Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Feb 22, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #481 of 546

You know behind the scenes we always questioned the battery, because the symptoms that weren't lining up all pointed to a lack of power in some way, the way the stage is closed in and compressed, lacking air, or needing to pump the volume to get detail moving. I had meant to change the battery and I will go ahead and order another. I'm not saying it's a sure fix although it will be the first and logical thing to try. I will go ahead and order one now. 

We apprecaite your efforts, I understand the differences are probably sublte enough to play tricks on you

Exactly. Also knowing which one is which makes it really tricky too because you can't rule out the power of expectations.

Either way, I'm happy to help. I'll try to take some time with the batteries in the opposite amps tomorrow and report back, but it sounds like a different battery will get you sorted. The one in mine is a 650mAh Li-Polymer if you're ordering from somewhere local, otherwise I'm sure Tralucent can hook you up - Gavin is always super helpful!

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #482 of 546
i suppose this must be bad battery issue because i lack other reasons to tell why my T1 sounds superb and musical while yours is not. i also think we have similar ears with H20 so suggesting we hear it differently would be false assumption.

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #483 of 546
I have ordered another battery, but it is only 300mAh, 
mad.gif

I cannot find one 650mAh.

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #484 of 546
  Chatting to Gavin now. It might be a battery thing so I'll try switching batteries and report back...

I was going to suggest the same. The battery may be fine. Different brands and types just have an effect on a sig. It's not a circuit issue either. Looks like there's plenty of capacitive smoothing to help the battery along. The more informative a device, the more noticeable these things can become.

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #485 of 546
Well, I do finally feel important here, ie http://www.head-fi.org/t/634235/tralucent-t1-appreciation-thread-post-your-experiences-and-questions-here/420#post_10014673.  (New version of T1 came out with new battery)

So its the battery, eh?   Personally, I think all of H20's equippment is suspect due to his pet kangaroo named "Lee".   Lee has huge ears,  and H20 can't hear highs anymore, a true pair made in heaven!!!LOL!!
beerchug.gif

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #486 of 546
Well, I do finally feel important here, ie http://www.head-fi.org/t/634235/tralucent-t1-appreciation-thread-post-your-experiences-and-questions-here/420#post_10014673.  (New version of T1 came out with new battery)

So its the battery, eh?   Personally, I think all of H20's equippment is suspect due to his pet kangaroo named "Lee".   Lee has huge ears,  and H20 can't hear highs anymore, a true pair made in heaven!!!LOL!!:beerchug:  

Not sure if i understood what you said but sounds funny :D

as concerns trebles i believe many people hear it differently, for me highs must have smoothness and naturalness in extension, but many audiophiles like so called silver shimmering highs that in real music world would be considered artificially imposed. go figure :wink:

Feb 22, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #487 of 546
Not sure if i understood what you said but sounds funny
biggrin.gif

as concerns trebles i believe many people hear it differently, for me highs must have smoothness and naturalness in extension, but many audiophiles like so called silver shimmering highs that in real music world would be considered artificially imposed. go figure
wink.gif

Sorry, inside joke!!   Lee has always said he has "big ears" and H20 I believe said he damaged his ears from concerts or something.   Either way, I was just kidding, for I have learned so much from both of them, and you and Goodvibes, Flysweep and others.   I am very grateful for your friendship and knowledge.
wink_face.gif

P.S.    I am getting for the first time ever some aftermarket cables.   They are made by Nocturnal Audio.   I already have the Hydra 4, and will soon be getting his Hydra 8 and Hydra interconnect.   The Hydra 4 is a definate improvement over the stock AS2 cable, LOL, I believe any aftermarket cable would be better than that!   I plan on doing my first ever review on them on the Nocturnal Cable page.

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #488 of 546

The DX50 does very well with the T1 also. This is my portable rig for the 1plus2.  I stayed with the 1.1.6 firmware version on the DX50, but ONLY for the 1plus2. I use the latest 1.2.8 firmware with headphones (on a second DX50). I just think the 1plus2 sounds beautifully balanced across all frequencies with plenty of air using the 1.1.6 firmware - something that gets lost with the more contrasty later firmware versions.

I'm wondering if the T1 can elevate the SQ of the DX50 to the SQ of the DX100?   If so, then from my amateur logic, couldn't one save $$ and buy cheaper players and just pair with the T1?

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #490 of 546
To my ears the DX100 is still superior, but the DX50 delivers 80-90% in comparison. For portable use, even with a separate amp, it makes a great combo.

Thanks for responding!   I would think that says quite a bit for the T1 and may give more people options in terms of SQ and saving $$ on "boutique" players!LOL!

For example, an owner with the X3 and the T1 might not get the X5 if SQ were the main priority and they sound similar IE "warm" vs "bright."   I used to have the Studio V, and when it died I got the 3rd Anniv, both paired with the T1.   Yet I did hear a warmer sound from the 3rd anniv. and like the 3rd Anniv SQ better than the V even paired with the T1.   

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #491 of 546
To my ears the DX100 is still superior, but the DX50 delivers 80-90% in comparison. For portable use, even with a separate amp, it makes a great combo.

lol, that sounds bad for DX100 :p

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #493 of 546
I've finished testing the battery from H20's unit in my T1 and it definitely impacts the sound as discussed. If any T1 owners have the white, Tralucent branded battery in their unit, I can highly recommend getting a new battery. The one in mine (provided from Tralucent) is a 650mAh Li-Polymer battery.

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #494 of 546
Bump :)

I do not know what with battery in older units but i love my T1 to death, cute little inexpensive and terribly well sounding small box seduces me like no other.

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #495 of 546
Bump
smily_headphones1.gif

I do not know what with battery in older units but i love my T1 to death, cute little inexpensive and terribly well sounding small box seduces me like no other.

Where is Lee?   On Surfing Safari with H20???  

Anyway, the first main point that Gavin made to me when I got my new T1 to replace my old one with the "old" battery, was that the unit sounded from Hour One as good as my old unit with 250 hrs burnin, and he was right!!   So it could very well be that your old unit has the burnin to make it sound like the "new" battery unit.   (The second main point Gavin made was always charge the new battery unit from my PC and not a wall charger.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back