Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Nov 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #91 of 546
Quote:

Actually funnily enough I thought the amp was slightly warmish on the lower end of the spectrum but after burn-in the amp became more transparent and the neutral sound was evident. It is indeed a splendid amp disregarding the inexpensive price-tag. But since most people do consider costs I'm sure they won't mind!  It's a win-win situation. 
beerchug.gif

That's just it. It's still neutral but still has emphasis on all 3 areas (bass, treble, mids). Very nice emphasis on bass and treble IMO. I think this emphasis on the bass also compliments the mid range as well :). I agree though that initially this amp is more noticeably warm and treble could be a bit harsh. But after the burn in period all is G :wink:.

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #92 of 546
Running the amp through more paces.....

total is 4 hours listening, 16 hours burn, 4 hours listening, then
Last night did a 8 hour pink noise, then 8 hour freq sweep from 10-20khz.
total time: 40 hours. with a 3 hour break to charge.

Started re listening to source day 3, and i definitely even notice the improvements 
from day over day.

My initial reaction was this is, how would i say a "ooey-gooey" sound like very sweet, it was excellent
no fault improvement, mind you.  
Now it is really opening up the lower range, thumps are becoming more defined or granular. 
Still surprised with how good vertical seperation is, the placement of instruments.

This amp is ripping, i find myself smiling at getting to groove out undisturbed

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #93 of 546
Quote:
Running the amp through more paces.....

total is 4 hours listening, 16 hours burn, 4 hours listening, then
Last night did a 8 hour pink noise, then 8 hour freq sweep from 10-20khz.
total time: 40 hours. with a 3 hour break to charge.

This amp is ripping, i find myself smiling at getting to groove out undisturbed

Lol now that's what I call some seriously geeky burn-in..no offence intended. 

BTW for all reading I found this quick blurb regarding the T1 amp vs O2 amp on the main Tralucent Audio thread...(I am not sure if I am allowed to post links to other threads since it isn't my post. Figured it's called the appreciation thread for a reason even though it isn't my experience.please let me know mods)...

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #94 of 546
I just wanted to make sure i represented a large range of dynamics, plus i was 
breaking in some IEMs at the same time.  LOL.

As for geeking out, this website has ruined my life.  How can i describe the various
nuances of amplification, planar magnetics, impedance and the general elitism of
audiophiledom to a non initiate?

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #95 of 546
You don't -- there will be people that love the sound of a specific cartridge, amp, or speaker/headphone/IEM because of the way that it modifies the sound to meet their taste. You can't argue with that.

On the other hand, I'm struggling with the words for how I much I am enjoying my T1. Somehow "I have yet to hear anything surprising from my T1," just doesn't convey how impressed I am with it. If you come from a "straight wire with gain" point of view, it is more that the T1 is damn good at revealing flaws with other components and allowing what you do have to reveal all their own points, both good and bad.

I will say that it makes both my Etys sound even better than I have heard before...

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #96 of 546
Quote:

Lol now that's what I call some seriously geeky burn-in..no offence intended. 

BTW for all reading I found this quick blurb regarding the T1 amp vs O2 amp on the main Tralucent Audio thread...(I am not sure if I am allowed to post links to other threads since it isn't my post. Figured it's called the appreciation thread for a reason even though it isn't my experience.please let me know mods)...

Nice link, nk77! I like his description and it makes sense now why the T1 sounds so brilliant with my SE535 LEs (+baldur cable) and also with my Re272s.

I was blown away by my Re272s the other day when using the T1. The 272s have the uncanny ability to scale indefinitely it seems. I completely love them, but generally choose my 535s because they have just a touch more bass. With the T1 the other day, the 272s had a really nice thump and presence on the bass. They didn't become bassy, but they had me second-guessing about whether to unplug them and go for the 535s!

My UM Miracles arrive this week - very excited about that pairing... UMM+T1 might just equal audio nirvana!!

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #97 of 546
Quote:
Nice link, nk77! I like his description and it makes sense now why the T1 sounds so brilliant with my SE535 LEs (+baldur cable) and also with my Re272s.

I was blown away by my Re272s the other day when using the T1. The 272s have the uncanny ability to scale indefinitely it seems. I completely love them, but generally choose my 535s because they have just a touch more bass. With the T1 the other day, the 272s had a really nice thump and presence on the bass. They didn't become bassy, but they had me second-guessing about whether to unplug them and go for the 535s!

My UM Miracles arrive this week - very excited about that pairing... UMM+T1 might just equal audio nirvana!!

I'm sure it will. Those Miracles will destroy your SE535s and Re272s :wink:. It's already that way with my Tralucent 1Plus2 vs the IE80 and MDR-7550s. I'm selling them now to fund my 8As :p.

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #98 of 546
Could anyone else comment about the ability of the T1 to drive full sized high impedance headphones? At least compared to the O2 or UHA-6S (I've read the O2 has more power...)?
Does somebody know where to find the power specs of this amp? I can't find any info...

Thank you!

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #99 of 546
Quote:

Spec
Input Impedance: 10k ohm
Output Current: 350mA
Output Power: 1000mW / 8ohm
Gain: 3x
Frequency Response 1Hz – 100kHz

With a higher-impedance headphone, the issue is typically not the power that can be driven into 8 Ohms, but the voltage swing of the amplifier. 

My T1 drives Sennheiser HD-25 II to levels that I find more than high enough with less than half rotation of the volume pot. From the Sennheiser website:

Load rating 0.2 W
Nominal impedance 70 Ω
Sound pressure level (SPL) 120 dB (SPL)

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #100 of 546
Yeah, I have figured this out.
ClieOS gave me a good reply in his thread.
Seems like this handles low impedance much better than high, so not quite the performer I'm looking for... makes me want to buy a RE272, lol.
Thanks anyway.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #101 of 546
I can second the findings with my HD25-1 II,   these are 70 ohm cans, and from the majority
of my DJ equipment I can't drive them very well.  I have been baking my head with the T1 and
the HD25s and I use a little over half a rotation on the POT.  In some testing if I limit the source
output to the T1 to (-10db), I find that rotating beyond 80% is as hot as it can get safely for me.

As a side remark, this is very clean gain throughout, seems to scale very well without any distortion
up to max volume on the HD25-1 ii.

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #102 of 546
The T1 has enough power to create good volume out of my HD650s. It's not a perfect pairing in terms of sound dynamics (I think this is about voltage swing), but it's perfectly OK, just not as awesome as the HD650s can sound.

I can definitely vouch for the Re272s paired with the T1 - I've actually started going to them over my 535s thanks to the T1.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #103 of 546
Had an interesting revelation today. At around 9 o'clock on the volume dial, the T1 is producing around 80dB (or a little more) out of my Shure SE535s (119dB sensitivity) when driven by my iPod Video (5.5G) running at 0dB gain from RockBox via a LOD.

In other words, it's really hard with that combination to not be reaching potentially dangerous sound levels (for prolonged listening). I think I need to adjust my settings on the iPod, but thought I should also let people know how easy it is to do long-term damage to our hearing with HP amps - they're great for the sound quality, but so easy to get REALLY loud without even meaning too. I never would have believed that it was loud at <25% volume.

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #104 of 546
Quote:
Had an interesting revelation today. At around 9 o'clock on the volume dial, the T1 is producing around 80dB (or a little more) out of my Shure SE535s (119dB sensitivity) when driven by my iPod Video (5.5G) running at 0dB gain from RockBox via a LOD.

In other words, it's really hard with that combination to not be reaching potentially dangerous sound levels (for prolonged listening). I think I need to adjust my settings on the iPod, but thought I should also let people know how easy it is to do long-term damage to our hearing with HP amps - they're great for the sound quality, but so easy to get REALLY loud without even meaning too. I never would have believed that it was loud at <25% volume.

Yep I really couldn't use the amp on my desktop due to the power. The DACport LX has way too much power and I couldn't have a comfortable volume without channel imbalance with this combo. on my DX100 I use the amp at half volume and attenuate the LO of the DX100 (since it is digitally controlled). I set the DX100 around 160 to 170 generally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back