TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 21, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #5,251 of 24,683
One page before checkout there is a text box called "Special instructions for the seller"... Which kind of desires can be met there?

You need to provide your head-fi membership ID in the text box, if you use the head-fi member discount. That's one use of it.

Aug 21, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #5,252 of 24,683
Hmm. Ordered gunmetal but now thinking it should've been red, or ali, or black, or gunmetal.....
wink.gif

Just get one of each. Problem solved
tongue.gif

Aug 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #5,255 of 24,683
Aug 21, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #5,256 of 24,683

Heat-treated titanium. Nuff said.

i left hunter & sabre to order.
extremely hard decision when Celeste is coming up and I had the PM4/6 incoming already.
frown.gif

An-empty-wallet.jpg

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #5,260 of 24,683
  Well if you have the hunter i think you are in good shape for an endgame...  I've been wondering what that would sound like hooked up to a Martin HVA
rolleyes.gif

Along with this really fortunate opportunity to receive pre order discounts the reliability of the customer service keeps my mind at ease in wanting to buy their products now and in the future.

I just hope they keep coming out with new lines to keep it fresh because It is impossible to find this hi quality sound at this price without a serious trade offs elsewhere.  I'm not a headphone person. I don't like them pressing against my head like they do.

I'm picky with what I like so I may end up preferring the PM6 over the Hunters in the end, I guess it's going to depend on the effect that the DD vs Dual-Coil provide if they're tuned similarly. If I only kept one I'd prefer to sell the Hunters for the cash but knowing my luck I'll either love them more or love them both. We'll see. 

I'm the same way with headphones and I wear glasses which makes it worse. I've actually given up trying new headphones because of it though the Mr Speakers Mad Dogs with the ultra thick pads ended up being super comfy for me and I can easily wear them for hours. Might try the Phoenix though depending on how they look, worst case I can send them back if they hurt my ears. I think the Phantom line will have some longevity to it aside from some tweaks over time but I'm sure Bob still has a million crazy ideas for earphones spinning around in his head. 

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #5,261 of 24,683
  I'm picky with what I like so I may end up preferring the PM6 over the Hunters in the end, I guess it's going to depend on the effect that the DD vs Dual-Coil provide if they're tuned similarly. If I only kept one I'd prefer to sell the Hunters for the cash but knowing my luck I'll either love them more or love them both. We'll see. 

I'm the same way with headphones and I wear glasses which makes it worse. I've actually given up trying new headphones because of it though the Mr Speakers Mad Dogs with the ultra thick pads ended up being super comfy for me and I can easily wear them for hours. Might try the Phoenix though depending on how they look, worst case I can send them back if they hurt my ears. I think the Phantom line will have some longevity to it aside from some tweaks over time but I'm sure Bob still has a million crazy ideas for earphones spinning around in his head. 

I was thinking the phantom series was going to have longevity, too.  Especially when BOB said he was going to get the m6's sound close to the hunters.

I think i am a BA fan since i became a fan of the delta vII's, and the idea of 2 dual BA's is alright by me.  Tho i have never tried anything like the hunter.

Those mad dogs are large that's for sure.  I am curious to see what BOB does with the headphone design, but i will stick with the m6's.  I think those are my endgames.

You'll probably love both the m6 and hunter.

I am wondering what he will come up with next....  Waiting for him to make a BASS IEM
wink.gif
 One that really rumbles the socks off with that BA detail up and down.  I wonder what he could do with an all BA...  or god, who knows.

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #5,262 of 24,683

Even as far as many people go with these things (and I can't talk, as I sit here with a sabre and vyrus on my desk and all of the higher models preordered), that might be a bit far haha

Perhaps I need to add some fine print after that statement
wink.gif

One should only purchase them all if one has the cash to do so. Don't going into debt buying IEMs everyone.

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #5,263 of 24,683
wink.gif

One should only purchase them all if one has the cash to do so. Don't going into debt buying IEMs everyone.

Wait....  so it's not a serious thing everyone is doing?  But I personally prefer red on fridays and black on mondays and I must have something different for wednesday or I won't be able to live with myself.
eek.gif

Needed a clever chuckle.

Aug 22, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #5,264 of 24,683
wink.gif

Wait....  so it's not a serious thing everyone is doing?  But I personally prefer red on fridays and black on mondays and I must have something different for wednesday or I won't be able to live with myself.
eek.gif

Needed a clever chuckle.

Whats actually shocking to me is, given the head-fi tendency towards excess, I havent yet seen anyone doing this with any piece of gear. Surely there must be someone 
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #5,265 of 24,683
  Whats actually shocking to me is, given the head-fi tendency towards excess, I havent yet seen anyone doing this with any piece of gear. Surely there must be someone 
tongue.gif

Perhaps they're just a tiny bit self-conscious of having a different color of the same IEM for nearly every day of the week so they don't post about it?
rolleyes.gif

eek.gif

Needed a clever chuckle.

So do we just put you down for at least 10 sets? 2 different models in 5 colors each so you've got a color for each weekday? More than 10 sets if you decide to buy more than 2 models.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back