TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 3, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #20,807 of 24,683
Just did a side by side comparison between the hyperion and the masters... Pretty drastic difference. :p I'm surprised the Hyperion sell for 50£ as opposed to the 60£ or 75£ price tag for the Masters/Icarus. They are worlds apart different...

Wait..You have finally received something apart from Hyperion? By world apart you mean that Master is better?

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #20,808 of 24,683
Wait..You have finally received something apart from Hyperion? By world apart you mean that Master is better?

No, received nothing. Got refunded everything. Just had the chance to listen to my collegue's IEM's. :)

By worlds apart, I mean that you clearly see that the master has proper separation and a wide soundstage... The hyperion is just a lightweight basic IEM which isn't worth the price they sell it for. :\ It does the job, just not for 50£.

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #20,809 of 24,683
The Hyperion was £35 a while back (you can still get it from a few places for that price). The small size on the Hyperion is nice though - easy to get a good fit with it compared to some others (though that can also make it fiddly to get out agani without having to pull on the wires!).

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #20,810 of 24,683
The Hyperion was £35 a while back (you can still get it from a few places for that price). The small size on the Hyperion is nice though - easy to get a good fit with it compared to some others (though that can also make it fiddly to get out agani without having to pull on the wires!).

Yep, agree that the small size is nice... Fit and seal are super easy to achieve. It's just not 50£ nice. 35£ is much more logical. :)

Anyway, that's how far I'll go with Trinity, I guess. Too bad.

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #20,811 of 24,683
No, received nothing. Got refunded everything. Just had the chance to listen to my collegue's IEM's. :)

By worlds apart, I mean that you clearly see that the master has proper separation and a wide soundstage... The hyperion is just a lightweight basic IEM which isn't worth the price they sell it for. :\ It does the job, just not for 50£.

When I purchased it, it was 20gbp, not counting the half-off discount I used. For that price, it was absolutely worth it. I'd certainly rate it above something like the KZ zst, for instance, which I purchased for ~20usd.

EDIT: Agree that the Master is clearly superior though. Which, it should be lol.

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #20,812 of 24,683
The Soundmagic E10 is around £35-36 so I'd say that would be a fair price for the hyperion. But there are Chi-fi iems comparable at $10 -20

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #20,813 of 24,683
Man this thread moves like a run-away freight train!!!! So here goes with what I got so far:

Initial impressions is Bob was dead on that these are a more musical easy listening iem, lighter than the masters in weight but relatively the same shell size however the back on the Icy III is flat as opposed to the rounded back on the Masters. Not gone through but three filters so far but like the Masters I much prefer the green filter to the purple that came installed on the Icarus III. You can also tell I like the Carbon face plates but for their size you would be surprised how light they are. They are relaxed and easy listening so far but not quite as easy as the P-1's, but remember I still have at least 2-3 more filters to try. With that said I can get the masters to sound a little warmer but they are still more precise and detailed compared to the Icy III.

Bye Bob.JPG

IMO they are both beautiful iem's and I'm sure wherever Bob lands I'll be watching and waiting, just noticed the Icy III screws are black and they send you a nice collection of backup screws. If they are they same size I'm going to put black ones in my Masters:yum:

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #20,814 of 24,683
OK, how sweet do these Masters look with the black screws out of the Icarus III packet:)

Black Master.JPG

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #20,815 of 24,683
IMHO 99.9% of the planet's population (at least those that love their music) would absolutely love this little rig, for just under $250 (75 Pound discount Icy III pricing) it would be hard to beat:thinking:

Trinity Treat.JPG

So I've ended up with the black filters and large Auvio tips:beerchug:

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #20,819 of 24,683
Australia Post have lost my KZ ZS5s.

so now i have to go though an Aliexpress claim

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 3, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #20,820 of 24,683
Australia Post have lost my KZ ZS5s.

so now i have to go though an Aliexpress claim

That's unfortunate mate, I received mine a week ago, bought from GearBest though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back