TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 18, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #22,021 of 24,683
I now regard my waiting period as the schrodinger's cat period

Whilst i didn't have them. i didn't know whether i would get Airs that worked or didn't, therefore whether they were sh!t.

Now i have both pairs, and neither pair works, I know they are

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #22,023 of 24,683
Other than the KZs, any other chifi recommendations?
LZs are well-recommended: LZ A3, LZ A4, LZ Big Dipper. Rose has been recommended too; if you want something really small and very balanced, I've read good things about the Rose Mini2. Pai Audio has also been touted relatively recently as a brand with good offerings. Just look through all the stuff available on Penon Audio or Lend Me Ur Ears and do a search on anything that looks interesting to you.

To keep this at least sorta related to thread top (and I'm grasping at straws here, people), old TAE stock like the original Vyrus is on Penon Audio at least, and at a ridiculous retail price. They didn't even cost that much if you looked at the proposed MSRP that TAE never got to anyway since they discontinue everything almost immediately.

Anyway, further discussion of such topics should go to another thread; this is specifically a TAE thread after all.

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #22,024 of 24,683
Their MSRP make no sense and no one is going to pay retail for them. Both Penon and Audio Sanctuary have Trinity stock sitting for the longest time.
I don't know what they are doing but to me it looks like they are buying time. They shipped a few pieces to get the discussion going and something they can write blog about.
If anyone from Trinity reads this I hope they deliver already to all backers and customers who supported them for so long. Stop running games on people and tell them what is really going on.
The new pre-orders seem to me like a desperate attempt to get more funds to support other projects. It's a vicious cycle and they are trapped in it.
What a shame.

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #22,025 of 24,683
Just in case anyone is interested, the Hortons I picked up to use the random points I found arrived over the weekend - posted recorded delivery the day after ordering.

Looks like if they have stuff in stock they are shipping it, at least.

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #22,027 of 24,683
I now regard my waiting period as the schrodinger's cat period

Whilst i didn't have them. i didn't know whether i would get Airs that worked or didn't, therefore whether they were sh!t.

Now i have both pairs, and neither pair works, I know they are

Horray for quantum physics... sort of, anyway...

As a side note, getting a bit nervous regarding the Icarus II preorder....

No pictures of the up- and coming (? - but let's hope that it will be so) product, yet, I'm not alone, so keeping the fingers crossed...

It would really help if the guys at Trinity gave an update on the progress of the Icarus I and especially Icarus II, I do not even dare to mention Hunter and PM6 preorders, now long overdue...

Sep 18, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #22,028 of 24,683
I think they're just holding off announcing anything on the Icarus line so as to avoid even more money going out the door than coming in.

It also just occurred to me how appropriate them naming the line "Icarus" was. Maybe they knew this was going to be the outcome all along.

Sep 18, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #22,029 of 24,683
I hate to say it and been avoiding using those terms all along but this company had turned to a money grab with a business model that is a borderline scam.
A few of their deals were too good to be true while trying to bring in more money.
I have very little faith they will be able to deliver and come through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back