TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 15, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #21,976 of 24,683
Hi,

sorry for all waiting to get their PM6 / Hunter and... even the Air.
my question to all who received their Hunter:
Did you get your 8-litz cable (s) ?

-> i mailed them my prefered configuration at June.29 and received... nothing.

ok.. a lot of people are lucky they get their Hunter, but it would be nice to know if other received ther cables.. Kieran mailed me today they have to "develop" the cables...

hmmm... of course there is much to develop for an IEM cable

:)

P.S.

and: they will ship Icarus IV after all Airs are shipped.
In a perfect world they would have pre-built most of the cables by now and had them ready by now.

Sep 15, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #21,977 of 24,683
Hi,

sorry for all waiting to get their PM6 / Hunter and... even the Air.
my question to all who received their Hunter:
Did you get your 8-litz cable (s) ?

-> i mailed them my prefered configuration at June.29 and received... nothing.

ok.. a lot of people are lucky they get their Hunter, but it would be nice to know if other received ther cables.. Kieran mailed me today they have to "develop" the cables...

hmmm... of course there is much to develop for an IEM cable

:)

P.S.

and: they will ship Icarus IV after all Airs are shipped.

I got my Hunter a few months back (one of the lucky ones) and got my two cables about 5-6 weeks after sending them my preferences.

The cables are actually pretty good - I did suggest prebuilding some for future buyers when I was chasing mine up, but that was obviously not deemed useful enough advice.

Hope you get the them soon!

Sep 15, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #21,978 of 24,683
Got a response from Kieran that they were shipping the Airs direct from the UK to USA, no re-mailer, we knew that but it's good to have confirmation.

He ignored all of my other questions regarding when they would be shipped.

I just want to get my Airs, prove they're defective or not as expected as will likely be the case, and get on with getting some sort of recompense.

Sep 15, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #21,979 of 24,683
Got a response from Kieran that they were shipping the Airs direct from the UK to USA, no re-mailer, we knew that but it's good to have confirmation.

He ignored all of my other questions regarding when they would be shipped.

I just want to get my Airs, prove they're defective or not as expected as will likely be the case, and get on with getting some sort of recompense.

I received the same non-response when I asked about what was causing the hold up, for weeks, and got an instant reply when asking for a refund.
Seems they're just dodging questions where they have to provide an answer they'll be held accountable for, and are pleased to continue pulling the wool over everyone's eyes with generic fluff answers that we're all aware of anyway...

At this point, I think I'll just be content in being a cynic and call this ordeal 'wasted money', as I shan't be getting my Kickstarter funds back (understandably), nor will I get a product (crap or otherwise) for those funds.

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #21,980 of 24,683
Finally got my refunds and can now wash my hands of Trinity:)

Sep 15, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #21,981 of 24,683
I'm surprised a few people here jumped on the Phoenix preorder.
Just out of curiosity, what made you take a flyer? For their preorder asking price there are so many other options from much more reputable companies, let alone their retail price.
Genuinely interested what made those folks reward a company full of bs and lies with so much uncertainty.
Good question and also did anyone Take a flyer on the last two items. I thought about for a nano second and came to my senses.

Sep 15, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #21,982 of 24,683
Good question and also did anyone Take a flyer on the last two items. I thought about for a nano second and came to my senses.

One good thing came if that flyer - it made me log into my account to see how many points I had, realise I had enough from my Hunter purchase last year to get a £10 voucher and pick up a pair of Hyperion for my nephew's birthday at about 30 per cent less. Won't ever do pre-order with them again, but at least this will be good value as I love the Hyperion sound for the price.

A good reminder that the "original" Trinity was a company worth supporting - such a shame it's not really something you can say about the current state of affairs

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #21,984 of 24,683
One good thing came if that flyer - it made me log into my account to see how many points I had, realise I had enough from my Hunter purchase last year to get a £10 voucher and pick up a pair of Hyperion for my nephew's birthday at about 30 per cent less. Won't ever do pre-order with them again, but at least this will be good value as I love the Hyperion sound for the price.

A good reminder that the "original" Trinity was a company worth supporting - such a shame it's not really something you can say about the current state of affairs
Hyperions were the first Trinity product I heard, don't get a huge amount of use now as I've since gotten Vyrus 2 (my walking about pair), Master (My home pair), and Icarus III (my work pair), but do still like to break them out on occasion and remember how great they are, especially as I picked them up for £20.

Should add I'm waiting for Air V2 (got the V1 but battery life is atrocious) and Icarus I if they ever release that.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #21,985 of 24,683
Hyperions were the first Trinity product I heard, don't get a huge amount of use now as I've since gotten Vyrus 2 (my walking about pair), Master (My home pair), and Icarus III (my work pair), but do still like to break them out on occasion and remember how great they are, especially as I picked them up for £20.

Should add I'm waiting for Air V2 (got the V1 but battery life is atrocious) and Icarus I if they ever release that.
At least you got a V1, even if it doesn't work. I never got a V1 and who knows where my V2 is. I still use my Hunter and Vyrus V2 and even the Hyperion still gets playtime. What's actually really nice about all the Trinity IEMs I own so far is that they're not sensitive at all; sometimes, I just feel like using IEMs instead of headphones so I'll plug into my desktop amp and the TAE IEMs easily have the least hiss out of all my IEMs plugged into my desktop amp.

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #21,986 of 24,683
Here you go guys: £10OFF-7eesdbbd I ordered a £10off coupon with all the Trinity points I had before I got refunded for everything... Considering I won't be using these, pay it forward. First come first serve. :p It can give you a cheap X-Series or a cheap Hyperion, I guess.

Oh and I did test it: It works.

Sep 15, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #21,987 of 24,683
Starting to wonder if they are even going to make the Icarus I and II or if they are just stalling because they can't afford to refund us. My current Trinity BT lanyard has started randomly changing volume, and all of the buttons work only when they want to, which is about 15% of the time. I can't totally blame them for this, I wore them while working out and a couple of sweat droplets might have gotten inside. Did Fiio ever end up making their lanyard thing? I think it is time to start looking at other options.

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #21,988 of 24,683
At least you got a V1, even if it doesn't work. I never got a V1 and who knows where my V2 is. I still use my Hunter and Vyrus V2 and even the Hyperion still gets playtime. What's actually really nice about all the Trinity IEMs I own so far is that they're not sensitive at all; sometimes, I just feel like using IEMs instead of headphones so I'll plug into my desktop amp and the TAE IEMs easily have the least hiss out of all my IEMs plugged into my desktop amp.
Well, if you're interested in a Vyrus (v1), drop me a message :beerchug:

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #21,990 of 24,683
I randomly happened upon this on IMDB and it made me chuckle.

Sketch.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back