TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 30, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #4,516 of 24,683
Doubt it can be worn down now. Over ear is the only way to go anyway.

Just swap the cables and wear the right driver on the left and the left on the right. This design is just plain better. If it fits more flush and inside the ear it will be better for iso, for over ear, for straight down, for wearing with hoodies, and for wind noise etc. In fact you'll probably be able to wear them "backwards" w/o even swapping sides but they will stick out a bit in the rear.

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #4,517 of 24,683
Just spotted the shell redesign to the oval shape, so hopped on the PM4 preorder train as well. I'm thinking Bluetooth / gym use, worth the added benefits of a 4 driver sound.

Still sorting out my review on the Sabre, but if the sound quality of the PM4 improves on that, it will be an absolute beast for its price bracket.

All I need to do now is crack and order the PM6 and I'll have the whole Phantom set heading my way. Whoever said Headfi was bad for the wallet was spot on...

I'm not so sure....."devastating" might have been a better choice of words. "Bad" doesn't quite seem to cover it
tongue.gif

Just swap the cables and wear the right driver on the left and the left on the right. This design is just plain better. If it fits more flush and inside the ear it will be better for iso, for over ear, for straight down, for wearing with hoodies, and for wind noise etc. In fact you'll probably be able to wear them "backwards" w/o even swapping sides but they will stick out a bit in the rear.

I don't think the oval shape works very well for swapping cable sides. It's the ergonomics of how the cable will stick out and it'll squish the bottom of the concha just above the lobes making it uncomfortable. Round would have worked better for cable-up and cable-down wear, but not oval in my opinion.

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #4,518 of 24,683
Actually I was expecting the same design of the sabre for the Pm4. Somehow i feel that the oval shape will be worse for my ears. Still have some time to think about it though

I'm not so sure....."devastating" might have been a better choice of words. "Bad" doesn't quite seem to cover it :p

I don't think the oval shape works very well for swapping cable sides. It's the ergonomics of how the cable will stick out and it'll squish the bottom of the concha just above the lobes making it uncomfortable. Round would have worked better for cable-up and cable-down wear, but not oval in my opinion.

Jul 30, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #4,519 of 24,683
Bob are there male connectors to sodder silver cables, occ etc? I've got occ cables connected to my flare iems and it does sound better. might even splice half silver half occ cable. the sections of material actually introduce their own sound. still nothing beats audeze lcd 2 and fiio x7 dap lol
occ cable tends to muffle out vocal region though

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #4,521 of 24,683
Actually I was expecting the same design of the sabre for the Pm4. Somehow i feel that the oval shape will be worse for my ears. Still have some time to think about it though

The PM4's design was originally going to be similar to the Sabre's, but recently Bob has chosen to go with a shape more resembling ones we've seen from Shure and the recent NuForce IEMs.

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #4,522 of 24,683
Bob are there male connectors to sodder silver cables, occ etc? I've got occ cables connected to my flare iems and it does sound better. might even splice half silver half occ cable. the sections of material actually introduce their own sound. still nothing beats audeze lcd 2 and fiio x7 dap lol
occ cable tends to muffle out vocal region though

Any blinded comparisons, volume matching? I can't always pull off the blinding, but volume matching can be done.

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #4,523 of 24,683

Attempting this with my HEM 2 - as people say, new M4 design is reminiscent of the Nuforce style - I will confirm what Midgetguy says; as the connection is futher back from the nozzle, swapping cables and wearing them upside-down the connector and cable interfere with the anti-tragus. So either way, you're wearing them tilted up. Sabre can be worn down nicely with swapping because having the connector closer aligned with the nozzle, the connector and cable do fit between the tragus and anti-tragus.

Wearing titled up is feasible for the HEM2, but it is very small and light and I would be stunned if the M4 is directly comparable. I have my doubts it would stay in this position but it remains to be seen and depends on tips and fit of course. 

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #4,525 of 24,683
  Does anyone know if the bluetooth lanyard has a mic? It's been mentioned that the Air will have one.. And the description mentions that you'll be able to "take calls" with the lanyard.

Apparently so
wink.gif

From the kickstarter page:
  Features of the lanyard include:

1. Multifunction remote 
  2. Microphone for calls on the go
  3. Battery indicator display on your phone or tablet

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #4,526 of 24,683
there are so many iems out there by trinity
vyrus, Hyperion, techni, delta, apparently dey run out of words and replaced some with numbers master 4, master 6, hunter, sabre, atlas, and now atlas sport sweat resistant with shorter shoulder dap cable and Bluetooth lanyard and lots of tips and accessories. we want moar jj

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #4,527 of 24,683
there are so many iems out there by trinity
vyrus, Hyperion, techni, delta, apparently dey run out of words and replaced some with numbers master 4, master 6, hunter, sabre, atlas, and now atlas sport sweat resistant with shorter shoulder dap cable and Bluetooth lanyard and lots of tips and accessories. we want moar jj

old line up hyperion techne delta atlas
now vyrus(replace hyperion) delta v2 sabre pm4 pm6 hunter

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #4,528 of 24,683
atlas shport with nanocoating to repell sweat

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #4,529 of 24,683

Attempting this with my HEM 2 - as people say, new M4 design is reminiscent of the Nuforce style - I will confirm what Midgetguy says; as the connection is futher back from the nozzle, swapping cables and wearing them upside-down the connector and cable interfere with the anti-tragus. So either way, you're wearing them tilted up. Sabre can be worn down nicely with swapping because having the connector closer aligned with the nozzle, the connector and cable do fit between the tragus and anti-tragus.

Wearing titled up is feasible for the HEM2, but it is very small and light and I would be stunned if the M4 is directly comparable. I have my doubts it would stay in this position but it remains to be seen and depends on tips and fit of course. 

Ears certainly differ but I think they will work for most people one way or the other. I hope to just flip and not swap sides. Obviously the difference will be the longer nozzles. Always found the issue is the fit when flipping or swapping is a shallow fit. Still a rendering so we need to see the real thing. Still quite sure they will nestle in there pretty nice either swapped or just flipped down backward with longer nozzles. We'll know better hopefully by the end of August.

Quote:
atlas shport with nanocoating to repell sweat

Yep, what about it? 
smile_phones.gif
  That is now an older model now(you could say the last released one). Bob, IIRC, said there will be a newer version with two pin and other changes. Atlas was/is the sport IEM from Trinity and always had the coating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back