TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 27, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #7,021 of 24,683
Trinity Audio is quite unique in that it lets us in to its development, tweeks and production targets. So, some get frustrated if there are delays. Any delay is typically down to refining the product, which benefits its customers. For example, the target date for the Hunters if I remember correctly was Sep/Oct. Now, it's November. But, it's only because of Brooko's suggestion for improvement that delayed production. I love that. It's why I back them.

For those of you frustrated by delays or communications, I understand it, but we're able to express our ideas for improvements or our wishes for our IEMs. You won't get that kind of input from any other manufacturer, that I'm aware of. Bob and his team as we know are busy developing, improving, testing, arranging production, packaging, delivery and when he can update us on here. Try that with Jaybird, Sennheiser or any others and they'll ignore you in most cases. As we don't usually know when they will release products, our expectations are not built up, so in our, 'I want it yesterday' culture, we get our fix quickly. But with Trinity Audio, it's a long build up and when there's a delay, there is some frustration. But, all good things come to those that wait :) And when you get that IEM in your ears and something is not working or missing, you are safe in the knowledge that Jake will help you to make sure you're happy. That is what separates good products from great products. I look forward to my Hunters whenever I get them.

Oct 27, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #7,022 of 24,683
@Brooko
@Bobtrinity

Apology in advance is this had already been discussed but just curious if you are able to compare the SQ of the PM4 / PM6 to something like the Sennheiser IE 80?  IE80 is currently 60% off on Massdrop and would be a nice addition to the collection but pointless if the PM4/6 can match or beat it.  Rather spend the $ on the ATH-M50x or B&O H6 2nd.

Thanks.

Oct 27, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #7,023 of 24,683

This is why I got the Pm6 and can't wait for that natural sound to play!

(Indigo) Bob, please tell me what make/model that amp is?
The logo reminds me of Jack Vang's (of Empire Ears fame) logo on here, but anyway, it looks incredible..
And Podster, your picture and comment were teasingly lacking in solid information lol :p

Oct 27, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #7,024 of 24,683
The logo reminds me of Jack Vang's (of Empire Ears fame) logo on here, but anyway, it looks incredible..
And Podster, your picture and comment were teasingly lacking in solid information lol :p

It seems that this is the maker: http://ims-nz.com/ But I do not see that model.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #7,025 of 24,683

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ims-hybrid-valve-headphone-amplifier-hva/reviews/15617

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #7,026 of 24,683
whats that amp bud?

What amp is that?

A killer desktop integrated as a direct spinoff of this one
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Waldersdude, let's try and keep our opinions about poor customer services to ourselves until there's and actual situation OK!

Sabre's anyone
biggrin.gif

It's a new project from IMS

http://www.ims-nz.com

It's not out yet, but i think @Brooko may be the one to ask about this beauty.

The sound Maritn of IMS creates out of these is pristine.

In fact it's why I chose to go with the pm6.  Once I heard the IMS sound, I had to get IEM's that had a more natural sound signature, (of course while keeping some sparkle BOB got me hooked on).  OMG... the HVA with the pm6/Hunter sound signature... 
rolleyes.gif

I bet @Bobtrinity knows what that's like.  *Jealous* 
evil_smiley.gif

I have tried to find IMS on a thread but I can't find it.  

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #7,027 of 24,683
  @Brooko
@Bobtrinity

Apology in advance is this had already been discussed but just curious if you are able to compare the SQ of the PM4 / PM6 to something like the Sennheiser IE 80?  IE80 is currently 60% off on Massdrop and would be a nice addition to the collection but pointless if the PM4/6 can match or beat it.  Rather spend the $ on the ATH-M50x or B&O H6 2nd.

Thanks.

Sorry to tell you, but Bob doesn't compare his products to others nor (I believe) is he allowed by forum rules to compare his product to that of the competitions. And Brooko doesn't have the PM4/6 right now and he understandably doesn't like to compare without products in hand.

My personal opinion is to get the PM4/6 because although the IE80 was and is a good IEM (so many people say, I haven't had a chance with them), there are equal and better IEMs for the so-called discounted Massdrop price for the IE80 (which if you hadn't noticed, isn't anywhere near 60% off because that MSRP is from when the IE80 originally launched. It currently sells for less than $230 brand new on Amazon). I'd be willing to bet Bob's new offerings can equal or surpass the old IE80.

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #7,031 of 24,683
I'm blaming my insomia here (it's ~2:30am) but while I patiently await word on the shipment of my highly anticipated PM4, I just pulled the trigger on a "spare" Techne.  Those IEMs have been my favorite since last November when I acquired them. Very under appreciated IEMs!  A nod to the Podster for flagging me on this deal.  He and I have been very vocal about how great these are.

Bob must be clearing out his warehouse given the great price plus honoring the HeadFi discount on these.   Figure I have a "spare" pair of headphones (Semn HD580 (modded) + HD600) so why not my "go to" IEMS?  LOL

I should flip my pristine Puro Sound Labs IE500 and Ownluxe A1 (E**y UEs Custom) along with my Schiit Vali-1 as I don't use any of these at all.

Oct 28, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #7,032 of 24,683
I find it funny that no one complains about paying pre-order/backer price but starts complaining pretty soon when the product is not shipped when expected. IMO people doing so have not properly understood the concept: price is lower because the risk is higher but so is aslo the possible payback......

If you're not willing to take the risk just wait until the product is widely avaiable and pay the price for it, just my 2c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back