Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 27, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #6,080 of 6,404
yes
 I just need your opinion to confirm my thought, because, in general, I like copper cable more than silver cable. I like thick and forward mid and smooth treble that's why I consider copper cable. The silver/gold is nice, but if there is a copper cable from Tralucent, I think it should suit my taste more,    Yeah I want to switch to the new copper in the future. ( The Uber too is financially a bit out of reach , the copper is better for my wallet, but still I have to wait a bit) 

Then I think yes, the copper cable is right for you. And even more so with the 2.2 which suits the cables character perfectly.

May 27, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #6,081 of 6,404
Then I think yes, the copper cable is right for you. And even more so with the 2.2 which suits the cables character perfectly.

Totally agree. Tried with Therum from Norne and others but the pairing of the stock cable is class above.

May 27, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #6,082 of 6,404
Totally agree. Tried with Therum from Norne and others but the pairing of the stock cable is class above.

Quite interesting and a good insight on the Tralucent cables. When I was fiddling around the other day with Ref.1, I switched between the Toxic Cables SW and Tralucent's silver/gold. The change IMO was one of the most dramatic I've heard between two cables. The silver/gold Tralucent cable was head and shoulders above.

As you said, in a different class.

May 27, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #6,083 of 6,404
So the new stock silver/gold is that much better then the old tralucent stock cables?
The reason I ask is that the I find the whiplash cable far better than the old stock that came with my original 1p2 and Ref 1. Ergonomics are not even close - old stock was poor in that respect as far as I'm concerned (too stiff), and I prefer the whiplash SQ as well (whiplash has been more or less permanently glued to my Ref 1).

May 27, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #6,084 of 6,404
So the new stock silver/gold is that much better then the old tralucent stock cables?
The reason I ask is that the I find the whiplash cable far better than the old stock that came with my original 1p2 and Ref 1. Ergonomics are not even close - old stock was poor in that respect as far as I'm concerned (too stiff), and I prefer the whiplash SQ as well (whiplash has been more or less permanently glued to my Ref 1).

The new stock cable is a 7n OCC copper. There is not a silver gold cable anymore.

Our cables are always going to be stiffer as we will not compromise on Teflon shielding.

May 27, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #6,085 of 6,404
The new stock cable is a 7n OCC copper. There is not a silver gold cable anymore.

Our cables are always going to be stiffer as we will not compromise on Teflon shielding.

Thanks. So the silver/gold people are talking about in this thread (even recently) is still the old one? Meaning as far as current new tralucent cables the only two options are 7 n OCC copper and Uber too on all new tralucent phones?

May 27, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #6,087 of 6,404
Thanks. So the silver/gold people are talking about in this thread (even recently) is still the old one? Meaning as far as current new tralucent cables the only two options are 7 n OCC copper and Uber too on all new tralucent phones?

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the silver/gold that came with Ref.1. For what's worth I also tried the Toxic Cables Silver Widow on 2.2 between the new Tralucent copper.

Results were practically the same as my post above. Tralucent cable pulling away.

May 27, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #6,088 of 6,404
Sonically, the new stock and Uber too are like cyanide... Poisonous...Don't go near them...:grin:

Like Hotel California, you can check in anytime you like but you can never check out...because you will lose track of time just enjoying the music...:notes:

May 27, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #6,089 of 6,404
They simply sound extremely pure to me like crystal clean spring water. Part of what gives the IEM thier timbre and that high-end reproduction I always talk about. 'Class'.

May 27, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #6,090 of 6,404
Agree with Semuapunmau and H20: the Tralucent stock cables are no-compromise insofar as sonics go. Very much in keeping with Gavin's approach to IEMs. Of course, for some ergonomics and a more forgiving sonic character may be more important. Different priorities. For myself, I don't bother with any third party cables for Tralucent IEMs. :hugging:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back