TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 30, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #4,503 of 24,683
Putting iems in and pulling them out is much faster when they can be worn down. 
At work that's so much more convenient and social when you are in a dynamic working space.
So over ears are not always the way to go for me :wink:

Maybe some earbuds? :p

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #4,504 of 24,683
  This is highly open for criticism for it is my subjective opinion...

Regarding the m4:  Basic, but i like it and can't say anything else regarding aesthetics.  I like the outer edging which will make it easier to grip the monitors to connect the cable to it.  The cables fit really tight.

But I prefer it tight
wink.gif

Regarding the m6:  I do like the shape.  Much better than the protruding pucks of the initial design, which didn't have the class of looks to match the company's higher class sound.  I like the screws on the outside and wouldn't mind seeing them larger or more prominent.  It's a defining aspect of the aesthetics that can really give the IEM's some character.  I like things bold, though.  But the outside surface looks a little flat, as if there was something missing to sculpt the final personality into the IEM's design.  

I was in the apple store and the black RHA t20's caught my eye hanging against the wall.  I found myself looking for Trinity audio, but they're not there...  yet
wink.gif

I'm totally with you about the screws on the PM6. If they're Torx screws like they were in the CAD rendering, a little bigger wouldn't be an aesthetic problem to me. Worked out really well for Campfire Audio, just look at their industrial design lineup; wouldn't look nearly as good without those Torx screws on them. And I believe what you're thinking is missing from that face is Trinity Audio and the logo stamped/etched on there
biggrin.gif

that is true :)
you don't simply go to an apple store for audiophile products
tongue.gif

You can go into an Apple store for audiophile products! They'll carry one or two good audio products out of the 80 they have in the store and they'll charge you twice as much as anywhere else just for being in an Apple store
wink.gif
. I tried a set of B&W P5s in there once; not my thing and they cost way more there than say Amazon for example.

Jul 30, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #4,505 of 24,683
I was in the apple store and the black RHA t20's caught my eye hanging against the wall.  I found myself looking for Trinity audio, but they're not there...  yet:wink:

I think Bob had said before on one of the other Trinity threads that selling via the Apple store is unlikely. The product markup Apple take and price to have the Mfi licence for each item would pretty much double the price to the consumer for the same profit (or less) for Trinity. As they are pretty much all about getting the most bang for your buck with all their gear, it would surprise me if they went down that route at this point in the companys growth.

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #4,506 of 24,683
that is true :)
you don't simply go to an apple store for audiophile products
tongue.gif

picked up my macbook air for school.  I tell ya, the presentation of those RHA black t20s was looking good.  That considerations long gone now  with the vvyrus arriving soon and the m4 coming later.

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #4,507 of 24,683
  I'm totally with you about the screws on the PM6. If they're Torx screws like they were in the CAD rendering, a little bigger wouldn't be an aesthetic problem to me. Worked out really well for Campfire Audio, just look at their industrial design lineup; wouldn't look nearly as good without those Torx screws on them. And I believe what you're thinking is missing from that face is Trinity Audio and the logo stamped/etched on there
biggrin.gif

Definitely a logo is needed there , but i was thinking raising some of it like a campfire design does well or smooth it out like RHA does really well on those t20's.  Some design that doesn't leave the side completely flat.  I look at that flat side as a palette for a wonderful opportunity to give the M6's a creative enhancement to its outward appearance.  So many positive responses came out on the computer generated redesign of the M6.  Just goes to show how important aesthetics are.

You can go into an Apple store for audiophile products! They'll carry one or two good audio products out of the 80 they have in the store and they'll charge you twice as much as anywhere else just for being in an Apple store
wink.gif
. I tried a set of B&W P5s in there once; not my thing and they cost way more there than say Amazon for example.

Amazon is my preference too, but there were there with a couple other nice IEM's.

Jul 30, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #4,508 of 24,683
just deciding do I need a Bluetooth lanyard for mp4, those who preordered bluetooth lanyard what was your reasoning? it may or may not be better than iPhone or zuperdac currently in use

Jul 30, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #4,509 of 24,683
just deciding do I need a Bluetooth lanyard for mp4, those who preordered bluetooth lanyard what was your reasoning? it may or may not be better than iPhone or zuperdac currently in use

I was thinking that if the PM4 is not up there among my favorite IEM's it will certainly make a great pair of Bluetooth IEM's.

Don't really understand what you mean with the IPhone and Superdac.....

Jul 30, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #4,510 of 24,683
I was thinking that if the PM4 is not up there among my favorite IEM's it will certainly make a great pair of Bluetooth IEM's.

Don't really understand what you mean with the IPhone and Superdac.....

Just spotted the shell redesign to the oval shape, so hopped on the PM4 preorder train as well. I'm thinking Bluetooth / gym use, worth the added benefits of a 4 driver sound.

Still sorting out my review on the Sabre, but if the sound quality of the PM4 improves on that, it will be an absolute beast for its price bracket.

All I need to do now is crack and order the PM6 and I'll have the whole Phantom set heading my way. Whoever said Headfi was bad for the wallet was spot on...

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #4,515 of 24,683
ye I understand that, what I mean is the bore size. My vibro labs Aria have a very wide bore, I can just about squeeze INAIR2 on them, do spinfit tips do sizes that would also fit my Aria? Cheers

I'd say the spinfits would squeeze on to a 7mm bore. They get on the Delta nozzle easily enough and thats roughly 5.5mm. Kombis, obviously don't know yet but I'd guess if they're similar in design to Sony tips then probably less, 6mm or so. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back