TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 5, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #3,721 of 24,683
Anybody else curious as to how the hunter will sound as its the TOTL trinity iem

Of course I'm curious, I bought one!
biggrin.gif

The secret is in the tiny ports.  They are very precisely measured, and each is a little different.  That is what makes the difference to the bass.

You couldn't have just let us continue to believe that it was magic?
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #3,722 of 24,683
I am missing some more forward vocals (with good bass). I use the gold filters now but in terms of sound signature I prefer the ATH IM50 by far. Though the sabres have other advantages I am a little disappointed that I just can't find a filter that really hits a sweet spot. But the accessory is just superb.
How would you describe them in comparison with the im50? You are talking about the Sabre correct?

Jul 5, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #3,723 of 24,683
I was interested in getting the Vyrus with the exchange rate going on now and the store discount, but after having the Sabre for a week I have become interested in the Deltas. I know that the Deltas and the Vyrus are not on the same level, but I am wondering if it would be worth it to purchase them if I already have the Sabres? Do they offer something different?

Jul 5, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #3,724 of 24,683
I was interested in getting the Vyrus with the exchange rate going on now and the store discount, but after having the Sabre for a week I have become interested in the Deltas. I know that the Deltas and the Vyrus are not on the same level, but I am wondering if it would be worth it to purchase them if I already have the Sabres? Do they offer something different?

get 1 to try
wink_face.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #3,725 of 24,683
How would you describe them in comparison with the im50? You are talking about the Sabre correct?

Sorry to jump in, since i have the im50 too i thought it would be helpful a second impression.

Personally i found the im50 more natural, not so harsh on the treble. Although the treble on the sabres is well controlled, the roll off on the im50s is perfect and causes the vocals being the centre of attentions with plenty of bass without any additional treble peaks.
Those who like treble well extended may find the sabres better for this aspect.

Some find the im50 bass intrusive to the mids, and i can't really say it's not.
The bass on the sabres is better behaved. Still, since the peak of the im50 seems to be just on the female vocals region and it sounds not as vivid as the sabres meaning the rest of the frequencies are not aggressive but balanced.
Now, don't expect the amount of detail and resolution the sabres offer in the im50.

Just my two cents
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #3,726 of 24,683

No one could tell it better than @Brooko 

Everything i have to say about it is in this review and he does a comparison.

It is definitely a different flavor.

If it fits you well (i had trouble), it offers a much wider variety of sound.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/trinity-delta-v2-dual-hybrid-iem/reviews/16080

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #3,730 of 24,683
In the website the Bluetooth lanyard has options for all Trinity headphones. Will the 2 pin version fit all of them or will it be different between the deltas and the Sabre/Vyrus?

Well I can tell you the Sabre cable fits the Delta V II but the Delta V II cable doesn't fit the Sabre.  I saw them and placed my order without seeing the options so I need to change my order to the Sabre @Bobtrinity.

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #3,732 of 24,683
  Sorry to jump in, since i have the im50 too i thought it would be helpful a second impression.

Personally i found the im50 more natural, not so harsh on the treble. Although the treble on the sabres is well controlled, the roll off on the im50s is perfect and causes the vocals being the centre of attentions with plenty of bass without any additional treble peaks.
Those who like treble well extended may find the sabres better for this aspect.

Agreed.

Some find the im50 bass intrusive to the mids, and i can't really say it's not.
The bass on the sabres is better behaved. Still, since the peak of the im50 seems to be just on the female vocals region and it sounds not as vivid as the sabres meaning the rest of the frequencies are not aggressive but balanced.
Now, don't expect the amount of detail and resolution the sabres offer in the im50.

Just my two cents
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm I agree with resolution and detail on the sabres although you shouldn't expect too much. IM50 bass intrusive to the mids yeah okay I can understand. Sabre bass is better behaved - agreed, too.
But I actually find the IM50s more vivid and live sounding in terms of vocals, in terms of instruments the point goes to the Sabres. I didn't do an A/B comparison thus I would possibly return the Sabre because I just can't get that vocals I really love. With the pre order price and the discount I keep it because shipping cost to return the Sabre are almost 1/7 of the Sabre's price.

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #3,734 of 24,683
And +1, got mine pair yesterday (really quick for our post). So I won't repeat that package and accessories set are nice (oups, I just did it), but I like new design. Spent already 4 hours playing with filters and tips, Sabre also greatly changes sound with tips rolling and SpinFits in stock are really worth addition. Actually, I prefer 2 most neutral filters, silver and purple. Nice, detailed and balanced sound. But burn-in is still in progress of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back