Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Nov 20, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #78 of 546
I was able to get the unit in my mailbox today and it's working beautifully. 
biggrin.gif

The customer service from Gavin was top notch! It only took less than a week to arrive to US all the way from Hong Kong. many thanks to him for this! 
tongue.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #80 of 546
Quote:
I was able to get the unit in my mailbox today and it's working beautifully. 
biggrin.gif

The customer service from Gavin was top notch! It only took less than a week to arrive to US all the way from Hong Kong. many thanks to him for this! 
tongue.gif

Not surprised there at all. I had an issue with my silver cable and it was replaced rather quickly :).

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #81 of 546
I've got to say that Gavin at Tralucent is great to work with, especially considering this isn't an expensive piece. He has been very helpful in answering questions in a very timely and honest way.

Mine's on the way now...

Edit -- Apparently US Customs works on Thanksgiving Day

​​Your item cleared United States Customs at 8:26 am on November 22, 2012.

Edit -- Delivered today, Friday. Earliest impressions of sonic quality are very positive. I'll be enjoying it this weekend, for sure!

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #84 of 546
Is that a mini- or a micro-USB connector on the back?

I've always got a micro-USB charger around for my cell phone, but the mini ones are harder to come by. 

If a mini, has anyone found a decent adapter that takes less than a month to come via Swiss Post slow boat from China?

(I could spend $6 on Amazon, but that seems excessive)

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #86 of 546
Quote:
Is that a mini- or a micro-USB connector on the back?

I've always got a micro-USB charger around for my cell phone, but the mini ones are harder to come by. 

If a mini, has anyone found a decent adapter that takes less than a month to come via Swiss Post slow boat from China?

(I could spend $6 on Amazon, but that seems excessive)

It is called a mini-B USB connection. Check your old phone charger cables - they used to be minis. Or Ebay?

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #87 of 546
Just got mine, Gavin was great, this is an exceptional device.  

Thanks for everyone's comment on the forum, it pushed me over 
the edge and went with something new.

I spent a week going over every combination, and after checking out
various combinations of DACs and Amps.

I really just wanted a AMP without EQ circuitry.  So even though
everyone of these devices is excellent, I went with the Tralucent T1

These were the various devices under consideration

JDSlabs 02+ODAC
JDSlabs C421
Practical Devices XM6
Leckerton UHA-4/UHA-6
Electric Avenues PA2V2
Ray Samuels Stepdance
Lake People G103 (This looks like a really awesome devices IMHO)

Review:

I was immediately scared by this device, there were sounds and placements of sounds that I had not heard
from the source music I usually listen to.  

I cannot really give the long winded and dense descriptions some people have but suffice to say
there was a vertical placement of sounds I was pleasantly surprised with,  a general sharp but warm 
character to the sound.  Reverb-ed drums really carried well,  and from my sense the stereo pan really
tapers so smoothly to infinity on the pan.

This amp really works nicely with my Ortofon EQ-5 and Sennheiser HD25-1 II cans.

Please qualify my reference source being the lowest possible setup, to really get a sense

Iphone3gs->Tralucent T1->Orotofon EQ5   (AWESOME)
Iphone3gs->Tralucent T!->HD25-1 II (Considering the ranger and dynamics of these they sound GREAT)

Well thanks all and Thanks to Gavin

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #89 of 546
Quote:

Glad you are enjoying these as well. And glad to see the few of us on this thread are no longer the only ones who enjoy this gem of a portable amp.

True enough. But I bet you it will spread like  a wild fire. It really is that good of an amp. Don't judge it just right out of the box though. It took 200 hours for me to decide I had to have it. It continued changing well after 250 hours and at that point, WOW. Very good amp. Very neutral yet very detailed. Bass goes deeper it seems, treble reaches farther, The placement of the sound staging from both vertical to horizontal is superb. It gives a very good balance and sense of spacial cues due to this. This is what makes each frequency stand out even more IMO.

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #90 of 546
Quote:
True enough. But I bet you it will spread like  a wild fire. It really is that good of an amp. Don't judge it just right out of the box though. It took 200 hours for me to decide I had to have it. It continued changing well after 250 hours and at that point, WOW. Very good amp. Very neutral yet very detailed. Bass goes deeper it seems, treble reaches farther, The placement of the sound staging from both vertical to horizontal is superb. It gives a very good balance and sense of spacial cues due to this. This is what makes each frequency stand out even more IMO.

Actually funnily enough I thought the amp was slightly warmish on the lower end of the spectrum but after burn-in the amp became more transparent and the neutral sound was evident. It is indeed a splendid amp disregarding the inexpensive price-tag. But since most people do consider costs I'm sure they won't mind!  It's a win-win situation. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back