Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #5,281 of 6,404

Yes,Ted from the HeadphoneLounge. cant beat his prices, and turn around time.

Ted was one of the first (if not the first?) to make cables for the AK240 launch last year as the iRiver folks approached him to make demo cables in prep for the show. Personally I would have no concerns about his choice of 2.5mm TRRS &  implementation.

As for Whiplash's, I'm sure Craig will resolve it quickly - the only question is if the issue was raised early enough and made aware to him.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #5,282 of 6,404

Ted was one of the first (if not the first?) to make cables for the AK240 launch last year as the iRiver folks approached him to make demo cables in prep for the show. Personally I would have no concerns about his choice of 2.5mm TRRS &  implementation.

As for Whiplash's, I'm sure Craig will resolve it quickly - the only question is if the issue was raised early enough and made aware to him.

It should not be any problem as we are not talking rocket science here.

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #5,283 of 6,404

So I got a pretty quick response from Craig last night.
Hey!

I will have your cable shipped tomorrow (today really). The AK240 female
2.5mm is very poorly mounted. There is a variance with this PCB female
jack. Now most of this is with units in Japan.
Plus I have a much better connector now!!

So no worries..

Thank You,
Craig Sanborn

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #5,284 of 6,404
Would someone mind telling me what the Uber cable is comprised off? I'm a firm believer in good cables making a noticeable difference to the sound, but I'm curious as to what makes this more a slightly more costly cable than many. I'm currently using a Toxic cables Silver widow, which has made a significant difference to my IEMs, but frankly the Uber has caught my interest and has me intrigued :D

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #5,285 of 6,404
  Would someone mind telling me what the Uber cable is comprised off? I'm a firm believer in good cables making a noticeable difference to the sound, but I'm curious as to what makes this more a slightly more costly cable than many. I'm currently using a Toxic cables Silver widow, which has made a significant difference to my IEMs, but frankly the Uber has caught my interest and has me intrigued :D

Silver/Gold Solid Core, Special Sheathing and further SPC'd

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #5,286 of 6,404
To continue my quest for the perfect 1plus2 cable , I came across a funny cable today... it is a DIY version of DHC Peptide Hybrid OCC, this cable could make the 1plus2 very bass light. It was tested with HM-901 and this DAP is not bass light at all. Since this cable could not produce a more balance sounding for the 1plus2, I would rate it below the stock gold/silver cable. It is interesting that a cable could "filter" out the amount of bass though.

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #5,287 of 6,404
  To continue my quest for the perfect 1plus2 cable , I came across a funny cable today... it is a DIY version of DHC Peptide Hybrid OCC, this cable could make the 1plus2 very bass light. It was tested with HM-901 and this DAP is not bass light at all. Since this cable could not produce a more balance sounding for the 1plus2, I would rate it below the stock gold/silver cable. It is interesting that a cable could "filter" out the amount of bass though.

Distortion...I'd call it LOL.

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #5,288 of 6,404

Is it possible that this cable is wired out-of-phase, i.e.: +/- is reversed for one of the earpieces? I know that for in-the-room speakers light or missing bass is exactly what happens when the phase is screwed up.

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #5,289 of 6,404
Kiats,spkrs01
Thanks for the replies

I just took a short plane ride (taipei to hong kong) with C434

These customs r so comfortable that j slept for the whole plane ride. LoL

Heheh! They are indeed! I flew to NYC and back via HK last December and it was good.

Btw, too bad you can't join us in Singapore. There'll be a Tralucent showcase on Sunday, 22 June, including Tralucent cables for Fitear iems. :)

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #5,290 of 6,404
Heheh! They are indeed! I flew to NYC and back via HK last December and it was good.

Btw, too bad you can't join us in Singapore. There'll be a Tralucent showcase on Sunday, 22 June, including Tralucent cables for Fitear iems.
smily_headphones1.gif

d

Too bad I don't live in Singapore. I have been wanting to try Tralucent cables with my 335 for the longest time. I recently tried the silver/gold cable with a UM 3DD and it really took it to another level

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #5,291 of 6,404
Anyway, the announcement of the showcase is up: https://www.facebook.com/JabenSG/posts/10152055875401782:0

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #5,292 of 6,404
It has arrived!!!!! 

Okay initial impressions time.....

The solid core Uber is not as bad as I initially thought in terms of pliability, it coils easy is very very manageable. So, for you lot who is not getting this cable just cos of this, dont be afraid. Its very very manageable.

In terms of SQ..okay, imho what it does to the 1plus2 sound?? I makes it more refined in almost all areas. Better soundstage (in height and depth), Gone is the famous sibilance, Bass is more apparent but more controlled, Details didnt change to me and lastly the Cable gives the whole 1plus2 sound more body and Umpphhh....

Mind you this is only on my modded C4 pro and what the Uber brings to the table is that, now the C4 pro is on the same playing field with my Desk setup. Yeap, you heard it right, a desktop setup in my pocket...

...and TO ME, it makes the price of the UBER well worth it...10/10

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #5,293 of 6,404
It has arrived!!!!! 

Okay initial impressions time.....

The solid core Uber is not as bad as I initially thought in terms of pliability, it coils easy is very very manageable. So, for you lot who is not getting this cable just cos of this, dont be afraid. Its very very manageable.

In terms of SQ..okay, imho what it does to the 1plus2 sound?? I makes it more refined in almost all areas. Better soundstage (in height and depth), Gone is the famous sibilance, Bass is more apparent but more controlled, Details didnt change to me and lastly the Cable gives the whole 1plus2 sound more body and Umpphhh....

Mind you this is only on my modded C4 pro and what the Uber brings to the table is that, now the C4 pro is on the same playing field with my Desk setup. Yeap, you heard it right, a desktop setup in my pocket...

...and TO ME, it makes the price of the UBER well worth it...10/10

Nice pictures! :)

Jun 14, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #5,295 of 6,404
Damn guys..HOW IN THE WORLD does the UBER do this??? HOW??

Im closing my eyes now, listening in amazement..my pulse is doing double time...Excited? yes? This also shows the bass goes deep down..reaaaaal deep..

and the soundstage...OMG the soundstage!!!

AAAARGGGGHHHHHH...going insane!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back