Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 8, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #136 of 2,949
They are addressing it by better QC. Warranty also.

"Furthermore we will be increasing the warranty to 2 years (Hunter and Master 6 included) on the main unit and offer a 3 year cable warranty."

The fact they are changing it shows they care and realize it's a better solution for the masses. As usual if there is an issue they will address it as they always have. Look at all they are doing now with the PM4 and even older models. Iv'e never seen any provider do so much to make their customers happy.

Again, still not the point of my post. I get that they're addressing it by warranty, I get they're changing the design in a way they think will benefit their customers the most, that's not what we're hanging on here. I'm asking about replacement turnaround time, which is a completely different thing. Trinity Audio could tack a 10-year warranty on their models for all I care, but stating a warranty period and talking about a replacement turnaround time in the event of a failure is not the same thing. There are several ways replacements in the IEM world happen for something like a cable. For standard 2-pin models, people will contact the company and say their cable is dead and they need a new one; in that event, they'll likely use a secondary 2-pin cable while they wait for the new one to ship in. Essentially it works the way replacement cables could go for the previous cabling system; previous Trinity Audio products came with multiple removable cables, so if one failed, we'd just use a different one while the Trinity team sent out a replacement. With a hardwired upper half, in the event of a failure, you won't be able to use it for probably a week and you have no way to diagnose if it was the cable. Each system, the old 2-pin and the new hardwired y-split solution, has its flaws and I certainly can't tell you which one is better, only which one I prefer. They're bringing their QC up and I have the utmost faith in them, but statistically no QC no matter how good has a 100% hit rate.

I like Trinity Audio and I think they'll continue to think through their problems with consideration for the customers every step of the way. Just because I like and support what they're doing doesn't mean I want to be blind to potentially useful information, even if it isn't for myself. I doubt any of my Trinity Audio units will fail, and I know that even if they do, there's the spectacular Trinity Audio customer service to back me up. But while I know I'll be taken care of, I want to also know how I'll be taken care of.

It appears that you are correct Jeff. I went back and found a post from Bob:

I am not sure how I came to my original conclusion.

I think perhaps your conclusion and mine came from the website as @Ahmad313 pointed out. The description for the PM6 clearly indicates it uses 2 dual-BA drivers with 2 dual-coil dynamic drivers. But the Hunter page lists it as 4 BAs instead of 2 dual-BAs; while mathematically that adds up, but semantically, it's quite different.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #137 of 2,949
Again, still not the point of my post. I get that they're addressing it by warranty, I get they're changing the design in a way they think will benefit their customers the most, that's not what we're hanging on here. I'm asking about replacement turnaround time, which is a completely different thing. Trinity Audio could tack a 10-year warranty on their models for all I care, but stating a warranty period and talking about a replacement turnaround time in the event of a failure is not the same thing. There are several ways replacements in the IEM world happen for something like a cable. For standard 2-pin models, people will contact the company and say their cable is dead and they need a new one; in that event, they'll likely use a secondary 2-pin cable while they wait for the new one to ship in. Essentially it works the way replacement cables could go for the previous cabling system; previous Trinity Audio products came with multiple removable cables, so if one failed, we'd just use a different one while the Trinity team sent out a replacement. With a hardwired upper half, in the event of a failure, you won't be able to use it for probably a week and you have no way to diagnose if it was the cable. Each system, the old 2-pin and the new hardwired y-split solution, has its flaws and I certainly can't tell you which one is better, only which one I prefer. They're bringing their QC up and I have the utmost faith in them, but statistically no QC no matter how good has a 100% hit rate.

I like Trinity Audio and I think they'll continue to think through their problems with consideration for the customers every step of the way. Just because I like and support what they're doing doesn't mean I want to be blind to potentially useful information, even if it isn't for myself. I doubt any of my Trinity Audio units will fail, and I know that even if they do, there's the spectacular Trinity Audio customer service to back me up. But while I know I'll be taken care of, I want to also know how I'll be taken care of.

I think perhaps your conclusion and mine came from the website as @Ahmad313
pointed out. The description for the PM6 clearly indicates it uses 2 dual-BA drivers with 2 dual-coil dynamic drivers. But the Hunter page lists it as 4 BAs instead of 2 dual-BAs; while mathematically that adds up, but semantically, it's quite different.

You should contact them then with your concern, This decision was not set in stone as Bob also mentioned that if you do not want the new format (Y) they will make exceptions and send you the previous (abandoned) style. So again there is really NO reason to voice any concerns as they are covering all bases.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #138 of 2,949
Spot on @Bob A (SD). Not once in any thread have I seen a post about anyone having an issue with a trinity product that Bob and his team haven't gone the extra mile to make right. And I think some people have lost sight of the fact that we pre-ordered a product that didn't exist yet, and the first run of any product is far more likely to have issues. That is the risk we take to get them earlier and cheaper than everyone else. Pre-ordering may not be for some. 

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #139 of 2,949
I totally agree with midgetguy on the cables. Fortunately it is a non issue for me since the my Hunter will come with a 2 pin, but I wouldn't have bought it if it had a hard wired connection. That is just my preference and would have been a deal breaker. Anyway I'm excited to see what these end up sounding like, and really hope they live up to the hype.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #140 of 2,949
So basically pm6 and Hunter will have the same drivers and the same driver count.

The pm6 will now have stainless steel body and the hunter would have titanium body.

Pm6 will be using the tubing and damping system followed widely in the industry. Hunter woo t use the same damping methodology.

Also Hunter will use the vectoring Chamber. I've the campfire audio Jupiter and it sounds awesome.

The sound signature of both pm6 and Hunter starts off the same, but the final output of that sound seems to be different. Most natural was how Bob trinity has described it.

Pm6 now has dual coil dynamic drivers like hunter. So does it mean it won't be in the push pull configuration?

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #141 of 2,949
You should contact them then with your concern, This decision was not set in stone as Bob also mentioned that if you do not want the new format (Y) they will make exceptions and send you the previous abandoned style.

Not so much a concern as a informational banter. Besides, I've got the pre-order Hunter which has standard 2-pin sockets so my needs are covered. I've already voiced my questions in this thread in relation to the failure points or replacement process step by step. I may not personally have use for the information, but others might and if they are answered by Bob's incredibly busy team, then that's more useful information to the customer. Customer service isn't proprietary, you just have to pay attention; and the Trinity has that ability in spades.

I totally agree with midgetguy on the cables. Fortunately it is a non issue for me since the my Hunter will come with a 2 pin, but I wouldn't have bought it if it had a hard wired connection. That is just my preference and would have been a deal breaker. Anyway I'm excited to see what these end up sounding like, and really hope they live up to the hype.

I prefer the 2-pin system (standard obviously much desired over proprietary) so I'm happy about the situation in regards to the pre-orders using the standard 2-pin system. But I probably still would have bought them with the hard-wired system, if only just to even try it in order to have a more educated and hands-on opinion of them.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #142 of 2,949
Not so much a concern as a informational banter. Besides, I've got the pre-order Hunter which has standard 2-pin sockets so my needs are covered. I've already voiced my questions in this thread in relation to the failure points or replacement process step by step. I may not personally have use for the information, but others might and if they are answered by Bob's incredibly busy team, then that's more useful information to the customer. Customer service isn't proprietary, you just have to pay attention; and the Trinity has that ability in spades.

I prefer the 2-pin system (standard obviously much desired over proprietary) so I'm happy about the situation in regards to the pre-orders using the standard 2-pin system. But I probably still would have bought them with the hard-wired system, if only just to even try it in order to have a more educated and hands-on opinion of them.

I have one saying and I know Bob agrees, "You can't make everyone happy" but Trinity is trying harder than others.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #143 of 2,949
So basically pm6 and Hunter will have the same drivers and the same driver count.

The pm6 will now have stainless steel body and the hunter would have titanium body.

Pm6 will be using the tubing and damping system followed widely in the industry. Hunter woo t use the same damping methodology.

Also Hunter will use the vectoring Chamber. I've the campfire audio Jupiter and it sounds awesome.

The sound signature of both pm6 and Hunter starts off the same, but the final output of that sound seems to be different. Most natural was how Bob trinity has described it.

Pm6 now has dual coil dynamic drivers like hunter. So does it mean it won't be in the push pull configuration?

Driver count is actually different. PM6 will still have 6 drivers, and Hunter will have 5. PM6 will have the dual coil drivers in a push-pull, hunter will not.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #144 of 2,949
  Maybe it's my age (soon to be 70) that's mellowed me out quite a bit.  Dunno.  But folks all the gnashing of teeth, department of redundancy department questions, and recriminations of various degrees has become extremely tiring.

As some have justly pointed out the degree to which Bob and his gang have and are going to iron out wrinkles is all but unmatched by any other company.  Then there's customer service.  End results as established by past practice have been exemplary.  Bottom line is that I personally don't see a problem.  I have complete faith that I will be fully and completely satisfied when all the dust settles. 

So please, hold your water and weigh carefully what is really going on.

To Bob, Jake and the gang:  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 
biggrin.gif

Well said Bob A. On line selling brings its own double edge, Wish people would calm down and a bit and look back and see how Bob handles himself and operates with the utmost honesty. A positive business reputation is difficult to achieve and takes blood sweat and tears.Bob ain't going to give up on this. 

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #145 of 2,949
Quote:
I have one saying and I know Bob agrees, "You can't make everyone happy" but Trinity is trying harder than others.

I'm not sure I've seen a company try harder. I've seen plenty try to look like they try hard, but it's all a facade. Trinity actually follows through. I know that one thing we can agree on here is that regardless of all the minor hiccups along the way and whether or not you have any unit issues, the Trinity Audio team will take care of you one way or another.
beerchug.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #147 of 2,949
Quote:
I'm not sure I've seen a company try harder. I've seen plenty try to look like they try hard, but it's all a facade. Trinity actually follows through. I know that one thing we can agree on here is that regardless of all the minor hiccups along the way and whether or not you have any unit issues, the Trinity Audio team will take care of you one way or another. :beerchug:

Absolutely. :D

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #149 of 2,949
A company should not try to make everybody happy; they should try to make their target group happy. 

What's our target group? It's a serious question as we sell to teens to people way past there 70's.

Head fi only makes up a small proportion of our customers relatively but it is also one of the most essential places for feedback good or bad.

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #150 of 2,949
I gotta say I think a lot of people are being more than a bit harsh with Bob and co! He's never let us down and always goes the 'extra mile' for most if not all of his loyal customers!
Have to say I'm impressed with my silver PM4's, and yes I did have a problem with a couple of my filters!
Thanks Bob and all the guys at Trinity. :sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back