TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 1, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #6,527 of 24,683
If I recall correctly from a post in the thread, all the drivers are used for all the frequencies and not specific drivers for specific frequencies, if that makes sense.

This is correct - no crossovers. The push/pull is to reduce low end distortion, but I don't fully understand how the technical details work. It's a feature employed in full-size speakers.

Oct 1, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #6,528 of 24,683
  Or maybe you'll magically get yours before its ready 
wink.gif
. This post will probably catch me some flack, but I have to get this off my chest. I get everyone's anticipation. I'm excited too (PM4 on order) and checking this forum almost every day. However, *almost( everything asked, reasked, asked again then regurgitated here HAS been clearly described or otherwise updated in a reasonably timely fashion. Some questions (highest on the list the WHEN question, and 'can you link the review for...') keep coming back almost once per post page, come on guys... READ a bit for yourself and give the rest a break, Bob most of all..

Same for all this speculation... Few pages back someone recommended to another guy that had a Vyrus order placed to upgrade it to PM4. I for one, and I know many others, are taking the plunge and believing it will pay off for us, but *nobody* outside of Trinity has HEARD the PM4 yet. While Bob shows very responsive customer service, and many people at head-fi have had very good experiences with Trinity and good experiences with the Trinity products, we simply don't know (for example) how good the PM4 will be. Maybe it'll be the odd one out and not be that great. IF you cannot deal with that insecurity or anxiety, please try and refrain from filling this thread with it - post if you have a genuine question that you tried to answer for yourself (with reasonable effort made like reading up at least a bit), or if you have something real to add...

Just my 2 cnts..

I have seen something like this posted several times, too.  It may add up to a full 1.00$.
wink.gif

The thread is huge and hard to search for answers.
I asked Bob about the delivery on the Master 6, knowing it was part of the KS campaign, probably a month ago when I ordered it

The website gave a date that seemed not unlikely since the KS had not started and I asked if the preorders would get delivery early, before KS finished as result of the website delivery projection.

Bob answered and said no, the preorders who be in the first batch of deliveries after the KS campaigned finished.

Finding that post will be very hard given this thread size.

Hope this helps.

It is a pain in the ***** to sift through or read back 
frown.gif
  It would be gr8 if this thread would allow for a pop windows that says the same thing that we find every 2 or 3 pages, the shipping dates for PM4, PM6, Hunter and BT lanyard.

That's a great idea.  Like having something like a headliner on a thread for key points that BOB feels is relevant like the legitimate reasons Pulpfiction has for getting frustrated.  Wink wink Mr. @Brooko/ or whoever designs the website or has say in it...

Still, given the limitations of potentially large search results or long intervals of absent news,  it is more efficient for several people to post on a single thread rather than several people sending BOB individual messages cuz I'm sure where there is one having a question, many others are wondering despite the fact that many others may know.  There's always going to be people posting things already posted.  It does also give BOB a decent gauge for what's going on with his customers and how they feel.  Good old subjective data collecting with this thread.

I've also learned that it's especially important to have a welcoming environment for newcomers to this thread to be able to ask a question, even if it does repeat or frustrates.

Oct 1, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #6,529 of 24,683
It would be gr8 if this thread would allow for a pop windows that says the same thing that we find every 2 or 3 pages, the shipping dates for PM4, PM6, Hunter and BT lanyard.

To be fair this kind of information (and other crucial information as well) is normally available in the first post(s) of a thread so that people can just visit it before they start asking questions and that (depending on how well maintained the information is) is usually enough. People that don't care to visit it can be politely directed there :wink:

Oct 1, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #6,530 of 24,683
I have seen something like this posted several times, too.  It may add up to a full 1.00$.:wink:

It is a pain in the ***** to sift through or read back :frowning2: .

That's a great idea.  Like having something like a headliner on a thread for key points that BOB feels is relevant like the legitimate reasons Pulpfiction has for getting frustrated.  Wink wink Mr. @Brooko
/ or whoever designs the website or has say in it...

Still, given the limitations of potentially large search results or long intervals of absent news,  it is more efficient for several people to post on a single thread rather than several people sending BOB individual messages cuz I'm sure where there is one having a question, many others are wondering despite the fact that many others may know.  There's always going to be people posting things already posted.  It does also give BOB a decent gauge for what's going on with his customers and how they feel.  Good old subjective data collecting with this thread.

I've also learned that it's especially important to have a welcoming environment for newcomers to this thread to be able to ask a question, even if it does repeat or frustrates.

No need for mods. All Bob has to do is post updated info in his main post then whenever somebody else asked a question answered there we can just direct them to the #1 post.

Oct 1, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #6,531 of 24,683
To be fair this kind of information (and other crucial information as well) is normally available in the first post(s) of a thread so that people can just visit it before they start asking questions and that (depending on how well maintained the information is) is usually enough. People that don't care to visit it can be politely directed there
wink.gif

No need for mods. All Bob has to do is post updated info in his main post then whenever somebody else asked a question answered there we can just direct them to the #1 post.

Yes, but with respect to this thread, a lot of info is not on that first page, and at this point in the large evolution of these products with relation to the thread, much of it isn't.  Then again, much of the info isn't available in general, but salient points that could be made to address the reposts simply aren't on the first page.

Yes, there may be no need for mods, but @Walderstorn 's idea was a good idea nonetheless.

But I must say @Lurk650 makes a very good suggestion.  Definitely a solid idea and much more helpful than simply criticizing reposts, but then that reintroduces the idea of an evolving thread such as this one and brings me to support @Walderstorn 's idea again, which would be very helpful in the larger threads that may have deviated from the main point on the first page or evolved enough to even make finding previous posts a pain in the arse.

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #6,532 of 24,683
Very interested in PM6 and Hunter. Having a hard time choosing which should I go for. If both of them supposed to have similar sound signature, what makes Hunter "the pinnacle" or rather the "top of the line"? Sorry guys, I'm totally new with Trinity Audio lineups. I'm currently using my FLC8S (red/grey/gold filters).

Oct 1, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #6,533 of 24,683
Very interested in PM6 and Hunter. Having a hard time choosing which should I go for. If both of them supposed to have similar sound signature, what makes Hunter "the pinnacle" or rather the "top of the line"? Sorry guys, I'm totally new with Trinity Audio lineups. I'm currently using my FLC8S (red/grey/gold filters).

More detail/resolution in hunter.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #6,534 of 24,683
This thread is great, but really there should be a separate one with actual information. I read through 150 pages before deciding on the pm6 and though it's fun how everyone is so excited these close to 500 pages consist mainly of chatting about random stuff.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #6,535 of 24,683
This thread is great, but really there should be a separate one with actual information. I read through 150 pages before deciding on the pm6 and though it's fun how everyone is so excited these close to 500 pages consist mainly of chatting about random stuff.

Exactly why this thread sits in the sponsors section and not the portable headphones section.

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #6,536 of 24,683

Bob has mentioned he has trouble keeping up with the thread as it is so that might not happen. Really the only solution here is for someone (or multiple people) to step up and put together an FAQ based on the thread. Post it in the thread, maybe get it linked in the first post and try to keep it updated if possible. If you get a bunch of volunteers and someone to divide up the work it wouldn't be too bad. 

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #6,537 of 24,683
  Bob has mentioned he has trouble keeping up with the thread as it is so that might not happen. Really the only solution here is for someone (or multiple people) to step up and put together an FAQ based on the thread. Post it in the thread, maybe get it linked in the first post and try to keep it updated if possible. If you get a bunch of volunteers and someone to divide up the work it wouldn't be too bad. 

I've been hanging out on the Chord Mojo thread on and off, and that's got a pretty comprehensive FAQ section in the first 1 to 3 posts.
It's been updated as the thread progresses, but agreed; if members here can copy and paste Q&A's from the thread into the first post (or first few posts), that should do the trick.

I don't know if admin rights are required for this? Probably Bob Trinity's agreement also? I have no experience of thread starting or modification, so I'm clueless in this regard I'm afraid
redface.gif

Oct 2, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #6,538 of 24,683
Please forgive me if this has been answered ad nauseum in this thread. I'm new to trinity and always wanted to try a hybrid so I pledged for the Master 6. My question is about the sound sig for the LE hunter and the master 6? Is there a reason the Hunter model wasn't offered in the KS campaign? I probably would have pre ordered the Hunter way back when it was still doable, but I'm glad to back companies with lots of promise.

I guess it's worth noting I'm kinda (maybe definitely) a basshead) but I also love good mids. Harsh sparkly treble isn't my thing, so I generally stay away from BA only IEMs.

I saw the Sabre impressions and reviews. Anything for the Hunter and Master 6 that I have missed? Thanks all...

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #6,540 of 24,683
Please forgive me if this has been answered ad nauseum in this thread. I'm new to trinity and always wanted to try a hybrid so I pledged for the Master 6. My question is about the sound sig for the LE hunter and the master 6? Is there a reason the Hunter model wasn't offered in the KS campaign? I probably would have pre ordered the Hunter way back when it was still doable, but I'm glad to back companies with lots of promise.

They're only making 1000 Hunters per year and by now they should be getting close to being sold out. The PM6 is the non-limited edition TOTL model. The Hunter is still up for pre-order if you really want one and you can use the 20% coupon for it to get it a bit cheaper. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back