Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jun 7, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #1,951 of 2,949
It's their constant excuses that finally broke the camels back for me. They could've been straight with me from the beginning, told me that the AD was no longer in production and that the replacement Master would be send by mid June but I had the option to get a refund as that was not the iem that I paid for, and everything would have been fine. To find out the only reason they became aware of my situation was because I was constantly emailing them? Come on. They assured me that they had sent emails to the mayority of AD purchasers about the situation but strangely enough I didn't get one even though I get all of their promotional stuff (and no, they supposedly were not referring to that general email were they told everybody that all AD were sent and only the last batch were defective and being replaced with Masters). I was a believer in their company, they themselves pushed me away.
If anyone thinks the way I was treated is the right way to treat a costumer, well I really cannot say anything else to that person.
I've had a comparatively much better experience than you have and I'm still not going to be putting money down for items like the new DAP and Icarus 4. I only ordered the Icarus 1 because I could use the code; figured there couldn't be too much harm tossing $10. But with your experience, it's really easy to understanding not supporting them any further. Been burned to much to have any amount of faith in their execution.

A wise choice.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #1,952 of 2,949
I have no complaints about Trinity, from my purchasing experiences. The Vyrus 2 came a bit later than guaranteed, but other than that the products I purchased off of their site have arrived in a timely fashion.

Jun 7, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #1,953 of 2,949
If my experience was limited to only the Vyrus I originally bought from them, my opinion of the company would be completely different. As far as I know there have never been issues with their lower level stuff, but my experience with both the Sabre and the AD were ridiculous. One was riddled with QC issues, including the ones sent as replacement for those and even the third pair that I got. The AD is a different situation, they were never produced and were changed to the Masters without the purchasers consent, and after that I had to jump through hoops for them to offer a solution.

Jun 7, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #1,954 of 2,949
If my experience was limited to only the Vyrus I originally bought from them, my opinion of the company would be completely different. As far as I know there have never been issues with their lower level stuff, but my experience with both the Sabre and the AD were ridiculous. One was riddled with QC issues, including the ones sent as replacement for those and even the third pair that I got. The AD is a different situation, they were never produced and were changed to the Masters without the purchasers consent, and after that I had to jump through hoops for them to offer a solution.
Hasn't gone well for you since the Vyrus, has it? :p

Jun 7, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #1,956 of 2,949
Question: accidentally clicked open the code for the Trinity audio blog webpage, the author shows as Joe Watts, the owner of Rockjaw and still Trinity director. The writing style of the Trinity audio blog page is very "Joe" - I'd say he definitely writes the blog page. :wink: :)
Curious.
<title>Updates and News</title>
<author>
<name>joe watts</name>
</author>
Edit: sorry, probably old news. Joe Watts is the sole named director of Trinity Audio. Mrs Marie Timms is now the owner, as of this year, with majority stock holding. Dunno who she is. Find it mildly interesting.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #1,957 of 2,949
I have no complaints about Trinity, from my purchasing experiences. The Vyrus 2 came a bit later than guaranteed, but other than that the products I purchased off of their site have arrived in a timely fashion.
At least the products you bought didn't get deleted.

The Atlas-Deltas customers suffered the most. They were the original fans of Trinity back in the day, they made this company how it was but Deltas really kicked it off.
I can see how they are disappointed that the product they wanted got deleted and changed for a Masters IEM.

The other products of course are not an issue, PM 6 Exist/ Hunters Exist/ Vyrus 2 exist/ etc etc.

You might be thinking "well that's weird, why so much about Atlas-Delta?"
Unless someone was a big fan back in that time, only they will understand.

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #1,960 of 2,949
Still no sign of my hunter and my friend's PM6. And no status updates either. This one has been a royal mess.
All shipments for Hunter and PM6 are halted until 2-3 weeks from now where they get a new supply shipped to Trinity HQ, where shipping will begin again.

Edit: Kickstarter Email
"Hi Backers

For any still awaiting Master 6 we are just awaiting some more to come into stock and we will finish the shipping within the next 2-3 weeks.

Thank you to everyone for their help, support and feedback."

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #1,961 of 2,949
Still no sign of my hunter and my friend's PM6.
Obviously they simply can't build them fast enough, many people still waiting on all models except Vyrus and Hyperion which are both in stock. Annoying that more models are announced, orders taken, whilst they wait for more of the stuff that people have already paid for to arrive from.. China?
The attitude seems to be that they are prepared to lose some older customers, apologies notwithstanding, in the hopes of getting new ones. Not ideal, at all.

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #1,962 of 2,949
Obviously they simply can't build them fast enough, many people still waiting on all models except Vyrus and Hyperion which are both in stock. Annoying that more models are announced, orders taken, whilst they wait for more of the stuff that people have already paid for to arrive from.. China?
The attitude seems to be that they are prepared to lose some older customers, apologies notwithstanding, in the hopes of getting new ones. Not ideal, at all.
Yeah, you can't do things that way. It basically results in net-zero customer gain because you're gaining some customers at the expense of losing other customers. Which defeats the point of launching new products and expanding the lineup. You do that to increase your customer base and while it seems like they're apparently getting enough new customers to offset losing previous customers, why can't they just do things in a way that keeps the old ones coming back and the new ones interested to join?

Jun 8, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #1,964 of 2,949
Question: accidentally clicked open the code for the Trinity audio blog webpage, the author shows as Joe Watts, the owner of Rockjaw and still Trinity director. The writing style of the Trinity audio blog page is very "Joe" - I'd say he definitely writes the blog page. :wink: :)
Curious.
<title>Updates and News</title>
<author>
<name>joe watts</name>
</author>
Edit: sorry, probably old news. Joe Watts is the sole named director of Trinity Audio. Mrs Marie Timms is now the owner, as of this year, with majority stock holding. Dunno who she is. Find it mildly interesting.

End of June is also their accounts deadline. So we'll find out if they're making preorder to pay for earlier items or if they owe millions to manufacturers etc.

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #1,965 of 2,949
they have updated the Icarus II description:
  • 100 Points volume control
  • decoder support for formats including mp3, AAC, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV
Thanks . I think I was looking at the description with tired eyes . Panic over :cold_sweat:
. Just hope the design incorporates some decent tactile buttons for basic commands (ie so dirty hands can operate through pockets) ~ aw gawd that doesn't read well lol .
As in walking the dog folks. :dog:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back