TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Feb 15, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #10,621 of 24,683
is this right?  this doesn't seem right...
details : this is the third time this has happened in the last 2 weeks, always while removing them from my ear holes.  when i remove them i always grab them by the outer edge of the shells.  
obviously the glue holding them together lost it's glueiness.  i can press them back together but they will continue to separate.  
@Bobtrinity
 - purchased in april of 2016 - i assume this is a contact jake issue?  thanks.

Yes contact jake please. We either reglue or replace.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #10,622 of 24,683
But it's ironic because the high level of faith on this thread validates these claims.  If you go to a thread of a product that is complete and perfected and there is no talk of faith, cuz it's at that point.  And yes the products may have not been released but the previous ones since the delta's were no home runs and definitely not near any sense of perfection IMO and others.

I hope trinity gets there...  you know, it would be nice as a consumer to have high quality affordable products that provide a higher sound,  but so far, to live up to their standards that is their slogan has been seemingly out of reach so far.

I'd be careful to give them the benefit of the doubt and such faith until they prove themselves to have IEM's that you can say are "perfected" or at least "complete".  

It's fun to jump in on the preorders and the Delta VII did have the prestige to provide confidence before, but I can't say the same for now.

It would be nice to see some more integrity in the company's word.

In many ways you are right but times change and so have our products. New stuff is nothing like before and all issues have been addressed in detail.

We literally went back to the drawing board and almost started from scratch.

Don't take our word for it of course, these coming days and weeks as people get there gear will answer many questions over what things will really be like and I for once am more relaxed and at ease than I have been for the past year in regards to the quality of the product line up now.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #10,624 of 24,683
Obviously, I can only give my opinion of my experience with Trinity, which ended up being a great sounding earphone at sub £100 that I have thoroughly enjoyed pretty much everyday since I have had them.

It is a real shame that things haven't gone as smooth for a few of you though.

As for the critics of the pm4 sound... I would love to hear a side by side comparison of what other people are comparing them too. I really enjoy the sound of the pm4 with gold/silver undampened. I know the LZ A4 is such an IEM that a few of the pm4 critics enjoy, would be cool to get a listen to them sometime.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #10,625 of 24,683
As for the critics of the pm4 sound... I would love to hear a side by side comparison of what other people are comparing them too. I really enjoy the sound of the pm4 with gold/silver undampened. I know the LZ A4 is such an IEM that a few of the pm4 critics enjoy, would be cool to get a listen to them sometime.

Personally I was directly comparing them to the LZ A4 and the Ibasso IT03. Biggest "issue" I had with the sound of the PM4 was that the upper mids and trebles were just too forward and harsh. It made it a sound signature that I didnt particularly like, and one that I couldnt tame with the filters. Since they were so forward, it kind of killed the soundstage for me and felt very very inside my head. But it was the harshness/resonance/whatever it was that made them almost unlistenable on certain tracks. Certain tracks would just almost sound like the upper mids and treble were so prominent that they started to sound a bit distorted. That was the big thing for me, is that those upper frequencies just didnt sound right on a decent number of tracks.

As a quick comparison. The IT03 for me was nice and crisp in the upper frequencies, but was never harsh. And overall had a nicely balanced sound with great subbass extension. The A4 was a lot smoother up top, though potentially a bit too smooth for me. But it has tuning filters too and is even more tuneable than the PM4. I thought the bass on the PM4 was rather nice. Hit hard and was nicely textured. But just let down by the upper frequencies that I just couldnt tame properly with the filter. If those dont bother you, then more power to you, just keep on enjoying them but its the upper frequencies where I think the differences are most apparent between the PM4 and A4.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #10,628 of 24,683
Personally I was directly comparing them to the LZ A4 and the Ibasso IT03. Biggest "issue" I had with the sound of the PM4 was that the upper mids and trebles were just too forward and harsh. It made it a sound signature that I didnt particularly like, and one that I couldnt tame with the filters. Since they were so forward, it kind of killed the soundstage for me and felt very very inside my head. But it was the harshness/resonance/whatever it was that made them almost unlistenable on certain tracks. Certain tracks would just almost sound like the upper mids and treble were so prominent that they started to sound a bit distorted. That was the big thing for me, is that those upper frequencies just didnt sound right on a decent number of tracks.

As a quick comparison. The IT03 for me was nice and crisp in the upper frequencies, but was never harsh. And overall had a nicely balanced sound with great subbass extension. The A4 was a lot smoother up top, though potentially a bit too smooth for me. But it has tuning filters too and is even more tuneable than the PM4. I thought the bass on the PM4 was rather nice. Hit hard and was nicely textured. But just let down by the upper frequencies that I just couldnt tame properly with the filter. If those dont bother you, then more power to you, just keep on enjoying them but its the upper frequencies where I think the differences are most apparent between the PM4 and A4.
Thanks for the detailed feedback bro. I got the master coming soon so will be interesting comparing them. Also being lianed the Andromeda soon which will be awesome to have a listen of!

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #10,630 of 24,683
Thanks for the detailed feedback bro. I got the master coming soon so will be interesting comparing them. Also being lianed the Andromeda soon which will be awesome to have a listen of!

Yea I have the master and pm6 on order too, though I did recently get the campfire vega and I absolutely love it.

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #10,634 of 24,683
In many ways you are right but times change and so have our products. New stuff is nothing like before and all issues have been addressed in detail.

We literally went back to the drawing board and almost started from scratch.

Don't take our word for it of course, these coming days and weeks as people get there gear will answer many questions over what things will really be like and I for once am more relaxed and at ease than I have been for the past year in regards to the quality of the product line up now.

You can truly do something here at this juncture.

There was a spot missing at Canjam NYC...  No, you weren't there, but that's not the point...  It was that same spot that the Delta vII created...  that same spot that was missing....

I wouldn't say demographic...  but position among the price and performance.  Not status or anything.

If you brought only the phantom lineup that has been released to canjam, the spot wouldn't have been filled.  Too closed off a demographic with those IMO and with regards to this "spot" I"m referring to.  A gap.

Delta vII definitely could reserve the spot for some time, but more/higher quality sound would have to be built on it to maintain that spot and get something established.

It was just flat out missing at Canjam.  Campfire Audio is stealing the show at the higher price ranges especially with the more agreeable signatures, and there's plenty above those price ranges, but at the price range below those...  There's a big gap in something quality.  LZ A4 definitely hit on that gap, but doesn't offer characteristics that made the delta vII so good, which were kind of overdone on the sabre and pm4...  I haven't tried the Ibasso It03, but it's a little limited comparatively.

You got echobox kind of touching on it, but lacking a refinement.

I mean there's plenty of 100$ IEM's that do a good job, but don't quite get a strong footing into that spot/gap.

There's great 300$ Dynamic Drivers wonderfully balanced, but they can't pull off what a dynamic driver needs to pull off to achieve something with solid detail, and you have to spend Campfire Audio money to do that, which is fine if you can afford it.  

But besides that, there was a gap.  I think the delta VII definitely made noise in being competent to fill that gap, but it couldn't establish it.  It's there for the taking practically, especially with the balancing you had with the detla vII, which had excellent detail without overdriving it...  It boggles my mind why you went so V-shaped rather than in the more balanced/natural direction, but that's neither here not there.  

From what I hear about the Master, it's like...  "Oh, it's about time you are kind of moving back to a more agreeable sound that can fill that spot/gap."

It's like there's nothing really there in that gap right now, and to make IEM's that are so V-shaped/alternative to nothing there, it's like missin' it....  It's like you have it available, and you're spiraling around the target, but not hittin' it, and quite honestly i think you were closer with the D-VII than anything else released.  I mean, yah the neutral, gunmetal sound signature was a little dry, the silver's were a little too bassy (remedied by the balance, not detail, of the pm4's bass), but at least the gold filters were really hitting the target, but a lot of that was the driver implementation and how the detail was delivered that wasn't maintained with the pm4 or sabre IMO.  I'm not saying subsequent IEM's require identical or even similar implementation or tuning, but there was a almost deviation from the balance of not only sound, but detail delivery that could fill that gap.

With trinity it's like watching the components, all present,  that are necessary to fill this gap glean their way to integrate into sound signatures once all the other aspects are pruned out of the way, but it's like you already know, but you have to find your way to you're own knowledge, like it needs to be chiseled out of the marble.  You already know, but something's deviating it.

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #10,635 of 24,683
What I think would be cool is for Bob to give the sony EX800ST with tape mod and EQ then give a Trinity house sound tweak on it and get even more BASS out of a driver. The sony has a 16mm driver. I think it would be a successful product getting the title of basshead king for genres such as R&B rap hip hop etc. A totally unique stand alone IEM that has one job which is to go HAM, especially with gym goers and younger generation into rap etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back