TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 22, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #18,828 of 24,683
it's already night in UK, Bob is probably too tired to read it. I'm sure it will be corrected.

Be gentle on him guys:)

I posted yesterday that i felt sorry for trinity, they clearly just bit off way more than they could chew with too many products.
My post above about "give me a break" was meant more about a break from my worry! I am still supporting them , but i still am not happy with the way the communication has been.
The 31st typo is a good example, if they cannot communicate and we as customers are then worried if we are even going to receive our products then who knows what the 31st typo could be taken as.

Im still trying to be patient and I honestly do hope they get back on track.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #18,830 of 24,683
Well it's the end of the road also for me.
I finally got refunded after being told many times it was impossible.
I'm really upset that it went like this since I really wanted my PM6, but after all this I really cant understand how there could be any Trinity fanboy on this forum.
Good luck to all of you.
Did they refund you on Indiegogo or KS?

Jun 22, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #18,831 of 24,683
I don't think the delta has completely gone, i had a conversation 2 days ago about my order of original delta, I was told it has a q.c issue and is still being produced.

Hi guys,
I'm also waiting on my Delta Hybrid since last fall, when I bought them for £60 in pre-order. I sent an email to Jake at TA to complain and he told me about the QC issue too. He also offered me to send the Vyrus V2 instead. I don't really know what to do...

I'm tempted to ask for a refund since I got a glimpse of the mess TA product management is so far, but it seems like a long road to go down before actually get a refund.

Do you have any advice? Should I get the Vyrus V2 and be done with it even if it's not what I asked in the first place?
Are the Vyrus V2 tested somewhere? How do they compare to Delta Hybrid?

Also, it kinda piss me off because even if right now the price for Vyrus V2 is £79, it was at £49 not so long ago, and the Delta Hybrid was at £60 in pre-order instead of £90, so it's not like it's a huge commercial gesture of good-will...

Anyway, thanks fellas and good luck for your orders

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #18,833 of 24,683
I don't think the delta has completely gone, i had a conversation 2 days ago about my order of original delta, I was told it has a q.c issue and is still being produced.
They told us that same thing about the Atlas Delta and look where we are with those. Not a single one in sight.

Hi guys,
I'm also waiting on my Delta Hybrid since last fall, when I bought them for £60 in pre-order. I sent an email to Jake at TA to complain and he told me about the QC issue too. He also offered me to send the Vyrus V2 instead. I don't really know what to do...

I'm tempted to ask for a refund since I got a glimpse of the mess TA product management is so far, but it seems like a long road to go down before actually get a refund.

Do you have any advice? Should I get the Vyrus V2 and be done with it even if it's not what I asked in the first place?
Are the Vyrus V2 tested somewhere? How do they compare to Delta Hybrid?

Also, it kinda piss me off because even if right now the price for Vyrus V2 is £79, it was at £49 not so long ago, and the Delta Hybrid was at £60 in pre-order instead of £90, so it's not like it's a huge commercial gesture of good-will...

Anyway, thanks fellas and good luck for your orders
I'm sort of tempted to advise to just take the Vyrus 2, but at the same time, if you're going that route, I'd say you deserve at least a partial refund. £10 at least to account for how much you paid compared to how much the MSRP for the Vyrus 2 was when you ordered the Delta.
The Vyrus 2 is actually a pretty good IEM and it doesn't have the treble issues I'm seeing with most other IEMs in their current lineup. Sound is slightly behind the Delta because it's missing that balanced armature which offered more detail and slightly more clarity than the single dynamic driver setup in the Vyrus 2. Still, the titanium driver in the Vyrus 2 does a very good job. I also personally like its form factor a little more so it fit my ears more comfortably than the Delta did. I think a lot of people are just wondering if they should just accept what has the best chance to show up the soonest and be done with it.

Jun 22, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #18,834 of 24,683

Just noticed this update on Trinity website.

Nice to see that they are still trying to meet their original shipping date. But in reality I think what is going on is that they want to target getting some Icarus III's out by month's end, with the remaining orders to be shipped over the next 6 to 8 weeks. I'm still holding to an estimated shipping date of November for the Icarus III's. Trying to set my expectations realistically. The Icarus III's will be fully shipped out November 15, 2017.

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #18,837 of 24,683
They told us that same thing about the Atlas Delta and look where we are with those. Not a single one in sight.

I'm sort of tempted to advise to just take the Vyrus 2, but at the same time, if you're going that route, I'd say you deserve at least a partial refund. £10 at least to account for how much you paid compared to how much the MSRP for the Vyrus 2 was when you ordered the Delta.
The Vyrus 2 is actually a pretty good IEM and it doesn't have the treble issues I'm seeing with most other IEMs in their current lineup. Sound is slightly behind the Delta because it's missing that balanced armature which offered more detail and slightly more clarity than the single dynamic driver setup in the Vyrus 2. Still, the titanium driver in the Vyrus 2 does a very good job. I also personally like its form factor a little more so it fit my ears more comfortably than the Delta did. I think a lot of people are just wondering if they should just accept what has the best chance to show up the soonest and be done with it.

Thank you for the advice.

Just to bring up some news, I got an email from Jake of TA telling me it'll be another two weeks before they start shipping out some Delta's.
I'm gonna wait those two weeks as a last hope to get them and if not then I'll take the quickest way out with the Vyrus IEM's...
I won't bother asking them for a refund, even a partial one (to cover any difference between the 2 IEM's), as I'm not ready to spend more time on email exchange.
Albeit I've learned my lesson regarding pre-orders.

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #18,838 of 24,683
So has anyone here seen a Master 6, or is it all about Icarus now, which wasn't even announced until a short while ago.
I am still waiting on mine. Actually on a shipment update. Or an update. Or anything at all

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #18,839 of 24,683
I just realized these were made locally! Going to look here as well for my next purchase. It isn't about saving money when you're reaching for the last few percentages of awesomeness to fill your head. Looking forward to getting what I ordered, delivered, no excuses. :p

Sometimes I wished I lived in the states. The jupiters are $200 more here in Canada. :frowning2:

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #18,840 of 24,683
I figure trinity wouldn't invest that much money for one hunter shell. I guess Bob just over exaggerated the effort it takes to create 1 hunter shell in that blowtorch video.

Yes over exaggerated by a factor of 1000. Campfire audio says it takes them about 9 hours to machine the aluminum shells for the Jupiters, and that might be for a batch of shells, as they make them in small runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back