TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 16, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #21,993 of 24,683
The vyrus 2 is smaller but the Icarus iii sounds better imo
Seems to be the general consensus to me as well. The Vyrus 2 is smaller and its shape is more universally comfortable, but the Icarus 3 is the better-sounding IEM. Reports indicate that the Icarus 3 is decent in comfort, better than the Master due to having a smaller shell.

Sep 16, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #21,994 of 24,683
For anyone who cares, I received my Hunter cables yesterday. Haven't had time to even get them out of the packaging, but they definitely look nice. From time of order to when they showed up was about 2 months so falls in line with both what they quote and the time frame others seem to have gotten theirs in.

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #21,996 of 24,683
Wow your lucky

Mine's almost a year (October last year) told Kieran I'd like to cancel and he said it was in development, as per a previous poster, what's to develop? maybe build! I said cancel
I'm one of the incredibly lucky ones. It only took a year (only, like a year is a good delivery time frame :p) for me to get my Hunter and 3 months to get my cables. Yes, I wrote 2 months in a previous post, but that's because it's the more accurate time. I got my Hunter 3 months ago and sent out a request for the cables, but I didn't realize for an entire month that my email sent out a draft copy instead so it didn't have an order number for them to cross-check. As such, they I gave them the order number 2 months ago, hence, the cables are actually as on-time as they had quoted.

There are many shortcomings on which you can pin the blame on TAE for, but late delivery for this cable is not one of them; they delivered it in the time that they said. Now if only they could do that for all the other products people ordered.....

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #21,997 of 24,683
Jaybird are releasing their first true wireless for sport! €169 and can be preordered. I own their Bluetooth version and have been very happy with their performance and sound. They released the X3 with an app to customise your sound preference, which will be also available for these wireless sport version. So, these will be my new pair.

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #21,998 of 24,683
Jaybird are releasing their first true wireless for sport! €169 and can be preordered. I own their Bluetooth version and have been very happy with their performance and sound. They released the X3 with an app to customise your sound preference, which will be also available for these wireless sport version. So, these will be my new pair.

Maybe not. Just reading some reviews & some complaints of dropouts. I will hold for now

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #21,999 of 24,683
IMG_4226.jpg

Maybe not. Just reading some reviews & some complaints of dropouts. I will hold for now

Check these out. I am going to audition them next month as they should be available first week of November.
Price tag is around $150-$160.

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #22,000 of 24,683
So Sony, B&O , and JBL, three well known and respected audio brands are all releasing wireless buds over a period of two months

Sennheiser must surely follow

Which sort of proves apples point that the 3.5mm cable is largely redundant, or if you really need it you use an adapter

What annoys me is these companies wouldn’t be putting out a product that didn’t work. They have to have to connectivity right, or they would eb flooded with returns. So it’s not rocket science. So why couldn’t trinity get it right?

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #22,001 of 24,683
So Sony, B&O , and JBL, three well known and respected audio brands are all releasing wireless buds over a period of two months

Sennheiser must surely follow

Which sort of proves apples point that the 3.5mm cable is largely redundant, or if you really need it you use an adapter

What annoys me is these companies wouldn’t be putting out a product that didn’t work. They have to have to connectivity right, or they would eb flooded with returns. So it’s not rocket science. So why couldn’t trinity get it right?

I have had true wireless earbuds under $100 that worked great. A few of them actually had decent sound quality. Definitely not audiophile quality but decent enough when out and about. Trinity's 100 mins battery life is a joke even if they are superior when it comes to sound. Some wireless earbuds give you 4-5 hours and get fully charged within 1.5 hrs. As you said, the technology is already there but maybe they opted for cheaper technology and suppliers to cut cost.

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #22,002 of 24,683
FWIW, when TAE started down this road there were very few if any truly wireless buds. It was one of the reasons I ordered them in the first place. Problem is that they were trying to be bleeding edge without the wallet and wireless engineering to do it. That's why they should have waited and been fast followers. Let the big companies spend the money figuring out all of the wireless stuff, then put their better than average audio on it. It still would have sold.

Instead they have a complete failure on their hands.

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #22,003 of 24,683
FWIW, when TAE started down this road there were very few if any truly wireless buds. It was one of the reasons I ordered them in the first place. Problem is that they were trying to be bleeding edge without the wallet and wireless engineering to do it. That's why they should have waited and been fast followers. Let the big companies spend the money figuring out all of the wireless stuff, then put their better than average audio on it. It still would have sold.

Instead they have a complete failure on their hands.

Good points. This industry moves fast. If you don't have the capital you gonna fail.
If they could release a decent product in 3-6 months that could have been amazing but I doubt they even had a final prototype when they started their crowdfunding campaign. If they did the Air should have been available by now. Not to mention the Air was disconnected before it was even delivered to all backers and regular customers.

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #22,004 of 24,683
I have already forgotten what I've ordered from this company as I have been foraging on aliexpress and have shitloads of amazing iems that took a month to arrive and that has become my new norm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back