TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Feb 15, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #10,607 of 24,683
How do sabre and pm4 differ in sound?

Not listened much to either recently, but from memory, Sabre is more vivid sounding, a little more forward in the mids with a smaller soundstage and a smoother overall "tone". Still good details though.

It also misses the high-mid/low treble spike that some people struggle with on the PM4 (but that is a personal preference / perception thing).

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #10,611 of 24,683
   According to the site Atlas Delta have to be shipped today. Anyone got notification or something about it?

I haven't got anything yet. They have updated the website though : PREPARING FOR DESPATCH - NEW IMAGES TO BE UPLOADED WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #10,612 of 24,683
I must have a LOT of faith! 

I backed the Air on Kickstarter, I pre-ordered the Hunter because of the discounts/sale prices etc., and I even pre-ordered the Master due to the great price! 

I can only hope its all good. I kept looking at Noble IEMs and the better ones were just so pricey and I am hoping that Trinity comes through with the sound and quality. I do realize they are different companies etc. etc. I like Trinity's philosophy and I am hoping in the end it all works out as I have placed a lot of faith in them.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #10,615 of 24,683
Thats awesome! I think sometimes people overlook exactly what they buy into when they buy Trinity products. Its an experience, a sense off knowing your safe and looked after when things go wrong which they sometimes do. This company is awesone, just reading the icarus IEM, feeling its going to be too tempting....

Well, the experience I bought I'd very much like to be without. Still waiting for a a fully working set of filters and the supposed to be included Spin Fit tips to have a complete package for my PM4's about 3 months after my original (broken) pair first arrived....

Unfortunately I feel anything but safe and looked after, this has easily been my worse purchase experience ever so a BIG YMMW may be in place I believe.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #10,616 of 24,683
Well, the experience I bought I'd very much like to be without. Still waiting for a a fully working set of filters and the supposed to be included Spin Fit tips to have a complete package for my PM4's about 3 months after my original (broken) pair first arrived....

Unfortunately I feel anything but safe and looked after, this has easily been my worse purchase experience ever so a BIG YMMW may be in place I believe.
fair enough bud, I imagine your in a minority. What has Bob said about your issues? Want to borrow my pm4's to test for a bit if your in uk?

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #10,617 of 24,683
fair enough bud, I imagine your in a minority. What has Bob said about your issues? Want to borrow my pm4's to test for a bit if your in uk?

Thanks for the offer, I've got a working pair just no SpinFits or dampened gold filters. Tbh I've got nothing positive to say so I rater say nothing :wink:

Just wanted to say that not everyone is impressed with the way Trinity does their business and I've done it now so I'll crab back under my rock and wait for my (hopefully) last package to arrive eventually.....

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #10,618 of 24,683
Thanks for the offer, I've got a working pair just no SpinFits or dampened gold filters. Tbh I've got nothing positive to say so I rater say nothing
wink.gif

Just wanted to say that not everyone is impressed with the way Trinity does their business and I've done it now so I'll crab back under my rock and wait for my (hopefully) last package to arrive eventually.....

I agree.  I liked the idea of trinity's philosophy.... true audio perfection...  But I haven't seen them live up to it yet and a large part of me is very much worried.

Truth is definitely poorly addressed here on this thread and scoffed at if it doesn't keep a happy go lucky attitude.

And perfection has definitely not been close to achieved.  

It's proved to be a misleading slogan IMO, and after going to canjam and trying out items that are perfected, I would have to say it is an unreached goal rather than an actual standard.

But it's ironic because the high level of faith on this thread validates these claims.  If you go to a thread of a product that is complete and perfected and there is no talk of faith, cuz it's at that point.  And yes the products may have not been released but the previous ones since the delta's were no home runs and definitely not near any sense of perfection IMO and others.

I hope trinity gets there...  you know, it would be nice as a consumer to have high quality affordable products that provide a higher sound,  but so far, to live up to their standards that is their slogan has been seemingly out of reach so far.

I'd be careful to give them the benefit of the doubt and such faith until they prove themselves to have IEM's that you can say are "perfected" or at least "complete".  

It's fun to jump in on the preorders and the Delta VII did have the prestige to provide confidence before, but I can't say the same for now.

It would be nice to see some more integrity in the company's word.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #10,619 of 24,683
  I must have a LOT of faith! 

I backed the Air on Kickstarter, I pre-ordered the Hunter because of the discounts/sale prices etc., and I even pre-ordered the Master due to the great price! 

I can only hope its all good. I kept looking at Noble IEMs and the better ones were just so pricey and I am hoping that Trinity comes through with the sound and quality. I do realize they are different companies etc. etc. I like Trinity's philosophy and I am hoping in the end it all works out as I have placed a lot of faith in them.

I'm in the same boat. Except I've only got a Hunter and Air on order. I grabbed the Noble X from Massdrop and that should ship in a bout a month or so.

Thanks for the offer, I've got a working pair just no SpinFits or dampened gold filters. Tbh I've got nothing positive to say so I rater say nothing
wink.gif

It's been quite an unfortunate experience for you, which totally sucks regardless of what manufacturer we're talking about. 'Tis a shame we can't all be so lucky to have a great experience.

But it's ironic because the high level of faith on this thread validates these claims.  If you go to a thread of a product that is complete and perfected and there is no talk of faith, cuz it's at that point.  And yes the products may have not been released but the previous ones since the delta's were no home runs and definitely not near any sense of perfection IMO and others.

I hope trinity gets there...  you know, it would be nice as a consumer to have high quality affordable products that provide a higher sound,  but so far, to live up to their standards that is their slogan.

I'd be careful to give them the benefit of the doubt and such faith until they prove themselves to have IEM's that you can say are "perfected" or at least "complete".  

It's fun to jump in on the preorders and the Delta VII did have the prestige to provide confidence before, but I can't say the same for now.

It would be nice to see some more integrity in the company's word.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but it can be said to be in the vein of cautious optimism. I think they can be capable (never take slogans involving "perfection" too literally), but like @peter123 said, that outlook can very much be a YMMV type of deal. I've been lucky enough to not have anything go incredibly wrong and not within reason, but a level-headed person must recognize that's not the same experience as many others who haven't had such a good experience. As for the preorder waiting, it's a similar case. I haven't had any bad experience with Trinity so far and when I made my orders, I just shoved it into the back of mind afterwards in an uber-laid-back fashion. I've been getting by just fine with what I already have and haven't really been hotly anticipating anything until very recently simply because the updates indicate that we're nearing the end of the waiting journey.

Not everyone will have the same outlook as I do and while I like the positivity to urge Trinity to succeed, I recognize that not everyone will share my viewpoint and that approaching the situation with a more critical stance is warranted. I'm sure the Trinity team is doing their best, but even when you're doing your best, that doesn't mean there isn't more to be done and more to improve on. Blind faith or hate is foolhardy, but a measure of cautious optimism and critical suggestion is very much beneficial to any company.

PS: if any of what I wrote makes sense, I'll be amazed. I'm almost certain I started rambling about 10 words in
blink.gif

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #10,620 of 24,683
is this right?  this doesn't seem right...
details : this is the third time this has happened in the last 2 weeks, always while removing them from my ear holes.  when i remove them i always grab them by the outer edge of the shells.  
obviously the glue holding them together lost it's glueiness.  i can press them back together but they will continue to separate.  
@Bobtrinity - purchased in april of 2016 - i assume this is a contact jake issue?  thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back