TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Feb 10, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #10,576 of 24,683
My TF10 to MMCX connectors came in along with a bluetooth cable, connected them all up like lego. Doesn't go over the ears 100% but the memory cable seems to be able to deal with it fine. I got impatient waiting for the official bluetooth cable to be released, good news is that I can now put other MMCX cables onto this thing if I wanted to now.

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #10,577 of 24,683
  My TF10 to MMCX connectors came in along with a bluetooth cable, connected them all up like lego. Doesn't go over the ears 100% but the memory cable seems to be able to deal with it fine. I got impatient waiting for the official bluetooth cable to be released, good news is that I can now put other MMCX cables onto this thing if I wanted to now.

If it works, it works right? Good work
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #10,579 of 24,683
I absolutely love the looks of the Sabre, definitely one of the most gorgeous IEM I've ever owned in term of both design, building material and sounds.
Too bad it suffers some funny signal cut off from time to time. Otherwise it would be perfect.

Is it just me or I find it hard to distinguish the changes in sound signature between 5 different filters (red, yellow, gun metal, purple and orange). Because when I switch from red filter to gun metal filter (supposedly the two end of the spectrum kind of thing), the difference is still somewhat subtle or insignificant for me; must be something wrong with my ears lol.

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #10,580 of 24,683

Where you buy those connector ? Can you give link ? TIA

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #10,581 of 24,683
Where you buy those connector ? Can you give link ? TIA

I got it off Yahoo Japan Auctions, I had to use a forwarding service to get it shipped over. The guy I bought it from doesn't seem to be listing it right now, but they show up there from time to time.

EDIT: found this one, http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v486440394 it's not quite as discrete as mine though. I recall Affinity Cable's ebay page might have had some, if not then perhaps drop him a message and check if it's 0.75mm or 0.78mm (you want 0.75mm). If you're good at DIY then you could probably make your own connector but as I have no idea how the UE 2-pin or MMCX connector works, I can't advise you.

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #10,582 of 24,683
  I got it off Yahoo Japan Auctions, I had to use a forwarding service to get it shipped over. The guy I bought it from doesn't seem to be listing it right now, but they show up there from time to time.

EDIT: found this one, http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v486440394 it's not quite as discrete as mine though. I recall Affinity Cable's ebay page might have had some, if not then perhaps drop him a message and check if it's 0.75mm or 0.78mm (you want 0.75mm). If you're good at DIY then you could probably make your own connector but as I have no idea how the UE 2-pin or MMCX connector works, I can't advise you.

Affinity Cables eBay store does have one! Judging by the style, it should be the 0.75mm pins, but if you wanna be sure, you could always send them a message and ask.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shure-Westone-MMCX-to-Ultimate-Ears-QDC-Audio-UM-Martian-CIEM-adapter/182220549254?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3Db5cd261eff264e8d975fdaf85166d4fa%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D182220565074

Feb 12, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #10,583 of 24,683
Let me explain a little about the Atlas Delta.

The V2 Delta has a beautiful sound and as such the Atlas Delta gets exactly the same sound signature and driver set up and filter system as the Delta V2, so those who already own the V2 Delta, don't worry your not losing out on a sound upgrade. 

So now its condensed into one model.

So just to recap, you are getting EXACTLY the same sound as the Delta V2 with the same tuning options, but you do get a better ergonomic fit along with the splash proof and a better cable set up.

Any questions folks, just ask.

With the new dual coil driver, will it still sound exactly the same as the delta v-ii?

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #10,584 of 24,683
I absolutely love the looks of the Sabre, definitely one of the most gorgeous IEM I've ever owned in term of both design, building material and sounds.
Too bad it suffers some funny signal cut off from time to time. Otherwise it would be perfect.

Is it just me or I find it hard to distinguish the changes in sound signature between 5 different filters (red, yellow, gun metal, purple and orange). Because when I switch from red filter to gun metal filter (supposedly the two end of the spectrum kind of thing), the difference is still somewhat subtle or insignificant for me; must be something wrong with my ears lol.

How far are you pushing the tips down on to the filter barrels? There are tiny holes at the base of the filters which affect the bass response - if the tip is pulled down over the hole then the sound may be more similar so worth checking?

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #10,585 of 24,683
Did something that wasn't so smart today, I received the combi tips and somehow broke them while putting them on. The good news is that I flipped it inside out and pulled out the foam and stuck it into some random Sony Hybrids I had about, I discovered the combi tips that I bought are also the new ones where they're glued in! Taking them out of the glue wasn't too hard though.

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #10,587 of 24,683
Is there any reason to change the kombi tips? Ive been using the same ones for around 2months now, do they need changing etc for fresh ones every few months?

The foam is starting to 'leak' out of mine now and the seal seems not as good as before.. and I believe I started using mine around the same time as you.
So I guess the answer might be yes? Or maybe I could just push/glue the foam back in?

I originally started using my PM4 with memory foam tips, but found them a bit painful (small too small, medium seemed to put slightly excessive force on the sides of my ear canals, which became uncomfortable after more than 30-60mins of use).
But now my Kombi tips are getting a bit poor with regards to the seal.
I tried a pair of Hyperions with the enclosed memory foam tips and loved them for the limited time I got to listen to them.
I haven't tried them with Kombi tips, but it is actually making me consider to give the PM4 a renewed try with the memory foam ones, just to see if I'm missing out on anything..
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #10,588 of 24,683
Is there any reason to change the kombi tips? Ive been using the same ones for around 2months now, do they need changing etc for fresh ones every few months?

I don't think so. It's basically the point of tips that are the Kombi style. Silicone tips are basically good for as long as the silicone is good, foam tips are great for isolation, but they break down much faster with all the times you put it in and pull it out of your ears. Kombi tips and other like it have foam inside the middle of silicone tips to give durability of silicone with isolation of foam. Unless they're starting to come out of the tips (like @Layman1's), I don't see a reason to replace them.

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #10,589 of 24,683
Do Trinity IEMs offer normal silicon tips, or only spinfit tips. Either way, can anyone compare them to RHA's dual density silicon tips? They are by far the best tips I've used thus far, and I need to know if I have to steal another pair from my brother for my upcoming PM6.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #10,590 of 24,683
Do Trinity IEMs offer normal silicon tips, or only spinfit tips. Either way, can anyone compare them to RHA's dual density silicon tips? They are by far the best tips I've used thus far, and I need to know if I have to steal another pair from my brother for my upcoming PM6.

You get a set of normal silicon tips and a set of spinfits.

Dont know anything about the rha dual density tips though so I cant compare, what do you like about them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back