Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 22, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #6,167 of 6,404
Which model did you get?

AK300, and I didn't get a chance to demo AK380 or AK320 however, I'm going back very soon to try them and a few other things. Its very easy for me to demo these players, not so easy getting off my backside to actually do it. I only took the original 1Plus2 with me for testing because I know it so well and was quite satisfied with the performance so went for it.

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #6,169 of 6,404
Nice. I'm sure you'll love it. Looking forward to your impressions brother.

Well, what I'm going to do is pair the AK300 with my 2.2 and leave them complete as a set. You know... new IEM new source kind of top shelf (for me). Leave the original 1Plus2 with my DX90 as IMO that synergy is golden.

The AK has really good imaging and separation with 2.2,draws a nice picture of the music and as for a reference sound I find the pairing relatively neutral in tonality. The original 1Plus2 seems to get a little hot in the highs with AK300 (though further testing with variety of albums is required)

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #6,171 of 6,404
Spending more time today with 2.2 and AK300. I think overall the sound is a little calmer than my DX90 when using 2.2. The iBasso is quite aggressive in detail but cannot keep up with the AK300 when it comes to how controlled the bass and treble regions are, the separation and layering, the AK just draws a better picture of the music, a well laid out version.

The AK really defines each bass note clearly without any bloat or being loose and same goes for the treble regoins, very clean sounding combination using 2.2 / AK300. And its in the mid-range where it sounds a little smoother although its not 'that much' it becomes a burden or hassle. Its just a more mature sounding unit the AK300 and with 2.2 I reckon I'm pretty set for a while.

I tried the original 1Plus2 with DX90 after using 2.2 with AK300 and could really hear the bass sounding loose and a little bloated (lack of control) and the treble a slightly splashy. I don't think this was a fault of the original 1Plus2, more the DX90 making it fall sluggish. Anyway, I'm loving it, had the AK300 and 2.2 out all day. Don't think I'll need to use much else for a long while.

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #6,172 of 6,404
Spending more time today with 2.2 and AK300. I think overall the sound is a little calmer than my DX90 when using 2.2. The iBasso is quite aggressive in detail but cannot keep up with the AK300 when it comes to how controlled the bass and treble regions are, the separation and layering, the AK just draws a better picture of the music, a well laid out version.

The AK really defines each bass note clearly without any bloat or being loose and same goes for the treble regoins, very clean sounding combination using 2.2 / AK300. And its in the mid-range where it sounds a little smoother although its not 'that much' it becomes a burden or hassle. Its just a more mature sounding unit the AK300 and with 2.2 I reckon I'm pretty set for a while.

I tried the original 1Plus2 with DX90 after using 2.2 with AK300 and could really hear the bass sounding loose and a little bloated (lack of control) and the treble a slightly splashy. I don't think this was a fault of the original 1Plus2, more the DX90 making it fall sluggish. Anyway, I'm loving it, had the AK300 and 2.2 out all day. Don't think I'll need to use much else for a long while.
For a " long while" you mean 30 to 60 days? ☺

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #6,173 of 6,404
For a " long while" you mean 30 to 60 days? ☺

I see what you did there, but seriously, should be a while, until I get bored of the sound.  I have basically come to halt on audio purchases anyway and have this 'vibe' going on about using one single worthy rig (not that I'm selling anything else).

Well, how I feel atm. 

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #6,175 of 6,404
You've put a halt on purchases? Lol... You're a funny guy. You just bought the Ak300 and not long ago the 1p2.2... Glad you put "a halt"... Funny guy you are Luke!!
wink.gif

No, no no. The AK300 was a gift from a relative, although I did purchase 2.2 because... 'Tralucent'.

Nothing else for a while though. :wink:

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #6,177 of 6,404

It's funny. I went from he dx90 to ak100ii and I would describe similarly.

I always hold the dx90 in high regard. Massive bang for buck.

But it is like a teenager that is always trying to impress. In your face. Very talented but has to make sure you know about it.

The ak100ii sounded more mature. Everything was there, but it was delivered in a calm reserved way. Much like someone in their 30s who has their **** together and knows what they are good at with no need for validation.

I would imagine the ak300 exceeds the ak100ii however the theory stands ***edit*** particularly with an iem as exceedingly amazing as the 1p2.2. (now on topic :p)

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #6,178 of 6,404
It's funny. I went from he dx90 to ak100ii and I would describe similarly.

I always hold the dx90 in high regard. Massive bang for buck.

But it is like a teenager that is always trying to impress. In your face. Very talented but has to make sure you know about it.

The ak100ii sounded more mature. Everything was there, but it was delivered in a calm reserved way. Much like someone in their 30s who has their **** together and knows what they are good at with no need for validation.

I would imagine the ak300 exceeds the ak100ii however the theory stands

Yeah, that's how it sounds basically. The DX90 is rather vibrant and overly energetic, (quite good detail from the Sabre DACs) but it caves when it comes to control in the low-end and highs, the layering is cramped/smeared. I've used the DX90 for so long with 1Plus2 (and 2.2 a little) that I became used to that high energy sound, often at higher volumes, all about bulk detail.

The AK unit seems to give me a better experience at lower to moderate volume, there's no need to crank up the steam (although it will if you crank the volume up with pleasure). I just find a better listening experience with the Kern at cruising pace. I'll also say I have heard samples I've not heard before on some tracks I know well, or at least much clearer than they've ever been before.

I must state though the 2.2 itself is an excellent IEM, the AK DAP has a good set of receivers complimenting it.

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #6,179 of 6,404
Been giving this track a good thrasing on 2.2 recently.

Those who have heard 2.2 understand its vocal enchantment ability. This song brings out some of their best quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back