TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 8, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #13,847 of 24,683
I've never had an issue with harsh sound on the pm4, maybe im naively deaf lol. I have the mojo in the house will be able to do a direct comparison with same filters and tips. I deffinetley think the value is awesome for these!

As @slitzx said it may have been a quality control issue with the PM4s on my end too. I'm not sensitive to sibilance generally but they were unbearable, still early days with the Masters but they're improved in every regard.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #13,848 of 24,683
Can anyone help elaborate, or possibly point me somewhere to better understand the differences between the

- Master 4 (which I have but don't work anymore)
- Master (I have ordered)
- Atlas Delta (I have ordered)
- Icarus III (I am contemplating)

And please, no jokes about timing or waiting, I'm already aware of the situation. My interest is in understanding better the differences and/or similarities between the above as it relates to actual use, i.e. sound, engineering, aesthetics, etc...

Thanks!

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #13,850 of 24,683
Can honestly say that my pm4's have sounded awesome from day1. With gold filters and kombi tips being fed through my cayin c5 with bass boost on, the bass is a great full juicy kind of bass. Fifth harmony work from home really sounds great with that bass. Shame I can't use aftermarket cable with the masters but it's ok because they genuinely sound great

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #13,851 of 24,683

On my PM4's I found that the Monster Gel Supertip works best for me. Great seal and sound. You can order the SAMPLER STARTER KIT to figure out what size is for you and what type, gel or foam, is best.

Thanks for the rec. How would you characterize the sound changes these provide?

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #13,852 of 24,683

On my PM4's I found that the Monster Gel Supertip works best for me. Great seal and sound. You can order the SAMPLER STARTER KIT to figure out what size is for you and what type, gel or foam, is best.

Thanks for the rec. How would you characterize the sound changes these provide?

The keep every frequency from top to bottom very smooth, and they add a bit of sub bass to boot.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #13,853 of 24,683
Can honestly say that my pm4's have sounded awesome from day1. With gold filters and kombi tips being fed through my cayin c5 with bass boost on, the bass is a great full juicy kind of bass. Fifth harmony work from home really sounds great with that bass. Shame I can't use aftermarket cable with the masters but it's ok because they genuinely sound great

You actually got gold filters with your PM4's? Lucky!!! I only got 1 in my box which kinda puts a damper on the whole "stereo" thing...

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #13,854 of 24,683
Auditioned the Icarus iii at Canjam LA. Short impression here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/840392/trinity-phantom-sagaris-series-newer-thread-just-impressions-etc-do-not-post-about-order-status-complaining-etc/375#post_13410228

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #13,855 of 24,683
Auditioned the Icarus iii at Canjam LA. Short impression here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/840392/trinity-phantom-sagaris-series-newer-thread-just-impressions-etc-do-not-post-about-order-status-complaining-etc/375#post_13410228

Thanks for your impressions! Though I'm likely going to use my coupon code on the Icarus IV I'm very excited for the line now. If you were able to demo the Masters as well can you tell us your preference and why?

Cheers

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #13,856 of 24,683
Thanks for your impressions! Though I'm likely going to use my coupon code on the Icarus IV I'm very excited for the line now. If you were able to demo the Masters as well can you tell us your preference and why?

Cheers

I didn't try the masters, probably should have. I hope someone else pitches in. I was more interested in the difference with PM6 which I have ordered. Bob told me that while the PM6 is more about details and is analytical, Icarus is more about music and relaxation, and I can see why. I am not sure if that comparison extends to the master as well.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #13,859 of 24,683
Absolutely loving the Masters with the Fiio X7 after a few days of use they have smoothed out a lot
If anyone knows where I can get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm balanced cable I am dying to try these out
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #13,860 of 24,683
Absolutely loving the Masters with the Fiio X7 after a few days of use they have smoothed out a lot
If anyone knows where I can get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm balanced cable I am dying to try these out :D

I too am using fiio x7/ am3 ..bob from trinity posted that all those that have recieved masters would get a balanced csble sent to them as they were advertised with one.
I have had mine a couple of days but not been able to use for just over a day because of blocked ear :nauseated_face:so left running in....interesting you say they smoothed out a bit cant wait for my ear to settle down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back