TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Jan 15, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #76 of 3,867
I agree! will do some Tape A/B form time to time but overall they are so well rounded and pleasant to listen to... with punch and amazing detail

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #77 of 3,867
Yep. Loving mine too.
Very tight lows that seamlessly integrates into vast mid frequencies with oh so sweet sounding highs. Coupled with tons of micro detail and convincing timbre retrieval, we have a winner for sub $200 here.
I was extremely worried about these only having an 8mm DD of unknown specs in them given I'm a total basshead.

I'm totally surprised by how deep, and how much quantity it can throw out. The math doesn't add up to me how these can match the bass on the spring1 with it's 13mm DD.

4*4π is quite a bit less than 6.5*6.5π ....... That they're even on the same level is blowing my mind.

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #79 of 3,867
8E7D541B-146F-416F-BD66-E8BC3C34F154.jpeg

I absolutely loving the TRI i3’s sound presentation. Sooo transparent like my speaker setup. Listening to Bach flute concertos like I am sitting there inside the concert hall.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #81 of 3,867
This is a promising pair, but I'm torn between this and KXXS, would love to see how they go head to head with each other.

I3 all the way, kxxs is a really nice dd but the i3 capabilities are better. Soundstage, 3d imaging and overall quality of sound.

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #82 of 3,867
I3 all the way, kxxs is a really nice dd but the i3 capabilities are better. Soundstage, 3d imaging and overall quality of sound.

Dude what a collection, dont tell me your address I will rob your house!
Btw how is the i3 compared to A6?

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #83 of 3,867
Dude what a collection, dont tell me your address I will rob your house!
Btw how is the i3 compared to A6?
Thanks man, I’m actually thinking of thinnin the herd, I think I’ll sell a couple of things in a couple of weeks, the luna from dunu are making lol

it’s so funny to talk about the a6 cause I own 2 pairs (and currently I’m using one right now as I write) I love em with final e tips, seriously dig this pair... yet my pairs suffer from a volume gradual decrease, I’ve expressed my concern to the company (lz) and here in head fi, both pairs I own paired with the red nozzles do this, and it’s something I can barely stand. The bass and treble extension on em is top notch, bass is detailed and big, layering is outstanding and it’s v shaped tunning is something quite interesting, those 20 minutes that I can use em without em going crazy are quite enjoyable, I wish they just did their job properly. Some people say that changing the filter does the trick, but I like my red filter therefor I want it to work properly (rant over)

the i3 mids are second to none and the bass goes deep, I thought fit would’ve been an issue but nope, quite comfy tbh. I feel the treble a bit off for my taste but I’m cool with em. Excellent pair for the price

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #84 of 3,867
Thanks man, I’m actually thinking of thinnin the herd, I think I’ll sell a couple of things in a couple of weeks, the luna from dunu are making lol

it’s so funny to talk about the a6 cause I own 2 pairs (and currently I’m using one right now as I write) I love em with final e tips, seriously dig this pair... yet my pairs suffer from a volume gradual decrease, I’ve expressed my concern to the company (lz) and here in head fi, both pairs I own paired with the red nozzles do this, and it’s something I can barely stand. The bass and treble extension on em is top notch, bass is detailed and big, layering is outstanding and it’s v shaped tunning is something quite interesting, those 20 minutes that I can use em without em going crazy are quite enjoyable, I wish they just did their job properly. Some people say that changing the filter does the trick, but I like my red filter therefor I want it to work properly (rant over)

the i3 mids are second to none and the bass goes deep, I thought fit would’ve been an issue but nope, quite comfy tbh. I feel the treble a bit off for my taste but I’m cool with em. Excellent pair for the price

I keep hearing good things about i3 mids, how is that compared to your M9 as i have the M7 for comparison. I got my i3 on the way, just curious. I like M7 mids that being forwarded, bring up so many details with depth, never shouty while very clear, with decent weight.

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #86 of 3,867
Wow surprised what this pair can do

How about comparing i3 with Bqeyz Spring 1 and Tanchjim Oxygen?
Don't have the oxygen, but the spring 1 requires a lot of EQ to sound nearly as good as the I3.... And in the end the mids and timbre of the I3 are just better. The soundstage of the spring 1 is interesting and wide but not very natural sounding to me, whereas the soundstage on the I3 is normal and spacious and precise.

OOTB tuning isn't even close, the I3 is much better, but with EQ on the spring 1 it's at least of competitive-ish.

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #87 of 3,867
Wow surprised what this pair can do

How about comparing i3 with Bqeyz Spring 1 and Tanchjim Oxygen?
Bass in the spring 1 has more authority, mids are around the same area, though the i3 has the upper hand with the planar, soundstage depth is way superior in the spring1 but that’s a design thing, treble is better in the spring 1 imo, more natural. I do prefer the spring 1 if it came to choose one of both, details are more natural and sound is more like a dd rather than feeling the 3 drivers doing independent things, holographic is better on the I3 definitely but depth and sense of “full headphone” experience the spring 1 has the upper hand, even though the soundstage ain’t wide though, the spring 1 reminds me a lot to a pair of audeze lcd2c that I had

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #88 of 3,867
I keep hearing good things about i3 mids, how is that compared to your M9 as i have the M7 for comparison. I got my i3 on the way, just curious. I like M7 mids that being forwarded, bring up so many details with depth, never shouty while very clear, with decent weight.
I haven’t heard the m7, but it’s totally different beast, the m9 is quite something apart from everything I’ve ever heard, being one of the best totl around imo, mids and bass are superior in the m9 by a lot, details, soundstage, imaging... the m9 has the upper hand with its ba configuration, soundstage feels immense and open even though the nozzle in the m9 is so little

Jan 18, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #89 of 3,867
I haven’t heard the m7, but it’s totally different beast, the m9 is quite something apart from everything I’ve ever heard, being one of the best totl around imo, mids and bass are superior in the m9 by a lot, details, soundstage, imaging... the m9 has the upper hand with its ba configuration, soundstage feels immense and open even though the nozzle in the m9 is so little

Yeah m7 and m9 using exactly same driver and housing and tuned similarly, with m9 more extended in trebles. Well, i also dont expect the i3 on m7 level but let see when they are arrived. Thanks for chip in

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #90 of 3,867

Is it possible to have a more detailed comparison between the i3 and the a6? I am very close to purchasing the A6.
On the side note, can you make a preference or ranking list that compares iems' from different price range <100, 100-200, 200-300 etc based your huge collection?
Btw how does the obravo compares to the i3? Both have a planar driver.
And how does the spring 1 stacks up against the A6? Both tribid.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back