TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 13, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #1,531 of 24,683
LOL, good luck resisting.  Would you like a little peer pressure to consider this once in a blue moon deal for amazing sounding several-in-one earphones that will redefine your listening experience to a whole new intoxicating level?  Well, too late on the peer pressure.

I gave into the dark side, but in my opinion it's a good dark side :evil: ,  and not the bad dark side  :veryevil: , as my use of emojies clearly and validly demonstrates:p  

Lol damn you with your logic!

Seriously though, sabres first, then we'll see :D

May 13, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #1,532 of 24,683
So are there any frequency graphs for the Master 4 or 6? Anything WRT the sound signature aimed at?

I'm a big fan of trinity's stuff but it's hard to get into a new configuration like a push-pull hybrid and buy it blind.

May 13, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #1,533 of 24,683
All i will say is that there is a noticable difference sound wise between the 2, you can hear why you pay more.

Quantifying an amount of upgrade in sound quality versus money spent is very difficult.  Would you say the Phantom 4 is 90% (or 80%, 70%, etc.) sound quality of the Phantom 6?   

May 13, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #1,534 of 24,683
basically go for the flagship master 6
tongue.gif

May 13, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #1,535 of 24,683
May 13, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #1,540 of 24,683
Just realized master 4 to master 6 feel like double price... I don't think is worth for money, should I go with master 4... Just that extra 2 BAs ins't pay for double
frown.gif

Twin BAs lower distortion, so the sound should be significantly clearer on the Master 6. Master 4 to Master 6 is more than double the price when the HeadFi discount is taken into account, but it very well might be worth it for that increased clarity through the mids and highs. Personally, if anybody is considering the Sabre, they should just jump up to the Master 4.

I'd love to hear our tuning experts comparisons of the two, but I don't think the Master 4 went out to them.

I can't really afford any of them, but I have a good feeling that the Master 6 will be a top tier IEM and the under $300 price for a top tier IEM is just about unbeatable.

One thing I'd like to see from @Bobtrinity in the Kickstarter campaign is a bigger, or more durable case for the Master 6. I don't expect it to happen, but one can always dream.

May 13, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #1,541 of 24,683
Twin BAs lower distortion, so the sound should be significantly clearer on the Master 6. Master 4 to Master 6 is more than double the price when the HeadFi discount is taken into account, but it very well might be worth it for that increased clarity through the mids and highs. Personally, if anybody is considering the Sabre, they should just jump up to the Master 4.

I'd love to hear our tuning experts comparisons of the two, but I don't think the Master 4 went out to them.

I can't really afford any of them, but I have a good feeling that the Master 6 will be a top tier IEM and the under $300 price for a top tier IEM is just about unbeatable.

One thing I'd like to see from @Bobtrinity
 in the Kickstarter campaign is a bigger, or more durable case for the Master 6. I don't expect it to happen, but one can always dream.

My feeling to told myself will going for Atlas, at least there are MMCX connectors can be sharing those hybrid cable as well.
Also I can't wait that long.. Lol

May 13, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #1,543 of 24,683

One thing I'd like to see from @Bobtrinity
 in the Kickstarter campaign is a bigger, or more durable case for the Master 6. I don't expect it to happen, but one can always dream.

My feeling to told myself will going for Atlas, at least there are MMCX connectors can be sharing those hybrid cable as well.
Also I can't wait that long.. Lol

I like the Atlas, but I feel that the bass isn't tight enough for my preference. I think that the Sabre very well may be an improvement on the Atlas, sound-wise. The Atlas may be the most comfortable IEM I own, including my tiny ones: the RHA s500i and Echobox Finder X1. The Atlas has great mids and highs and the waterproofing is worth getting if you are the active type. If you can't wait, you can get the Sabre quickly. After I review and compare, I'll likely sell my Atlas, but that won't be till after I've had the Master 6 for a bit.

Edit: I haven't heard the Sabre, so this is based on description from others and supposition of the effects of push-pull design.

May 13, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,544 of 24,683
I like the Atlas, but I feel that the bass isn't tight enough for my preference. I think that the Sabre very well may be an improvement on the Atlas, sound-wise. The Atlas may be the most comfortable IEM I own, including my tiny ones: the RHA s500i and Echobox Finder X1. If you can't wait, you can get the Sabre quickly. After I review and compare, I'll likely sell my Atlas, but that won't be till after I've had the Master 6 for a bit.

Thanks mate... Just wait your reviews then :)

May 13, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #1,545 of 24,683

I like the Atlas, but I feel that the bass isn't tight enough for my preference. I think that the Sabre very well may be an improvement on the Atlas, sound-wise. The Atlas may be the most comfortable IEM I own, including my tiny ones: the RHA s500i and Echobox Finder X1. If you can't wait, you can get the Sabre quickly. After I review and compare, I'll likely sell my Atlas, but that won't be till after I've had the Master 6 for a bit.

Thanks mate... Just wait your reviews then
smily_headphones1.gif

I wouldn't miss out on the discount that the Master 6 will be offered with. If you are the lower end of the budget, I'd go get the Master 4. For Singapore, water and sweat-proof is likely a big benefit, so the Atlas still might be up your alley. I like lean muscular tight bass (Brad Pitt instead of the Rock), so my bass preference isn't in line with a lot of people. I tend to prefer a more crisp sound, not cold but not warm, balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back