TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 19, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #24,407 of 24,683
Soooo... Anyone wanna talk Trinity products? :D

I snapped off the pogo pins on my phantom airs, as the antenna was still breaking up. Next step will be soldering an actual antenna onto the IEM's (if I ever get around to it)
I still haven't gotten around to gluing my faceplate back on yet haha. And the white one I got also has dropouts between left and right, though nowhere near as bad as the gold pair that I still need to put back together. Maybe someday I'll get to that haha.

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #24,408 of 24,683
Soooo... Anyone wanna talk Trinity products? :D

I snapped off the pogo pins on my phantom airs, as the antenna was still breaking up. Next step will be soldering an actual antenna onto the IEM's (if I ever get around to it)
Uh-oh! I think that was my fault going off-subject after all the posts on the R1!
So which filters would you recommend on the Masters for electronic music to get the best bass and layering?

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #24,409 of 24,683
Thanks for that. We are obviously singing from the same hymn sheet! I find most DD/BA hybrid IEMs have a slightly harsh treble, it seems a malaise affecting affordable BA drivers. The only exceptions among the ones I have are the Zodic Audio ET2201 and the Urban Fun Beryllium hybrid. I think you would really enjoy the DC1, though. Perhaps we'll see a few more affordable IEMs with the ceramic units!

Just placed my order of DC1 on Aliexpress. Have to wait for 3 weeks to get it delivered.

Jun 20, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #24,411 of 24,683
Just placed my order of DC1 on Aliexpress. Have to wait for 3 weeks to get it delivered.
I know you will like them and it will be good to hear your impressions when you get them.

Jun 20, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #24,412 of 24,683
Came home to a Trinity PM6 in the mail today. It was like seeing a ghost. Ordered June 2016.
Don't get too excited, it may be a PM2 lol.

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #24,413 of 24,683
Well one member on here cancelled his Hunter order and got refunded. He received a Hunter in the mail yesterday. Maybe I'll get a PM6 (or PM2) since I cancelled mine :D

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #24,415 of 24,683
He believes it has a BA since it sounds like it has a BA but he isn't 100% certain. I believe he tried to look through nozzle but couldn't see anything.

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #24,416 of 24,683
He believes it has a BA since it sounds like it has a BA but he isn't 100% certain. I believe he tried to look through nozzle but couldn't see anything.
Yeah, you can't see anything relating to the driver setups looking through the nozzles as far as I can tell. Maybe you still have a shot at getting your PMx haha. Cuz their system's all sort of broken. I told them to just give me an Air in any color and they did. Then a couple weeks ago, I got another set of Airs, this time in the color I ordered. They still don't work right, but now I have 2 I guess?

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #24,417 of 24,683
That's right! They are the Emperor's new IEMs lol

Jun 22, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #24,419 of 24,683
Since I'm considering Artiste DC1 can anyone describe how they sound in a bit more detail? Especially compared to the ZS3 and/or Z5000.
I wrote a short description above in reply to bk123, where I compared the DC1 to the Trinity Audio Master. The DC1 is a very well-balanced IEM from deep sub-bass through a very transparent and open midrange to a clean peak-free treble which is very extended with lots of detail. The piezo driver really comes into its own here. I really can't think of any negatives, especially at the price. Clarity is excellent. Listen to something very pure, like "Arcadia" by Aqueous, a beautiful ambient album by Andrew Heath, and there's a perfect balance between silence and clean transients, deep sub-bass and soaring highs, with a wide open holographic soundstage. I would imagine they would scale well with more high-end sources. I do not own either of the IEMs you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back