds, I'm constantly conscious of a poor sound signature and missing detail.
And hence mightily looking forward to the PM4's. Although am (relatively) patient; no complaints from me!

All these IEM issues makes me wonder whether I am somehow derelict in the way I treat my IEM's
confused_face_2.gif

I keep my DAP (xDuoo X3 - Rockboxed FTW!) in my trouser or suit pocket, and thread the IEM cable inside my shirt/top.
When not using, I loosely curl them up and tuck them into a pocket in my shoulder bag.
Do you guys think this is normal or stupid? I've never really given it too much thought until I was only left with Apple earbuds
tongue_smile.gif

One thing's for sure; I'll be treating the PM4's (and PM6's) like delicate glass. And always keeping them in the supplied carry case when not in use
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #7,473 of 24,683
IEMs are notoriously prone to breakage Layman1 so even with the greatest of care they tend to fail, unfortunately. However, it is the cable that is most notorious for this so with your PM4s and PM6s you at least have the comfort of knowing that the cable can be easily replaced. Plus Trinity have a well deserved excellent record where customer service is concerned and they will supply us with two cables as standard with these IEMs so one will at least have a back-up whilst one waits for a replacement cable to arrive from them.

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #7,474 of 24,683
IEMs are notoriously prone to breakage Layman1 so even with the greatest of care they tend to fail, unfortunately. However, it is the cable that is most notorious for this so with your PM4s and PM6s you at least have the comfort of knowing that the cable can be easily replaced. Plus Trinity have a well deserved excellent record where customer service is concerned and they will supply us with two cables as standard with these IEMs so one will at least have a back-up whilst one waits for a replacement cable to arrive from them.

Yes, the fact that they came with detachable cables was a huge selling point for me.
The fact that they have such great after-sales service AND included extra cables in the box dissolved what little willpower I had left..
beyersmile.png

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #7,476 of 24,683
Yes, the fact that they came with detachable cables was a huge selling point for me.
The fact that they have such great after-sales service AND included extra cables in the box dissolved what little willpower I had left.. :beyersmile:

They make it hard to resist, bless'em :). It's the heavy discount on early pre-orders that always swings it for me though :blush:. I can't resist 'em! I order and tell myself mentally that it's the equivalent of a Kickstarter pledge so I need to wait patiently for them to be fully designed and made. I find that helps my patience quite a bit but don't mind admitting that I am getting really rather excited about the impending arrival of my PM4 order! :D

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #7,477 of 24,683

JH16 FP; is that the JH Audio 16? If I had them, I'd be pretty laid back about waiting too
beerchug.gif

I had Audeo Phonak's before, but they died after a couple of years (1 cable/earphone stopped working).
I had a pair of Dunu Titan 1es to plug the gap, but the housing came loose and the wires eventually broke inside.
Finally, someone kindly gave me a pair of Hyperions, but a couple of months later, they had a loose connection issue.
The vocals (or midrange?) were muted into the background unless I pulled and held the cable at an exact angle.
So yes, with the Apple earbuds, I'm constantly conscious of a poor sound signature and missing detail.
And hence mightily looking forward to the PM4's. Although am (relatively) patient; no complaints from me!

All these IEM issues makes me wonder whether I am somehow derelict in the way I treat my IEM's
confused_face_2.gif

I keep my DAP (xDuoo X3 - Rockboxed FTW!) in my trouser or suit pocket, and thread the IEM cable inside my shirt/top.
When not using, I loosely curl them up and tuck them into a pocket in my shoulder bag.
Do you guys think this is normal or stupid? I've never really given it too much thought until I was only left with Apple earbuds
tongue_smile.gif

One thing's for sure; I'll be treating the PM4's (and PM6's) like delicate glass. And always keeping them in the supplied carry case when not in use
biggrin.gif

Yes it is and hence why I'm pretty laid back
biggrin.gif
. Bob can take his time, I've got other things in the meantime. And in this case, it's not even him this time! He's just waiting on supplier parts.

I don't think you're being too abusive with your IEMs. You don't yank them out of your ears and you curl them in a loop before carefully stowing them in a pocket. The only other thing I do personally is having a case if I happen to have one small enough. The people that aren't taking care are those who just sort of yank them out of their ears by the cable and stuff them in a pocket or bag, then wonder why they're hopelessly tangled when taking them out again later.

They make it hard to resist, bless'em
smily_headphones1.gif
. It's the heavy discount on early pre-orders that always swings it for me though :blush:. I can't resist 'em! I order and tell myself mentally that it's the equivalent of a Kickstarter pledge so I need to wait patiently for them to be fully designed and made. I find that helps my patience quite a bit but don't mind admitting that I am getting really rather excited about the impending arrival of my PM4 order!
biggrin.gif

And hilariously enough, they have a good change of showing sooner than a Kickstarter pledge too
tongue.gif

Nov 9, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #7,480 of 24,683
  Yeah... not gonna get into a political thing but it was quite a bit more complicated for me than that...also my personal life is in a downward spiral so... *bleh*

That's really great news about the orders, glad it's all moving along smoothly... thanks for the update dude. I keep vacillating between my Delta-II and Atlas... really looking forward to experiencing the new stuff 
redface.gif

Edit: Me right now:
http://i.imgur.com/EUMfqLn.gifv

You're one of the faces a i like seeing on this thread.  I can tell you you're not alone.  "xanax" by Elohim always cheers me up a little these situation.  Overcoming a month long bout myself, but it's good cuz your steal feeling
wink.gif
.  At least you found this magical place.  BOB's prospect of the pm4 helped me get through knowing it ain't gonna flop like the fiiO x1ii.
tongue.gif

Nov 9, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #7,481 of 24,683
  Does anyone know if that Head-Fi membership discount is still live? I'm kinda talking myself into the Phantom Hunters. That 20% would ease the decision. 

I ordered a pair on PM4 on 10/21/16 at the time I was unaware of the discount. Since then I have searched for info on the discount but have come up empty. I would have thought it would be on the first page of this thread, but didn't see it. A thread of almost 500 pages makes it hard to read each page.

Nov 9, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #7,482 of 24,683
  I ordered a pair on PM4 on 10/21/16 at the time I was unaware of the discount. Since then I have searched for info on the discount but have come up empty. I would have thought it would be on the first page of this thread, but didn't see it. A thread of almost 500 pages makes it hard to read each page.

Bottom of the first post.

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #7,483 of 24,683

Just look at any post made by Bob. The discount code is in his signature.

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #7,484 of 24,683
They make it hard to resist, bless'em
smily_headphones1.gif
. It's the heavy discount on early pre-orders that always swings it for me though :blush:. I can't resist 'em! I order and tell myself mentally that it's the equivalent of a Kickstarter pledge so I need to wait patiently for them to be fully designed and made. I find that helps my patience quite a bit but don't mind admitting that I am getting really rather excited about the impending arrival of my PM4 order!
biggrin.gif

My feelings exactly, mate! I'm at this very moment trying to resist the urge to buy a pair of PM4 just to tide me over till the Hunters and PM6 ship... It's always exciting to get new stuff, eh! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back