TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 30, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #6,511 of 24,683
it is best iem for 30 euro

and before I get more comments I did give it the best bass iem I used

the only reason I opened it is because I am getting a replacement, and litz has 4 pole jack so I don't need to modify it just use 3.5 to 2.5 4 pole adapter

Now I see where the expression "green thumb" comes from.

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #6,512 of 24,683
it is best iem for 30 euro

and before I get more comments I did give it the best bass iem I used

the only reason I opened it is because I am getting a replacement, and litz has 4 pole jack so I don't need to modify it just use 3.5 to 2.5 4 pole adapter

You may have noted that it was the best bass IEM and 30 euro IEM you've listened too, but that's not what we're disputing here. The thing I'm criticizing was that you called it cheaply made (clearly in terms of its build quality) when your justification for calling it cheaply made is that you pulled them open with pliers. If you had said they broke open after you sat on them or that the shell was just starting to split open after you had been using them a while (like how some Sabre owners have been having issues recently), then I could accept your viewpoint as valid. It's like saying "wow, that was a pretty cheaply made wooden fence, it didn't hold up very well to my axe"; that's a pretty dumb way to justify your opinion.

Seems too bassy for me.

I can relate depending on the day. Some days I do want a ton of bass out of my music (fully recognizing it's at the cost of control and resolution compared to some of my other IEMs), but some days, it's too v-shaped for my tastes. Every time though, fantastically comfortable cuz they pretty much disappear.

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #6,513 of 24,683
Guys I'm sorry if I missed it, but has there been any update on when we can expect to receive the Phantom Master 6 if we preordered them from Trinity?

-Collin-

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #6,516 of 24,683
Thanks for the response, but really? We get the same ship date even if we bought three months ago? :frowning2:

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Unlike the Master 4 (which is 1-2 weeks from now on), the Master 6 and Hunter are currently retuned. Let's hope Santa Bob can deliver some magic for christmas. :)

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #6,518 of 24,683
Or maybe you'll magically get yours before its ready 
wink.gif
. This post will probably catch me some flack, but I have to get this off my chest. I get everyone's anticipation. I'm excited too (PM4 on order) and checking this forum almost every day. However, *almost( everything asked, reasked, asked again then regurgitated here HAS been clearly described or otherwise updated in a reasonably timely fashion. Some questions (highest on the list the WHEN question, and 'can you link the review for...') keep coming back almost once per post page, come on guys... READ a bit for yourself and give the rest a break, Bob most of all..

Same for all this speculation... Few pages back someone recommended to another guy that had a Vyrus order placed to upgrade it to PM4. I for one, and I know many others, are taking the plunge and believing it will pay off for us, but *nobody* outside of Trinity has HEARD the PM4 yet. While Bob shows very responsive customer service, and many people at head-fi have had very good experiences with Trinity and good experiences with the Trinity products, we simply don't know (for example) how good the PM4 will be. Maybe it'll be the odd one out and not be that great. IF you cannot deal with that insecurity or anxiety, please try and refrain from filling this thread with it - post if you have a genuine question that you tried to answer for yourself (with reasonable effort made like reading up at least a bit), or if you have something real to add...

Just my 2 cnts..

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #6,519 of 24,683
Or maybe you'll magically get yours before its ready :wink: . This post will probably catch me some flack, but I have to get this off my chest. I get everyone's anticipation. I'm excited too (PM4 on order) and checking this forum almost every day. However, *almost( everything asked, reasked, asked again then regurgitated here HAS been clearly described or otherwise updated in a reasonably timely fashion. Some questions (highest on the list the WHEN question, and 'can you link the review for...') keep coming back almost once per post page, come on guys... READ a bit for yourself and give the rest a break, Bob most of all..

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpqiq-FHDV4[/VIDEO]

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #6,520 of 24,683
  Or maybe you'll magically get yours before its ready 
wink.gif
. This post will probably catch me some flack, but I have to get this off my chest. I get everyone's anticipation. I'm excited too (PM4 on order) and checking this forum almost every day. However, *almost( everything asked, reasked, asked again then regurgitated here HAS been clearly described or otherwise updated in a reasonably timely fashion. Some questions (highest on the list the WHEN question, and 'can you link the review for...') keep coming back almost once per post page, come on guys... READ a bit for yourself and give the rest a break, Bob most of all..

Same for all this speculation... Few pages back someone recommended to another guy that had a Vyrus order placed to upgrade it to PM4. I for one, and I know many others, are taking the plunge and believing it will pay off for us, but *nobody* outside of Trinity has HEARD the PM4 yet. While Bob shows very responsive customer service, and many people at head-fi have had very good experiences with Trinity and good experiences with the Trinity products, we simply don't know (for example) how good the PM4 will be. Maybe it'll be the odd one out and not be that great. IF you cannot deal with that insecurity or anxiety, please try and refrain from filling this thread with it - post if you have a genuine question that you tried to answer for yourself (with reasonable effort made like reading up at least a bit), or if you have something real to add...

Just my 2 cnts..

I don't think you'll get any flack for your post, but I would like to mention that my question did fall into the category of genuine that I had previously tried to answer myself without success. It is not exactly feasible to read a 435 page thread and no, it has not been discussed on every page. I read ten pages back with no success, so I asked the question. I am sorry that it was not meaningfully adding to this thread, but since I received no reply from Trinity on the email I sent I thought I would turn to fellow head-fiers. I know we are all excited (me most definitely!), but in order to reign in that excitement I was just hoping to get some sort of date since I paid for these in early July. I hope you understand where I was coming from. 

-Collin-

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #6,521 of 24,683
Sorry Collin, I didn't mean you specifically, and yes I agree 10 pages is due dilligance ! Just that the longer this thread goes on the more posts are down the line of: 'Are we there yet !?!?', and sometimes it's clear that people DON'T read up at all.

Sometimes I just wonder if for some it's not 'another order / gadget' to wait on, obsess over and use to escape their day to day reality a bit. That's perfectly fine ofcourse, and I indulge in that myself sometimes, but I'd like people to be a bit more concious of that. If it ends up filling the thread with hardly relevant or contributing posts, or if it makes the Trinity team busy with stuff they shouldn't have to occupy themselves with, then personally I feel it's crossing a line.. They're a company out to make good audio gear with a sweet price/quality ratio. The fact that Bob is so active here is really cool, but I wonder how long it will last this way. If I were him, I'd be getting pretty tired of coming to this thread the way it has been going lately. Mind you I don't know Bob, I hope he has a cheerier disposition than myself :D

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #6,522 of 24,683
Since your post wasn't directed at Collin it must have been directed at me.  The reason I asked is because Bob had mentioned sometime back the dates would be adjusted on his website and that hasn't happened.  So I was just looking for clarification and at least if Bob answers here other people will be informed as well.  If he doesn't answer here I'll continue to check his webpage for updates and post here if anything changes.  If you haven't noticed Bob rarely answers questions about when items will ship until it's pretty close to the actually date.  

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #6,523 of 24,683
Hey Bobtrinity, can we get a description of what the drivers in the PM6 will be doing. The site says what the two dual BA drivers are for but what will the push/pull DD be for? The website only seems to give info on the two dual BAs.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #6,524 of 24,683
The thread is huge and hard to search for answers.
I asked Bob about the delivery on the Master 6, knowing it was part of the KS campaign, probably a month ago when I ordered it

The website gave a date that seemed not unlikely since the KS had not started and I asked if the preorders would get delivery early, before KS finished as result of the website delivery projection.

Bob answered and said no, the preorders who be in the first batch of deliveries after the KS campaigned finished.

Finding that post will be very hard given this thread size.

Hope this helps.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #6,525 of 24,683
Hey Bobtrinity, can we get a description of what the drivers in the PM6 will be doing. The site says what the two dual BA drivers are for but what will the push/pull DD be for? The website only seems to give info on the two dual BAs.

If I recall correctly from a post in the thread, all the drivers are used for all the frequencies and not specific drivers for specific frequencies, if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back