Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
May 2, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #1,666 of 2,949
So we enter May, with the last update from Bob at the beginning of April with information that has proved to be... not entirely accurate.
Quite a few Master delivered, but possibly the bulk still remaining. A handful of Air, no PM6 or Hunter, a thread of mixed opinions on Head-fi, and a growing disgruntled crowd on Kickstarter - mainly because Airs are not living up to the promise and no PM6 delivery even for early backers.
And the Icarus III is supposed to ship in May as well - not going to hold my breath on that one...July, August maybe?
I hope sometime soon Bob overcomes his reluctance to visit here and offers serious, honest updates for all concerned. Any customer deserves at least that much by now.
Well with the new KS update, people can expect to wait at least 2 more weeks in silence for the Air; they're investigating the battery life and signal drops.

May 2, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #1,667 of 2,949
My Master's should be on their way, Jake confirmed. Paid for express, got no tracking number yet should get it soon. We'll see.
listening session at dawn: The Trinity Masters out of the Calyx M (or any good DAP) amped by a class A portable amp are ear boggling! true 3 dimensional sound with musical communication unrivaled in previous Trinity products and most other IEMs....Ajja and Cosmosis album The Alien Jams from peakrec.com, which is my best digital guitar electronica recording, revealed details and soundscapes I've not heard before....attack and lyricism on Ajja's incredible guitar work was unparalleled, and bass approached Aurisonic 2.0 levels....a WOW experience!!

May 2, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #1,668 of 2,949
Well with the new KS update, people can expect to wait at least 2 more weeks in silence for the Air; they're investigating the battery life and signal drops.

i just read a bunch of KS comments - wow...
how is it possible they didn't encounter these issues during testing or the extensive QC bob promised?

May 2, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #1,669 of 2,949
i just read a bunch of KS comments - wow...
how is it possible they didn't encounter these issues during testing or the extensive QC bob promised?
Limited testing pool, absolute best environmental testing conditions ever, potential myriad of reasons, but unfortunately, the result is that the product going out doesn't match up with what they thought was going out. To be fair to Bob, I do believe he wants people to get the best possible experience because think about how this could've been handled. As bad as it seems the launch of the Air is, Bob is following through with his reassurances in that they'll take care of your issues with the product. There has to be a delay to do it, but any company could've gotten to this point and just stopped immediately after they sent out that email about bone density and whatnot, then sent them out all over the place, negative response be damned. Instead, Bob's team is investigating and trying to find a solution. It takes time and yes, any sort of further delay looks bad, but they could've given up and stopped trying altogether. He could give up on supporting us in the same way some people have given up on supporting him, but he hasn't. There's a certain amount of determination at work here and I, for one, admire at least the effort to fix things. I want my Air to show up as much as anyone else, preferably a working one and I'll agree with anyone saying they've bungled all of this (the launch of multiple IEMs) in every metric of logistics, but I can't say they're doing it out of malicious intent.

Not a whole lot of that applies to the Hunter, PM6, Atlas-Delta, or even the Icarus III. Those were all supposed to be way more production-ready, especially the Hunter and PM6, and we've got no clue what point we're at with those.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,671 of 2,949
I'm in a hating mood over Trinity Audio. I ordered Atlas Delta IEM's way back in Nov. 2016. Still waiting.
Latest inquiries:
April 10, "shipping next week", and on
April 20, "shipping next week".
Now it's May 5th, still waiting.

I thought I'd be getting mine earlier (it's still late) since I'm in Asia. I hope they finally deliver because I still believe in the IEMs they offer. I really hope they do because I have also ordered the Icarus I.

May 5, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #1,672 of 2,949
My Master's should be on their way, Jake confirmed. Paid for express, got no tracking number yet should get it soon. We'll see.
And still waiting for a tracking number.........
No answer on my e-mail.

listening session at dawn: The Trinity Masters out of the Calyx M (or any good DAP) amped by a class A portable amp are ear boggling! true 3 dimensional sound with musical communication unrivaled in previous Trinity products and most other IEMs....Ajja and Cosmosis album The Alien Jams from peakrec.com, which is my best digital guitar electronica recording, revealed details and soundscapes I've not heard before....attack and lyricism on Ajja's incredible guitar work was unparalleled, and bass approached Aurisonic 2.0 levels....a WOW experience!!
Good to hear, hopefully I'll receive them soon but faith is slipping away.

May 7, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #1,673 of 2,949
Well, Bob said this on the 3rd of April - "
Everything else we had in build was pretty much done on time, Master, Vyrus V2, AD and Air.
Huge swathes of people have had confirmations and have stuff on the way.
I just want to make it clear it is only the Master 6 and Hunter that we had been so far behind on...
PM6 and Hunter had shipped, just not all of them.
Master, Vyrus, AD and Airs etc are shipping now, all of the UK Master, Vyrus and AD should be cleared by tomorrow
."Re. PM6 - We have been shipping them as we build them. Vast majority have headed to Asia.

Seriously? Everyone should have got their AD by now at least, and PM6 in Asia.
How was this statement accurate? And why can't customers be told where everything actually is?

May 9, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #1,674 of 2,949
Well, Bob said this on the 3rd of April - "
Everything else we had in build was pretty much done on time, Master, Vyrus V2, AD and Air.
Huge swathes of people have had confirmations and have stuff on the way.
I just want to make it clear it is only the Master 6 and Hunter that we had been so far behind on...
PM6 and Hunter had shipped, just not all of them.
Master, Vyrus, AD and Airs etc are shipping now, all of the UK Master, Vyrus and AD should be cleared by tomorrow
."Re. PM6 - We have been shipping them as we build them. Vast majority have headed to Asia.

Seriously? Everyone should have got their AD by now at least, and PM6 in Asia.
How was this statement accurate? And why can't customers be told where everything actually is?

Bob lied.

May 10, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #1,677 of 2,949
And still waiting for a tracking number.........
No answer on my e-mail.

Good to hear, hopefully I'll receive them soon but faith is slipping away.

I just got message from the mail that mine have finally arrived (I'm in Finland ). It seem to be that everyone will be getting their Masters very soon, but most of UK and US people seem to have gotten theirs way earlier.

May 10, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,678 of 2,949
FWIW I emailed Jake about my orders. Received an Email about 24hrs later telling my Master was about to be shipped. I received tracking information the next day, and I have had my Masters for about a week or 2 now. As for the Hunter I was told soon, the same for the AIR. But since there are issues with the AIR who knows when that will get shipped. At least I have one product, and that I am happy and grateful.

I will give Trinity this, they give you a nice package when you finally get one. All those filters, tips etc. all in a nice box. So for now I am 1/3, and from what I am reading here that is better than quite a few. I truly hope everybody gets what they ordered soon and that goes for me too. I can live without the AIRS as Kickstarter almost never works as intended, but the Hunter is the big ticket item I hope to see and hear soon...

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #1,679 of 2,949
FWIW I emailed Jake about my orders. Received an Email about 24hrs later telling my Master was about to be shipped. I received tracking information the next day, and I have had my Masters for about a week or 2 now. As for the Hunter I was told soon, the same for the AIR. But since there are issues with the AIR who knows when that will get shipped. At least I have one product, and that I am happy and grateful.

I will give Trinity this, they give you a nice package when you finally get one. All those filters, tips etc. all in a nice box. So for now I am 1/3, and from what I am reading here that is better than quite a few. I truly hope everybody gets what they ordered soon and that goes for me too. I can live without the AIRS as Kickstarter almost never works as intended, but the Hunter is the big ticket item I hope to see and hear soon...
Yeah, I'm also 1/3 at the moment. We got an update for the Airs about further development on its problems, but as you said, we could really use some concrete info on the Hunters. I'm enjoying my Vyrus 2 in the meantime though.

May 11, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #1,680 of 2,949
I must admit I was about to lose my patience; even though I consider myself a Trinity fanboy, I had become upset for Bob not showing on Head-Fi threads any more, and barely posting on social media.
I was wondering where all (the absence, the lack of transparency, the products not being delivered) this would lead to, and was even unsure I'd see my preorders any time soon.
Having had fit issues with the Master4, I was also afraid the Master would not fit me.

But I did receive my Master yesterday.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the parcel was "God, they slipped in the balanced cable, a case, and a pack of Kombis - How can you get mad at these guys: they're doing all they can to fix past mistakes!". Well, if they're waiting for balanced cable to be in stock, no wonder deliveries got delayed!

When I had a moment for myself yesterday evening, I tried my new IEM, and I must say it had been a long time I hadn't been as immediately impressed with an IEM! With most of them, I am facing a "learning curve" in how to appreciate them, but with these it hasn't been the case.
I have had 2 listening sessions of parts of well known albums, one with the gunmetal filter, the other with the gold one - blue and green filters are on my waiting list.
I can't post impressions after merely one hour of actively listening to them, but my first impressions are that the Master seems to be the best IEM Trinity has released yet!
Build quality is outstanding, sound is detailed, precise, but remains engaging, fit is good for me...

To those losing patience - which I do understand: hold on, they are worth the wait!

How Trinity has been handling things lately will need to be improved for sure, but there are three things no one can deny: (1) thes guys are releasing products that are, soundwise, of great quality, (2) they are offering outstanding price/performance ratio and, most importantly (3) what they are doing is alway in the customer's best interest (remember that most things that have been implemented are due to community feedback - the only exception I can see to that is the new cable system, which by the way seems to be of excellent quality).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back