Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
May 11, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #1,682 of 2,949
IMG_2391.JPG
Ah, that would be the first balanced cable that has appeared, I think.
Can you show a pic, is the end that goes into the cable joint TRS or TRRS please?
Here you go!

May 11, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #1,684 of 2,949
Did the balanced cable come with your masters or was it shipped at a later time?
It came with the Masters, within the parcel but not in the Masters' box.
I tend to think Trinity has held off shipping more parcel until they can slip the cable in them.
And for those who have not gotten the cable with their Masters, I have all confidence Trinity will send it as a separate package in a timely manner.
Trust me, these guys are definitely not making fun of their customers!

May 11, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #1,685 of 2,949
It came with the Masters, within the parcel but not in the Masters' box.
I tend to think Trinity has held off shipping more parcel until they can slip the cable in them.
And for those who have not gotten the cable with their Masters, I have all confidence Trinity will send it as a separate package in a timely manner.
Trust me, these guys are definitely not making fun of their customers!
I thought the cable was suppose to be 3.5mm trrs to 2.5mm trrs. At least that was what was stated on the trinity page when it still listed the cable as included.

May 11, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #1,686 of 2,949
I thought the cable was suppose to be 3.5mm trrs to 2.5mm trrs. At least that was what was stated on the trinity page when it still listed the cable as included.
Oh man I assumed it was 3.5 to 2.5 which is what most players use. If that's the case, its of no use to me. Really bummed. That was a big reason for purchasing the master and Icarus.

May 11, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #1,687 of 2,949
Oh man I assumed it was 3.5 to 2.5 which is what most players use. If that's the case, its of no use to me. Really bummed. That was a big reason for purchasing the master and Icarus.
3,5 to 2,5 balanced adapters come cheap, you know

May 11, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #1,689 of 2,949
I got the Balanced cable yesterday and it is also 3.5mm to 3.5mm so no use to me either.

Waiting to hear back from Jake about why they are not 3.5mm to 2.5mm as was advertised.

Can you suggest somewhere these are available from?
You can try https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=8
The site is very slow (it takes up to 2 minutes to load the page), be patient.
Cable type => Adapter
Connector => 3,5 TRRS female
Plug => 2,5 TRRS straight
Cable => Basic
15 USD

May 11, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #1,690 of 2,949
I got the Balanced cable yesterday and it is also 3.5mm to 3.5mm so no use to me either.

Waiting to hear back from Jake about why they are not 3.5mm to 2.5mm as was advertised.

Can you suggest somewhere these are available from?

VEclan is a good option.

Just a guess, but as the Icarus II is supposed to be a DAP, I wonder if Trinity are using a 3.5mm balanced out on that (when it finally lands)? That might explain the choice of termination on the cables?

May 11, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #1,691 of 2,949
I must admit I was about to lose my patience; even though I consider myself a Trinity fanboy, I had become upset for Bob not showing on Head-Fi threads any more, and barely posting on social media.
I was wondering where all (the absence, the lack of transparency, the products not being delivered) this would lead to, and was even unsure I'd see my preorders any time soon.
Having had fit issues with the Master4, I was also afraid the Master would not fit me.

But I did receive my Master yesterday.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the parcel was "God, they slipped in the balanced cable, a case, and a pack of Kombis - How can you get mad at these guys: they're doing all they can to fix past mistakes!". Well, if they're waiting for balanced cable to be in stock, no wonder deliveries got delayed!

When I had a moment for myself yesterday evening, I tried my new IEM, and I must say it had been a long time I hadn't been as immediately impressed with an IEM! With most of them, I am facing a "learning curve" in how to appreciate them, but with these it hasn't been the case.
I have had 2 listening sessions of parts of well known albums, one with the gunmetal filter, the other with the gold one - blue and green filters are on my waiting list.
I can't post impressions after merely one hour of actively listening to them, but my first impressions are that the Master seems to be the best IEM Trinity has released yet!
Build quality is outstanding, sound is detailed, precise, but remains engaging, fit is good for me...

To those losing patience - which I do understand: hold on, they are worth the wait!

How Trinity has been handling things lately will need to be improved for sure, but there are three things no one can deny: (1) thes guys are releasing products that are, soundwise, of great quality, (2) they are offering outstanding price/performance ratio and, most importantly (3) what they are doing is alway in the customer's best interest (remember that most things that have been implemented are due to community feedback - the only exception I can see to that is the new cable system, which by the way seems to be of excellent quality).

ARE you saying you DID receive a balanced cable and a case, or you DID NOT????

May 11, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #1,693 of 2,949
IMG_2391.JPG
ARE you saying you DID receive a balanced cable and a case, or you DID NOT????
I DID actually well indeed as a matter of a fact receive the balanced cable.
Proof that Trinity is actually listening to customer feedback complaining about about such a cable missing.

May 11, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #1,695 of 2,949

Users who are viewing this thread

Back