TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 23, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #18,856 of 24,683
Thank you for your impressions! I'm anxious to read more, my 4490 upgrade should be here Wednesday. I'm bypassing the Multibit upgrade at the moment for two reasons, the overall cost in addition to having to ship the Bifrost to Schiit for the upgrade. I just got a new amp (Lyr 2) and new headphones (he-400i) and would hate to be without the Bifrost for the week or so it would take to do the upgrade. Please keep the impressions coming!
L3000.gif

I hate you!!!

lol Kidding of course

Glad to see someone actually received them. Hopefully more start receiving theirs soon.

I second that, im still waiting but nice to see others finally Getting there iems and ending the wait.
Also movement means others wait might be over soon.

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #18,857 of 24,683
Haiving committed to two pairs of the Air's, and being very disappointed with the level of communication and service (appreciate Kickstarter never runs on time), I then doubled down not eh icarus IV and the icarus II DAP.

so still waiting on a bunch of stuff from Trinity. I hope in hindsight i am glad they held the airs back and fixed the connection problems.

Anyway, as part of my Icarus IV purchase, i got a free pair of hyperions, which arrived yesterday. Man, these sound great out of the box. I am a bit worried about what appears to eb a very fragile connection at the earpiece, but i guess i will just have to take more care of it than my usual day to day speakers.

I bought into Trinity based on their past reputation. Hopefully they get over their current issues and get back to what they were

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #18,858 of 24,683
Aluminium (i.e. one of the softest metals) is much easier to machine than titanium (one of the hardest metals). I am not saying that Bob didnt exaggerate, just dont think that comparison with aluminium is fair here.
What's that to do with the SQ even if 1000 man hours spent on building it(the shell)?

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #18,859 of 24,683
What's that to do with the SQ even if 1000 man hours spent on building it(the shell)?

I'm still surprised that most of the hunter's price is the machining of the titanium.
Haiving committed to two pairs of the Air's, and being very disappointed with the level of communication and service (appreciate Kickstarter never runs on time), I then doubled down not eh icarus IV and the icarus II DAP.

so still waiting on a bunch of stuff from Trinity. I hope in hindsight i am glad they held the airs back and fixed the connection problems.

Anyway, as part of my Icarus IV purchase, i got a free pair of hyperions, which arrived yesterday. Man, these sound great out of the box. I am a bit worried about what appears to eb a very fragile connection at the earpiece, but i guess i will just have to take more care of it than my usual day to day speakers.

I bought into Trinity based on their past reputation. Hopefully they get over their current issues and get back to what they were

I have a feeling we're not done waiting...

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #18,862 of 24,683
I'm still surprised that most of the hunter's price is the machining of the titanium.

I have a feeling we're not done waiting...

Well who knows wishful thinking on my part , when a few claim tracking numbers then il breathe a bit better , I realy hope they deliver on the 3 week promise they said on Tues last week for my Hunter...but i haven't seen any sign of my delta refund yet that they said I could have in the same email exchange.

Jun 24, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #18,865 of 24,683
Ouch. This is unfortunate, especially after the long wait. Seems like the harsh highs are also present with other models and I was under the impression that after the PM4 they corrected that.

Treble aside, could it be that your Master were faulty? Although more people reported similar impressions similar to yours, but was just wondering.

Pretty sure they weren't, even the Vyrus sounded a tad bit better, but still horrid.

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #18,867 of 24,683
Pretty sure they weren't, even the Vyrus sounded a tad bit better, but still horrid.

I'm curious, what iem's do you like? The Vyrus, while languishing in the desk drawer for a long time, wasn't particularly horrid to my ears. I find them a bit uninteresting but they are pretty decent earphones for the price. They are really comfortable, more so than the master's for me. The master's are ok. I'm not an enthusiastic fan of them, but after countless hours of experimenting, I've settled with green filters and comply's. Interesting to note, I never use comply's on my other earphones and I would of also never thought I would of liked the green filters (on my other trinity's I've been using gunmetal and silvers).

All this to say that the master's required me to outside of my typical considerations in achieving a decent sound.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #18,868 of 24,683
I think you have to take strong opinions with a grain of salt; there simply aren't enough impressions out there to get a really good grasp of the overall quality. For every earphone out there, there will be someone who reacts in a very strong, negative way to its sound, regardless of how popular or acclaimed that earphone is.

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #18,869 of 24,683
Has anyone actually received an Air yet after the problems were supposedly addressed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back