TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Feb 15, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #10,636 of 24,683

But it's ironic because the high level of faith on this thread validates these claims.  If you go to a thread of a product that is complete and perfected and there is no talk of faith, cuz it's at that point.  And yes the products may have not been released but the previous ones since the delta's were no home runs and definitely not near any sense of perfection IMO and others.

I hope trinity gets there...  you know, it would be nice as a consumer to have high quality affordable products that provide a higher sound,  but so far, to live up to their standards that is their slogan has been seemingly out of reach so far.

I'd be careful to give them the benefit of the doubt and such faith until they prove themselves to have IEM's that you can say are "perfected" or at least "complete".  

It's fun to jump in on the preorders and the Delta VII did have the prestige to provide confidence before, but I can't say the same for now.

It would be nice to see some more integrity in the company's word.

is this right?  this doesn't seem right...
details : this is the third time this has happened in the last 2 weeks, always while removing them from my ear holes.  when i remove them i always grab them by the outer edge of the shells.  
obviously the glue holding them together lost it's glueiness.  i can press them back together but they will continue to separate.  
@Bobtrinity - purchased in april of 2016 - i assume this is a contact jake issue?  thanks.

They still haven't fixed my friend's Atlas'. I feel bad, as I recommended he get them. He's been in communication with them a couple of times -- and then silence occurs. He even came with me to CanJam to talk to them about it -- and they didn't show up (despite being on the list.) In addition to this, I'm getting lost in the lineup. I've been searching for a mid-tier performer to use when I don't want to take my customs out, and I don't know what to get anymore. A new model is announced every other day (in fact, I just got the email today about the Sagaris III, which seems incredibly similar to the master I have on order... which should I be getting?)

I'm getting burned out...

I canceled my expensive pre-orders, but am still going to give them one last shot with the "master" model about to ship. I've got one on order.If QC seems to be an issue, or performance doesn't live up to expectations, I'll be done. Too many great options on the market to be wrapped up in this.

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #10,637 of 24,683
Difference (based one descriptions) is that the Icarus III is 3 drivers and the Master is 4 drivers. Beyond that, no one except for Bob can tell you.

The dynamic driver is 11mm vs the 7mm used previously.

Thanks. I'm new to Trinity products, do they have the same base sound signature and you tune that with the filters? If so what is the base sound sig?

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #10,638 of 24,683
The dynamic driver is 11mm vs the 7mm used previously.

They were asking about the Master, not the Master 4. To my knowledge, the Master was always slated to use the new dual coil driver; the Master 4 used the old titanium drivers and that IEM's out of production already now anyway. Hence, the difference between the Master and the Icarus III is an extra driver in the Master...as far as we know for now given the details we have.

Honestly, the naming scheme has become confusing as hell.

Thanks. I'm new to Trinity products, do they have the same base sound signature and you tune that with the filters? If so what is the base sound sig?

No one can answer those questions for you other than @Bobtrinity. We can tell you what's in the product description and that's literally it. So yes, there will be tuning filters on the Icarus III. No, we know nothing about the sound.

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #10,640 of 24,683
Im on my way to work listening to james bay album on the ibasso dx200 with gun metal filters.

For some reason, I may prefer the gun metal filter with dx200, why? I dont know...

What is your experience with gun metal filters on pm4 compared to undampened gold/silver people?

Quite surprised as I rarely switch my silver filters

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #10,642 of 24,683
Funny enough meringo, its down to you I found Trinity when we were talking about Vibro labs last year... a PM4 and Master later here I am bro lol

lol yup. The Atlas was the real deal. I hope this new "Master" is a nice follow-up.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #10,644 of 24,683
Someone mentioned they didn't like up top in mp4, so I removed all bas and put flare driver and now it's even better. Best bass, mids, just need high ba, fidue a73 is nice but sibilant.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #10,645 of 24,683
Just got the email from trinity.
:frowning2:
sad news. PM6 is still a few days away from being finished due to screw issues. Then it will take 3-5 days to get to Trinity to then ship.
So looking at 2 more weeks until we see it.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #10,646 of 24,683

They still haven't fixed my friend's Atlas'. I feel bad, as I recommended he get them. He's been in communication with them a couple of times -- and then silence occurs. He even came with me to CanJam to talk to them about it -- and they didn't show up (despite being on the list.) In addition to this, I'm getting lost in the lineup. I've been searching for a mid-tier performer to use when I don't want to take my customs out, and I don't know what to get anymore. A new model is announced every other day (in fact, I just got the email today about the Sagaris III, which seems incredibly similar to the master I have on order... which should I be getting?)

I'm getting burned out...

I canceled my expensive pre-orders, but am still going to give them one last shot with the "master" model about to ship. I've got one on order.If QC seems to be an issue, or performance doesn't live up to expectations, I'll be done. Too many great options on the market to be wrapped up in this.

i haven't been vocal about it but i feel you.  i honestly really enjoy my trinity products but i agree - things are confusing.  not just in the lineup but in how they're introducing product after product.  i was looking at the lineup again the other day and noticed a gap in the trinity lineup between the ~$200 master and the ~$400 master 6.  where's the $300 product that seems to be a lot of people's price ceiling?  is that where the sagaris/icarus IV fits in?  from what i've read the sagaris/icarus line is a totally different sounding product to the other 2 trinity lines.  they've got 4 products not even out the door yet and already i'm reading about 4 more products on the way.  i'd decided long ago (after the atlas BT lanyard took a year to get delivered and watching the continued unknowns with subsequent product) that i was done with pre-orders but i am still interested in what trinity produces.  i want them to succeed and be around to add another alternative in this market but i don't know that they know exactly where they want to fit in or play in this game.  even the sagaris/icarus advertising with the hipster/rocker models is confusing to me, but hey we got a behind the scenes video about it...  what demographic are they going after?

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #10,648 of 24,683
  i haven't been vocal about it but i feel you.  i honestly really enjoy my trinity products but i agree - things are confusing.  not just in the lineup but in how they're introducing product after product.  i was looking at the lineup again the other day and noticed a gap in the trinity lineup between the ~$200 master and the ~$400 master 6.  where's the $300 product that seems to be a lot of people's price ceiling?  is that where the sagaris/icarus IV fits in?  from what i've read the sagaris/icarus line is a totally different sounding product to the other 2 trinity lines.  they've got 4 products not even out the door yet and already i'm reading about 4 more products on the way.  i'd decided long ago (after the atlas BT lanyard took a year to get delivered and watching the continued unknowns with subsequent product) that i was done with pre-orders but i am still interested in what trinity produces.  i want them to succeed and be around to add another alternative in this market but i don't know that they know exactly where they want to fit in or play in this game.  even the sagaris/icarus advertising with the hipster/rocker models is confusing to me, but hey we got a behind the scenes video about it...  what demographic are they going after?

You hit the nail on the head. It's difficult to be a customer -- Not because I don't like the product, but because of lineup confusion and a what seems to be a strained support system.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #10,650 of 24,683

We do very much understand how you feel. Things have been all over the place.

We have been very lucky to have been so well received from the beginning but that led us down a path I am not too happy about, we did something I said we should not do and that was try to include everyones preferences and options and we ended up without a clear path.

Over the next 2-4 months the site will only have our core line up of products on that will be our staple for the next 2-3 years. We cannot and will not continue to change things anymore, its too much work, stress and ultimately leaves people like yourselves shaking your head, no matter how much you want to support us.

We taken a huge amount of flack recently (some deserved, some not) but everything that has been constructive and insightful has been taken onboard.

So our shell designs are now fixed as is our cable system, these things won't be changing, they work, they are tough and we will put our money were our mouth is with longer warranty.

We have had to take a back seat from head-fi for these past few weeks until everything was done and sorted for fear of adding any unnecessary fuel to the fire.

we have review units going out of new models and you will get feedback from head-fi members.

As for our target, well just those that like their music to sound good. The new website images in our opinion just add a little extra something to our site which looked a little boring, of course not everyone will feel the same way.

Anyway, we are back and will field any questions as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back