Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Apr 22, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #1,652 of 2,949
  YEs but normally making them inside out helps

Gotta try that next time. I'm probably not switching anything on my Vyrus right now, but hopefully the Air is just around the corner
rolleyes.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #1,654 of 2,949
I've been reading on the other thread that the iems comes with kombi tips instead of spintips. Is it true? Did you got spintips in your package?

I received Spinfit tips with my Vyrus 2.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #1,655 of 2,949
I didn't. I just got combis and can't use them. :p

I think Trinity have run out of them and they are quite expensive to buy as well. Looked them up yesterday. I do wish that Spinfits would offer 3 of the same size rather than sell in single pairs or a combination of three sizes. If you buy three sizes, then two of them are wasted!!!

Perhaps we need a swap area where we can all trade size for size .....

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #1,656 of 2,949
Now that I have had some time to give some quality listening attention to music with the Vyrus 2, I am more and more impressed. I'm just going with the stock black filter that was in the Vyrus 2 and the bi-density stock tips through an iPhone 6s and and iPad 1. I'll update if I hear any sonic shifts as the IEM settles in, if it does change over time. 

All impressions take into the fact that the Vyrus 2 is a sub-$100 IEM. The Vyrus 2 is competent with a number of genres. Classical and acoustic music are rendered well. Well-mastered pop music is rendered especially well. Good extension on both ends. (I don't have golden ears, so take extension comments with a grain of salt). A bass tilt, but it does not hurt the mids at all. Treble smoothly tapers off. Vocals are miles better than the Vyrus 1. I'll need to do some A/B-ing with the NuForce NE800M over the next week to compare similar sound signature IEMs. The FAD X Massdrop Heaven III is still significantly superior for mids, (violins, cellos, guitars, shakuhachi, vocals, etc.), and soundstage. The Vyrus 2 and (800M) have more enjoyable bass than the Heaven III. A fairly liquid bass, but not too flabby at all. No sibilance in the upper mids or treble. A little less shimmer in the treble compared to the 800M. Not strident. Lacks some of the air and subtlety in the upper mids and treble compared to the Heaven III. Cable noise has been nonexistent for me. A fantastic walk around IEM!

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #1,657 of 2,949
I didn't. I just got combis and can't use them.
tongue.gif

I think Trinity have run out of them and they are quite expensive to buy as well. Looked them up yesterday. I do wish that Spinfits would offer 3 of the same size rather than sell in single pairs or a combination of three sizes. If you buy three sizes, then two of them are wasted!!!

Perhaps we need a swap area where we can all trade size for size .....

​I ordered Spinfit CP100-M from Amazon USA. Although they show 1 pair in the ad, they actually come with 2 pair. It wasn't clear in the description but there was an answered question that stated the package included 2 pair and 2 pair is what I received. I assume the other Spinfits also include 2 pairs. 

May 2, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #1,664 of 2,949
So we enter May, with the last update from Bob at the beginning of April with information that has proved to be... not entirely accurate.
Quite a few Master delivered, but possibly the bulk still remaining. A handful of Air, no PM6 or Hunter, a thread of mixed opinions on Head-fi, and a growing disgruntled crowd on Kickstarter - mainly because Airs are not living up to the promise and no PM6 delivery even for early backers.
And the Icarus III is supposed to ship in May as well - not going to hold my breath on that one...July, August maybe?
I hope sometime soon Bob overcomes his reluctance to visit here and offers serious, honest updates for all concerned. Any customer deserves at least that much by now.

May 2, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #1,665 of 2,949
My Master's should be on their way, Jake confirmed. Paid for express, got no tracking number yet should get it soon. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back