Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Nov 13, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #61 of 546
Quote:
Strange because I am able to charge and listen at the same time although my unit does get noticeably warm so I generally don't do this....

Seriously?!! Maybe it is because I have no power management setting on my Root USB hubs on my PC or perhaps a ground loop since the DAC is being charged via USB as well (and another USB cable for digital streaming). Just got a whining noise - maybe it is my setup. I will check on the laptop later on...

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #64 of 546
Just tried via wall plug and 1A charger and I can listen to music at the same time. Only issue was that there was a bit of noise - may need to start sourcing other USB wall chargers..

EDIT: Any background noise with you Lee? Both my chargers had background noise but using same outlet so I will try another later on.

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #65 of 546
is this amp better than UHA-6.MKII(8610) in term of mids and trible? assuming that i am using SE535LTD-J with BladurMK2 cables

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #66 of 546
Quote:
is this amp better than UHA-6.MKII(8610) in term of mids and trible? assuming that i am using SE535LTD-J with BladurMK2 cables

The presentation is different. I find the width and depth on this amp to be better than on the UHA6. The shures already have quite an in your head sound so not really sure what you would prefer.

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #67 of 546
Quote:
Just tried via wall plug and 1A charger and I can listen to music at the same time. Only issue was that there was a bit of noise - may need to start sourcing other USB wall chargers..

EDIT: Any background noise with you Lee? Both my chargers had background noise but using same outlet so I will try another later on.

What's strange is I don't seem to hear this noise when using my wall warts. I'm wondering if it just has something to do with locations? I always plug into a surge protector, not sure if that helps any.

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #68 of 546
I just received my T1 amp today in the mailbox and it's charging right now :D 
But, there's a strange problem.. Although I'm charging it at the moment, the amp isn't turning on. It's been about 30 min since the charge. I did indeed put in the battery by removing 4 screws haha.I also tried turning on the amp after disconnecting from charging, but it still won't turn on with the blue light in the front indicator.. I also tried hooking it up with the headphone and the source to see if it was just the indicator that was the problem, nothing is coming out from the headphone. 

Does the unit only turn on after the first full charge or after certain amount of time? I'm kind of worried that the unit might be defective.. :frowning2:

EDIT: Okay it is now fully charged.. Nevertheless, the amp still will not turn on. Ahh, does this mean I have to send it back to Australia? :'(
Any techy friends out there, want to give me some suggestions on how it possibly can be fixed? Thanks! 

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #69 of 546
Quote:
But, there's a strange problem.. Although I'm charging it at the moment, the amp isn't turning on. It's been about 30 min since the charge. I did indeed put in the battery by removing 4 screws haha.I also tried turning on the amp after disconnecting from charging, but it still won't turn on with the blue light in the front indicator.. I also tried hooking it up with the headphone and the source to see if it was just the indicator that was the problem, nothing is coming out from the headphone. 

Does the unit only turn on after the first full charge or after certain amount of time? I'm kind of worried that the unit might be defective.. :frowning2:

EDIT: Okay it is now fully charged.. Nevertheless, the amp still will not turn on. Ahh, does this mean I have to send it back to Australia? :'(
Any techy friends out there, want to give me some suggestions on how it possibly can be fixed? Thanks! 

Sounds like it may be Defective. What a shame :frowning2:. So you had to put the battery in? Did you make sure to plug it in correctly? There is switch you have to turn on and off (I'm sure you've tried the switch in the back right?) :p.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #70 of 546
Quote:

What's strange is I don't seem to hear this noise when using my wall warts. I'm wondering if it just has something to do with locations? I always plug into a surge protector, not sure if that helps any.

Hmm yeh I am running it through a surge board. Even tried an extension lead to another outlet (so its on a separate circuit in the house) still very light background noise. Not too fussed anyway as I am always near electrical outlet of some type...Also, didn't have it plugged into DAC. Must be crappy electrical system at home..

Quote:

When I got mine I switched it on and the amp had a few hours of charge already. I would have imagined yours to switch on. So obviously RED Charging LED is turning on when charging? And stops displaying on full charge? If the LED isn't turning on switch the USB charging cable as this would suggest the cable fault rather than the amp itself. If you have a multimeter  maybe check voltage of the battery and if you want the mAh of the battery if you are concerned the battery itself is at fault.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #71 of 546
Haha yup, it turns out the amp is defective, not the battery. The red LED indicator does turn on when it's charging. I tried with another non rechargeable battery that I have at home, but the amp would still not work. no luck there.. :frowning2:

The new unit is arriving from Hong Kong by Saturday so I guess that's a relief. 

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #72 of 546

Quote:
Haha yup, it turns out the amp is defective, not the battery. The red LED indicator does turn on when it's charging. I tried with another non rechargeable battery that I have at home, but the amp would still not work. no luck there.. :frowning2:

The new unit is arriving from Hong Kong by Saturday so I guess that's a relief. 

Oh ok. A bit more of a wait then. Keep us informed! Are you using it with IEMs? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back