Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 8, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #151 of 2,949
I gotta say I think a lot of people are being more than a bit harsh with Bob and co! He's never let us down and always goes the 'extra mile' for most if not all of his loyal customers!
Have to say I'm impressed with my silver PM4's, and yes I did have a problem with a couple of my filters!
Thanks Bob and all the guys at Trinity. :sunglasses:

I agree. Again you can't make everyone happy but Trinity/Bob is going way above and beyond. It's interesting how all I read is this or that out of thousands of posts/complaints/opinions etc. I still have YET to read someone that has had an issue and voiced it and contacted Trinity and STILL has a problem. I have NOT see that yet. So what does that tell you? Trinity is doing their best to help (and have) everyone.

Find me a post or a user that has had an issue and contacted Trinity and it was NOT handled? I hear crickets . . . . .

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #152 of 2,949
What's our target group? It's a serious question as we sell to teens to people way past there 70's.

Head fi only makes up a small proportion of our customers relatively but it is also one of the most essential places for feedback good or bad.

Any company should have some main group that they are aiming at. It can be broad or narrow, but trying to please everybody doesn't work. I'm sure you already have some type of target group, although without having it black on white. And of course you sometimes sell outside of your target group. Coca cola zero is marketed towards young people (at least here in Denmark), but that doesn't mean that they never sell a zero to people above the thirties. :wink:

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #153 of 2,949
What's our target group? It's a serious question as we sell to teens to people way past there 70's.

Head fi only makes up a small proportion of our customers relatively but it is also one of the most essential places for feedback good or bad.

Could you please respond to this question:
Many thanks.

I am not sure why the decision was taken to switch to stainless steel from aluminum for PM6. Aluminum is sturdy and light, whereas steel is close to 3 times heavier than aluminum. There already have been weight concerns regarding PM6, considering it has multiple drivers. Wouldn't switching to stainless steel increase the weight even further? Or is it that the stainless steel shell is thinner than the aluminum shell, thus solving the issue. I am just concerned about the earpieces coming out when tilting my head.

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #154 of 2,949
Could you please respond to this question:
Many thanks.

I am not sure why the decision was taken to switch to stainless steel from aluminum for PM6. Aluminum is sturdy and light, whereas steel is close to 3 times heavier than aluminum. There already have been weight concerns regarding PM6, considering it has multiple drivers. Wouldn't switching to stainless steel increase the weight even further? Or is it that the stainless steel shell is thinner than the aluminum shell, thus solving the issue. I am just concerned about the earpieces coming out when tilting my head.

The shell is thin but is far more sturdy than aluminium, especially on the threaded areas.

There will be a small increase in weight but not massively so and as they are over ear wear will negate most of it. Further more the master 6 is actually a very small unit.

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #155 of 2,949
The shell is thin but is far more sturdy than aluminium, especially on the threaded areas.

There will be a small increase in weight but not massively so and as they are over ear wear will negate most of it. Further more the master 6 is actually a very small unit.

Thanks Bob, for the prompt answer.

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #156 of 2,949
BTW @Bobtrinity, I think I saw you in a post somewhere (probably the other thread) say that people could check the link for this thread in your signature, but I'm seeing anything in your signature besides a link to the website and the Head-Fi members discount. Maybe your signature didn't update with the link like it was supposed to?

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #158 of 2,949
  BTW @Bobtrinity, I think I saw you in a post somewhere (probably the other thread) say that people could check the link for this thread in your signature, but I'm seeing anything in your signature besides a link to the website and the Head-Fi members discount. Maybe your signature didn't update with the link like it was supposed to?

I can see it:

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #159 of 2,949

I can see it:

I'm using a 64 bit version of Firefox called Waterfox and that "Follow our..." doesn't show.  Go figure
confused.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #160 of 2,949

I'm using a 64 bit version of Firefox called Waterfox and that "Follow our..." doesn't show.  Go figure
confused.gif

I can confirm I cannot see it in firefox either. I can see it in safari. This is how it looks in firefox:

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #162 of 2,949
Shows in Chrome fine. Your browsers are the issue not the website.

If head-fi works reliably on only a few browsers and not on firefox, then it should be clearly stated on the front page. Otherwise, it is a website issue, since websites are supposed to be compatible with the standard popular browsers.

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #163 of 2,949
If head-fi works reliably on only a few browsers and not on firefox, then it should be clearly stated on the front page. Otherwise, it is a website issue, since websites are supposed to be compatible with the standard popular browsers.

Not necessarily true. They can state FireFox works on version X and test it and be fine. FireFox can then be updated or a new version comes out and can change how it reads a page that never has any changes on it. Hi-FI-Org has not changed. They are not going to keep up with all the new browser and or changes unless it's a huge technical issue.

Sure they can state what browsers are compatible but again that can possible change. I work websites all the time. Our website it compatible with Firefox and IE and Chrome at the time we tested it. There were NO issues at the time of testing. As soon as Microsoft made changes to IE how it read a webpage (our webpage) we were bombarded with calls of "what's wrong with your site?" Answer was "Nothing".

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #164 of 2,949
Not necessarily true. They can state Firefox works on version X but updates and new browsers and even a browser update can change how they read a page that never has any changes on it. Hi-FI-Org has not changed. They are not going to keep up with all the new browser and or changes unless it's a huge technical issue.

Sure they can state what browsers are compatible but again that can possible change. I work websites all the time. Our website it compatible with Firefox and IE and Chrome at the time we tested it. There were NO issues at the time of testing. As soon as Microsoft made changes to IE how it read a webpage (our webpage) we were bombarded with calls of "what's wrong with your site?" Answer was "Nothing".

I agree with you if new update was the reason. So I checked using a version of firefox that is 1.5 year old and not updated. It does not show any information in any of our signatures, which means new updates are not the issue. Even older versions of firefox are not fully compatible with head-fi. I think people should be aware of these issues.

I work websites all the time. Our website it compatible with Firefox and IE and Chrome at the time we tested it. There were NO issues at the time of testing. As soon as Microsoft made changes to IE how it read a webpage (our webpage) we were bombarded with calls of "what's wrong with your site?" Answer was "Nothing".

Routine maintainance and testing should minimize if not eliminate such hiccups.

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #165 of 2,949
I agree with you if new update was the reason. So I checked using a version of firefox that is 1.5 year old and not updated. It does not show any information in any of our signatures, which means new updates are not the issue. Even older versions of firefox are not fully compatible with head-fi. I think people should be aware of these issues.

Routine maintainance and testing should minimize if not eliminate such hiccups.

If other browsers can display it and a particular browser does not, it does not make it HI-Fi-Orgs fault or issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back