1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread

First

Back
396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405
407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416
Next

Last
  1. taiyo
    I would like to recommended. if you got the silver gold cable either ver1 or ver2. not need to switch copper.

The selections are silver or copper.

2. taiyo
    For ppl, who are using uber (1st Gen), tralucent copper or uber too is the best for portable use with ultimate sound..

3. warrior1975
    What is the uBer Too made of?

4. spkrs01

Silver/Gold wire Teflon shielded then with additional Silver coil shield

H20Fidelity and warrior1975 like this.
  5. H20Fidelity Contributor

Then I think yes, the copper cable is right for you. And even more so with the 2.2 which suits the cables character perfectly.

6. Semuapunmau

Totally agree. Tried with Therum from Norne and others but the pairing of the stock cable is class above.

7. H20Fidelity Contributor

Quite interesting and a good insight on the Tralucent cables. When I was fiddling around the other day with Ref.1, I switched between the Toxic Cables SW and Tralucent's silver/gold. The change IMO was one of the most dramatic I've heard between two cables. The silver/gold Tralucent cable was head and shoulders above.

As you said, in a different class.

8. tgdinamo
    So the new stock silver/gold is that much better then the old tralucent stock cables?
    The reason I ask is that the I find the whiplash cable far better than the old stock that came with my original 1p2 and Ref 1. Ergonomics are not even close - old stock was poor in that respect as far as I'm concerned (too stiff), and I prefer the whiplash SQ as well (whiplash has been more or less permanently glued to my Ref 1).

9. spkrs01

The new stock cable is a 7n OCC copper. There is not a silver gold cable anymore.

Our cables are always going to be stiffer as we will not compromise on Teflon shielding.

10. tgdinamo

Thanks. So the silver/gold people are talking about in this thread (even recently) is still the old one? Meaning as far as current new tralucent cables the only two options are 7 n OCC copper and Uber too on all new tralucent phones?

11. spkrs01
    That would be correct...

:)

12. H20Fidelity Contributor

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the silver/gold that came with Ref.1. For what's worth I also tried the Toxic Cables Silver Widow on 2.2 between the new Tralucent copper.

Results were practically the same as my post above. Tralucent cable pulling away.

13. Semuapunmau
    Sonically, the new stock and Uber too are like cyanide... Poisonous...Don't go near them...:grin:

Like Hotel California, you can check in anytime you like but you can never check out...because you will lose track of time just enjoying the music...:notes:

14. H20Fidelity Contributor
    They simply sound extremely pure to me like crystal clean spring water. Part of what gives the IEM thier timbre and that high-end reproduction I always talk about. 'Class'.

15. Kiats
    Agree with Semuapunmau and H20: the Tralucent stock cables are no-compromise insofar as sonics go. Very much in keeping with Gavin's approach to IEMs. Of course, for some ergonomics and a more forgiving sonic character may be more important. Different priorities. For myself, I don't bother with any third party cables for Tralucent IEMs. :hugging:

First

Back
396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405
407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416
Next

Last