TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Feb 12, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #211 of 24,683
omg first flc8s now phantom master
wink_face.gif
beyersmile.png
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #212 of 24,683
Feb 12, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #214 of 24,683
I meant that the sound was that good that did not try others... Not to put in a negative way though...I meant to say I liked that sound sig...

I went from Red to Orange to Yellow and just stopped in my tracks.  Haven't even tried the other two...no need.  The yellow/gold is phenomenal.  Now if only they were a touch longer. :)

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #215 of 24,683
Hey @Bobtrinity, so I noticed in @Brooko's quick impressions of the Sabre prototype that the vent faces out towards the world. I don't suppose there's anyway to engineer around that huh? Like how the A83 has it's dynamic driver vent face the ear so while there's still noise, there's less noise leaking in for the outside world. It's the biggest (and still only a relatively passing) complaint I've had with the Delta and Hyperion units; I just don't like having dynamic driver vents facing towards the word, especially in an IEM that's more likely to be worn over ear considering the shape. Does moving the vent from where it is on the Sabre to facing towards the ear affect the sound signature negatively?

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #216 of 24,683
Problem can be with an inner facing vent that for some peoples anatomy, it can block - thus changing the intended sound sig.  You can also get varied reports on things like bass quantity from reviewers depending on whether their own anatomy blocks it or not.  Last thing will depend on how the drivers are configured within the shell.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #218 of 24,683
  I tried them all, 1 a day, orange for me is the best, for some reason my ears would get tired with gold, 2 much bass for me.

Orange has more bass than yellow.  At least according to the chart.  The yellow should be more neutral with a touch more bass than the purple and gunmetal..

1. RED = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
  2. ORANGE = V shape signature with slightly decreased bass
  3. YELLOW = Neutral + Offering a more balanced sound signature with a very slight increase bass over neutral with a great mid and high range sparkle
  4. PURPLE = Neutral - Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
  5. GUNMETAL = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble.

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #219 of 24,683

Orange has more bass than yellow.  At least according to the chart.  The yellow should be more neutral with a touch more bass than the purple and gunmetal..

1. RED = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
  3. YELLOW = Neutral + Offering a more balanced sound signature with a very slight increase bass over neutral with a great mid and high range sparkle
  4. PURPLE = Neutral - Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
  5. GUNMETAL = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble.

Yeah, that was my understanding too, that the orange is more bass heavy than the yellow. I actually think the orange filter is my favourite, it still has excellent clarity and separation like the gold filter, but the bass is just that bit more present.

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #220 of 24,683

Tbh not in my ears, i know what the chart says but i feel much more drumming in my inner ear with the yellow, thats why i cant use them, im bass sensitive so i imediately noticed.

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #221 of 24,683
There may be some variance then - because this is how I measured my pair yesterday:

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #222 of 24,683
  Problem can be with an inner facing vent that for some peoples anatomy, it can block - thus changing the intended sound sig.  You can also get varied reports on things like bass quantity from reviewers depending on whether their own anatomy blocks it or not.  Last thing will depend on how the drivers are configured within the shell.

Good point. Think it would be possible to have it closer to the top or bottom along the shell edge instead of directly on the outside facing surface? Like, on the same axis as the connector (somewhere on the skinny edge)? I obviously wouldn't know how the components fit inside the shell, but if there was a way to get the port basically a little bit below or above the cable entry on the skinny side of the shell, that would be an ideal placement, at least in my opinion. That only assumes there's even space to be able to do that kinda thing anyway though. Whatever the result, I'm quite certain (to put it mildly) that Bob knows what he's doing anyway so not really worried. That port on the Sabre prototype looks smaller than the one on the Delta. Could you maybe lemme know about that @Brooko when you've got some time to measure/visually inspect? The vent size on your Sabre prototype compared to the vent sizes of the Delta and Hyperion? Much appreciated if you have the time, don't feel obligated though
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #223 of 24,683
  Good point. Think it would be possible to have it closer to the top or bottom along the shell edge instead of directly on the outside facing surface? Like, on the same axis as the connector (somewhere on the skinny edge)? I obviously wouldn't know how the components fit inside the shell, but if there was a way to get the port basically a little bit below or above the cable entry on the skinny side of the shell, that would be an ideal placement, at least in my opinion. That only assumes there's even space to be able to do that kinda thing anyway though. Whatever the result, I'm quite certain (to put it mildly) that Bob knows what he's doing anyway so not really worried. That port on the Sabre prototype looks smaller than the one on the Delta. Could you maybe lemme know about that @Brooko when you've got some time to measure/visually inspect? The vent size on your Sabre prototype compared to the vent sizes of the Delta and Hyperion? Much appreciated if you have the time, don't feel obligated though
wink.gif

Might be able to get Vince (HiSoundFi) to compare when he gets them in another week or so.  I couriered the Sabre to Alex (Twister6) on Friday, and Vince gets them after Alex is done.

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #225 of 24,683

Might be able to get Vince (HiSoundFi) to compare when he gets them in another week or so.  I couriered the Sabre to Alex (Twister6) on Friday, and Vince gets them after Alex is done.

I'd be happy to do this comparison when they arrive.

@Brooko your initial impressions are great. I'll try to add any outside perspective on them, and also open up some Q&A while I still have them.

Awesome guys! Thanks a bunch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back