TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Jan 18, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #91 of 3,867
Yeah m7 and m9 using exactly same driver and housing and tuned similarly, with m9 more extended in trebles. Well, i also dont expect the i3 on m7 level but let see when they are arrived. Thanks for chip in

DSC06829.JPG TRI I3 on sale $135 + ISN AG8 $200 + Moondrop foams.= TOTL level sonics. This combo is jaw dropping. You guys want your Tri I3 to be stupid high end sounding. Grab this cable. Ya I know it is more than the phones. Everyone should have a nice pure silver cable in their collection IMO anyway but this cable shows me just high the TRi I3 can scale.

You love your Tri I3. Hows about even a more expansive sound w a higher resolution and detail from your Tri I3. No joke.

This is my review on the cable by the way https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-ag8.24135/reviews#review-23135 I am gonna tell you guys here. Out of all my earphones I tried these cables on. IT is the Tri I3 that these cables matched up the best with.

I think the only real knock I have against the Tri I3. I wish they used better mmcx jacks. The one they are using is a bit questionable. On my particular pair the left side is always loose vs the right when using aftermarket cables. I haven't had any sound cut outs but the shell freely rotates. Room for some improvement there.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #92 of 3,867
TRI I3 on sale $135 + ISN AG8 $200 + Moondrop foams.= TOTL level sonics. This combo is jaw dropping. You guys want your Tri I3 to be stupid high end sounding. Grab this cable. Ya I know it is more than the phones. Everyone should have a nice pure silver cable in their collection IMO anyway but this cable shows me just high the TRi I3 can scale.

You love your Tri I3. Hows about even a more expansive sound w a higher resolution and detail from your Tri I3. No joke.

This is my review on the cable by the way https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-ag8.24135/reviews#review-23135 I am gonna tell you guys here. Out of all my earphones I tried these cables on. IT is the Tri I3 that these cables matched up the best with.

I think the only real knock I have against the Tri I3. I wish they used better mmcx jacks. The one they are using is a bit questionable. On my particular pair the left side is always loose vs the right when using aftermarket cables. I haven't had any sound cut outs but the shell freely rotates. Room for some improvement there.

so is it H40>i3 or i3>H40? :ksc75smile: both are on the way anyway..

Jan 18, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #93 of 3,867
Is it possible to have a more detailed comparison between the i3 and the a6? I am very close to purchasing the A6.
On the side note, can you make a preference or ranking list that compares iems' from different price range <100, 100-200, 200-300 etc based your huge collection?
Btw how does the obravo compares to the i3? Both have a planar driver.
And how does the spring 1 stacks up against the A6? Both tribid.
Thanks.
I3 to a6:

the i3 has the upper hand in mids (of course), bass can go deeper but not as detailed as a6, separation is a tad better in the a6 though tunning is more in v shape giving it less details, treble extension in the a6 is better (I just feel it more natural. Though highs are untamed in the a6 and can go crazy, what I did is set a bit of foam inside the filter to help it tame em)

the tri has way better details overall in the mids but I don’t buy it’s highs, soundstage ain’t as wide as the a6, it reminds me a lot of the p1 whereas it’s not a massive soundstage but you can tell each instrument and it doesn’t feel clogged in any moment, layering it reminds me a lot of the rah but in a smaller soundstage. fit is good in both of em for me, but I have to give it to the i3 in quality since as I said, I own 2 pairs of lz a6 and both of em die on me after a little bit and I have to let it rest to come back to life.

the i3 presents an amazing package and does everything good with almost no wrongs, just it’s highs ain’t my cup of tea, lacking a bit more extension and realism, Bass is outstanding and well, again, those mids are lush and exquisite.

About the Cupid, man those could do so much good, but 1 need to file down the pin connector to change the cable, 2 need good tips (whirlwinds that come with it are quite amazing, but I go more with something with a longer and sturdier nozzle like a07 from acoustune and the bass tips from the yb04, the soundstage is wide but is flat, like seriously flat, it’s really source dependent and has this odd veiled sensation with bad recordings, I like to pair it with my little bear and the xd05. Just straight from a dap it ain’t that good

The spring1 is one of the best headphones I own, against the lz a6 it just feels more like a single dynamic driver. You know that fee, when you tell the sound is there, present, rich, with rumble? That’s the spring1, I actually sold the lcd thinking that even though it was the perfect replacement, those are some of the best mids in the market, it is more detailed than the a6 and the bass ain’t as deep but it does fulfill its task, I prefer em over many headphones I own

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #94 of 3,867
I3 to a6:

the i3 has the upper hand in mids (of course), bass can go deeper but not as detailed as a6, separation is a tad better in the a6 though tunning is more in v shape giving it less details, treble extension in the a6 is better (I just feel it more natural. Though highs are untamed in the a6 and can go crazy, what I did is set a bit of foam inside the filter to help it tame em)

the tri has way better details overall in the mids but I don’t buy it’s highs, soundstage ain’t as wide as the a6, it reminds me a lot of the p1 whereas it’s not a massive soundstage but you can tell each instrument and it doesn’t feel clogged in any moment, layering it reminds me a lot of the rah but in a smaller soundstage. fit is good in both of em for me, but I have to give it to the i3 in quality since as I said, I own 2 pairs of lz a6 and both of em die on me after a little bit and I have to let it rest to come back to life.

the i3 presents an amazing package and does everything good with almost no wrongs, just it’s highs ain’t my cup of tea, lacking a bit more extension and realism, Bass is outstanding and well, again, those mids are lush and exquisite.

About the Cupid, man those could do so much good, but 1 need to file down the pin connector to change the cable, 2 need good tips (whirlwinds that come with it are quite amazing, but I go more with something with a longer and sturdier nozzle like a07 from acoustune and the bass tips from the yb04, the soundstage is wide but is flat, like seriously flat, it’s really source dependent and has this odd veiled sensation with bad recordings, I like to pair it with my little bear and the xd05. Just straight from a dap it ain’t that good

The spring1 is one of the best headphones I own, against the lz a6 it just feels more like a single dynamic driver. You know that fee, when you tell the sound is there, present, rich, with rumble? That’s the spring1, I actually sold the lcd thinking that even though it was the perfect replacement, those are some of the best mids in the market, it is more detailed than the a6 and the bass ain’t as deep but it does fulfill its task, I prefer em over many headphones I own
Interesting. I feel like the I3 is superior to the spring 1 in most ways now at about 200 hours...

How would you compare the I3 and the IMR Rah? In interested in the Rah/pb1 right now but am really wondering if the diminishing returns problem would be a big factor between the two sets. A 15mm DD sure does sound nice though....

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #95 of 3,867
Can someone post some pictures of the Tri i3 incomparison to some other iems I have in my signature? Looks very big and worrying if they even fit me, but otherwise Interested in them. Sounds like they are a mix of the Shuoer Tape and Tin Hifi P1.

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #96 of 3,867
here is a comparison with Shoure Tape and Tin P1 and in terms of sound i prefer them now compared with the others.. i use that super thick silver plated Electro Acousti cable wich works amazing with it..
Thats why i call them earpotatoes :wink:

37718072uu.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #97 of 3,867
here is a comparison with Shoure Tape and Tin P1 and in terms of sound i prefer them now compared with the others.. i use that super thick silver plated Electro Acousti cable wich works amazing with it..
Thats why i call them earpotatoes :wink:

37718072uu.jpg

Thats huge! Are they as heavy as they looked too? How is the comfort?

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #98 of 3,867
Actually the p1 feel heavier... i3 are very comfortable and full fit in your ear.. with big enough tips they just touch your ear on one side a bit... i am not a fan of that size really.. my tapes are perfect in this task.. but since the tri i3 have such an organic shape its ok...so not as annoying as i thought.. i am just not a IEM fan at home.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #99 of 3,867
Hello everyone! I am new here and I created an account just to be able to share my first impressions of the I3. It's that good!

I have some very respectable iems in my collection and this sound is really mature! The word I want to use is smooth. Nothing sounds harsh and no part seems overpowering. For the price tag, this is off the charts (and I have the Blon03).

Might post more after some time with them but they are a clear winner.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #100 of 3,867
Hello everyone! I am new here and I created an account just to be able to share my first impressions of the I3. It's that good!

I have some very respectable iems in my collection and this sound is really mature! The word I want to use is smooth. Nothing sounds harsh and no part seems overpowering. For the price tag, this is off the charts (and I have the Blon03).

Might post more after some time with them but they are a clear winner.
Welcome and sorry for your wallet.

What other iems do you have?

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #102 of 3,867
Welcome and sorry for your wallet.

What other iems do you have?
I know! My wallet has been suffering for a few months already.
My collection includes Westone UMPro 50, Shure SE846, AKG 3003, Fearless Roland and EJ07 rebrand. Half of these are going soon though!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #103 of 3,867
I know! My wallet has been suffering for a few months already.
My collection includes Westone UMPro 50, Shure SE846, AKG 3003, Fearless Roland and EJ07 rebrand. Half of these are going soon though!

so are they catching up to your much more pricier IEMs?

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #105 of 3,867
Can you compare the i3 vs k3003 vs ej07 rebrand? Would be interesting...
I will when I get some time and after getting a bit more time with these. Initial impression that that the EJ07 is the king of separation, K3003 is great at getting the whole spectrum without bloating or emphasising anything but it can be a bit boring when compared to EJ07. What immediately struck me with the TRI I3 is how sweet the mids and vocals are. Something about the mids is just smooth and so easy to listen to.
I'll try to get more detailed info later. Keep in mind I am only some dude who spends more money than he should on these things and not even an amateur reviewer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back