Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 7, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #92 of 2,949
There is no point to have the cable removable. My original Atlas is MMCX, plugged in initially never had ONE reason to disconnect them from the cable. Less things in the chain to go wrong the less issues.

If you wish to use a BT connection sometimes and wired others, changing cables would be a need.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #95 of 2,949
So why the change of cable termination? For two reasons, reliability is one and secondly it will allow us to offer a modular design so we can offer a range of upgrades/sidegrades and our soon to be released dac/amp and wireless adapter. As all cables from the Y Split to the main body will already have a higher grade single crystal ofc silver plated cable inside we will be able to offer various other cable options such as balanced and xlr etc.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #96 of 2,949
Trinity already give you an OFC Silver cable. You are not going to get better than that.

huh?  how does a silver cable allow me to use BT connection?  I have an iPhone 7.  I can use the lightning adapter(with dac/amp) they suppiled or I can use BT. Thats why I purchased a BT lanyard, its for options

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #98 of 2,949

huh?  how does a silver cable allow me to use BT connection?  I have an iPhone 7.  I can use the lightning adapter(with dac/amp) they suppiled or I can use BT. Thats why I purchased a BT lanyard, its for options

He's talking about the new modular system Trinity is coming up with where you just plug the BT into the cable at the y-split.

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #99 of 2,949
I'm still not sure why the two need to be exclusive. There's no reason someone couldn't design a system that's fully replaceable and terminates at the Y. You get the advantages of both at that point, the flexibility, customizability, and ease of mind of a fully replaceable cable, as well as the convenience and quick switching between multiple tasks that terminating at the Y gives you. Because 99% of the time you're going to only change the lower portion of the cable, you don't really need to worry about wearing out the connectors on the IEMs. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #101 of 2,949
After skimming through the thread, I can say I am very happy with the changes bob has announced. Especially the upgrades made to the PM6, and at no charge too. Thanks bob, I'm really looking forward to receiving this product.
Now, do me a favor and don't change anything else please. I'd like to get them while I'm young. :D

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #103 of 2,949
You lost out.The changes alone make this a killer deal. QC issues or not.

Im sure I'll survive. A few members whose judgment I trust highly says the PM4 is overrated. Anyways, hope you enjoy it!

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #104 of 2,949
Now the pm6 is cnc machined out of stainless steel. Will there still be colour choices?
I'd prefer the natural finish on ss to be honest - especially if the machine marks are left in place :wink: . Is it too late to change?

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #105 of 2,949
Hey folks, I've decided I will bite the bullet and get the Hunter. Is there any reason for me to also get the master 6?(looking at you indie gogo bundle). Otherwise I'll probably get two airs instead of the bundle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back