Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 8, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #121 of 2,949
  I'm wondering this as well, since he had been saying the tuning will be the same between the two all along, but Hunter was supposedly getting better drivers.  But we seem to be getting conflicting info and it is hard to keep track of all the changes.  Not a huge deal, The litz cables and premium materials alone make the Hunter worth it over the PM6... Unless it actually ends up sounding worse 
rolleyes.gif

I don't much care about the premium material/accessories ,  i choose/paid Hunters for their premium sound in all trinity products ( iems) .

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #122 of 2,949
I just read through the entire thread and it would appear that the Master 6 and the Hunter are no different from each other since Trinity keeps upgrading on the Master 6. I ordered the Hunter since I'm a Trinity fanboy and also Hunter is their TOTL at the moment so I wanted to get something I would not need to upgrade anytime soon. So can @Bobtrinity do a side by side of the specs of the Master 6 and the Hunter so I'll at least feel more comfortable that the Hunter's price is justifiable vs the Master 6. Thanks!

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #124 of 2,949
Sorry, if this was asked before, but why do you use stainless steel now for pm6? Are there advantages? I can imagine they are more solid like the rha ones are... Pictures incoming? :)

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #126 of 2,949
I just read through the entire thread and it would appear that the Master 6 and the Hunter are no different from each other since Trinity keeps upgrading on the Master 6. I ordered the Hunter since I'm a Trinity fanboy and also Hunter is their TOTL at the moment so I wanted to get something I would not need to upgrade anytime soon. So can @Bobtrinity do a side by side of the specs of the Master 6 and the Hunter so I'll at least feel more comfortable that the Hunter's price is justifiable vs the Master 6. Thanks!

Hunter tuning is slightly better than master 6 but there are similarities but the Hunter is the most natural of the two.

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #127 of 2,949

I have absolutely the same feelings friend you just said that what I want to said in more excellent way 

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #128 of 2,949
Litte remark @Bobtrinity

Sorry to bother you again, Bob.

I am trying to get combi tips onto my PM4s. Managed to attach 1 tip after half an hour.  
I think they somehow do not fit properly like the other tips do...

Thanks 

Tom

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #130 of 2,949
anyways... after testing the PM4 for a week... im not sure you have a future, is a excelent headphone which sounds supreme for its price.

but its let down by quality control issues, Im going to post my opinions on the headphone in its own thread.

Im just saying, EU warranty is 2 years... i dont think these will hold for 2 years considering i´ve already had 2 cables go on me in a week and many companies have gone under not becuase their products didnt sell or were not competitive, but becuase they could not carry the economic burden of bad QC and bad quality.

Don't mean to sound like an a## but did you read my first post on this thread?

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #134 of 2,949
I am not sure why the decision was taken to switch to stainless steel from aluminum for PM6. Aluminum is sturdy and light, whereas steel is close to 3 times heavier than aluminum. There already have been weight concerns regarding PM6, considering it has multiple drivers. Wouldn't switching to stainless steel increase the weight even further? Or is it that the stainless steel shell is thinner than the aluminum shell, thus solving the issue. I am just concerned about the earpieces coming out when tilting my head.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #135 of 2,949
Maybe it's my age (soon to be 70) that's mellowed me out quite a bit.  Dunno.  But folks all the gnashing of teeth, department of redundancy department questions, and recriminations of various degrees has become extremely tiring.

As some have justly pointed out the degree to which Bob and his gang have and are going to iron out wrinkles is all but unmatched by any other company.  Then there's customer service.  End results as established by past practice have been exemplary.  Bottom line is that I personally don't see a problem.  I have complete faith that I will be fully and completely satisfied when all the dust settles. 

So please, hold your water and weigh carefully what is really going on.

To Bob, Jake and the gang:  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back