Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Apr 8, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #5,086 of 6,404
I just simply use a small piece of scotch tape (the light brown looking one) and fold it into a rectangle piece (cut out). That makes it where my pieces don't fall out unless I pull them out purposely. This is with months of usage.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #5,087 of 6,404

Only high end iem I have is SE5way, which is silicone earpiece ciem, I have no fear of them fallen but I understood your situation better now. I remember other persons were also discussing that loose connection and how much it could create problem. Apparently if created quite a problem with you.

Again, sorry to hear your bad experience. I hope Gavin would be helpful in your situation.

I wouldn't let the SE5 dangle from the cable. I don't think the housing is meant to take abuse. It goes from my ears to their case or to somewhere stationary. If you mess up the sockets on the SE5 you're ****ed. It's not even recommended to be switching out cables much at all. I did it once and I won't be doing so again for longevity purposes (as well as finding that sweet spot) :p.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #5,088 of 6,404

Thankfully Gavin is very kind and has pm'ed me to help me sort it out. 
normal_smile%20.gif

Gavin is awesome, one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of meeting online

Mimouille assures us in real life he looks like Simon Yam, but I'm not so sure.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-comparisons-added-k3003-xba-h3-s-em6/2595#post_9697867

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #5,089 of 6,404

Gavin is awesome, one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of meeting online

Mimouille assures us in real life he looks like Simon Yam, but I'm not so sure.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-comparisons-added-k3003-xba-h3-s-em6/2595#post_9697867

Oh, no comparison.  Gavin is more handsome!

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #5,090 of 6,404
I have to admit I have never been too interested in the 1Plus2, but Gavin's got to be one of the nicest people I have had pleasure of dealing with. I'm sure he'd go that extra mile to take care of you and your problem.

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #5,091 of 6,404
hahaha...IMO Gavin looks more like a British guy rather than a HK chinese, maybe he stayed in UK for too long

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #5,092 of 6,404

I wouldn't let the SE5 dangle from the cable. I don't think the housing is meant to take abuse. It goes from my ears to their case or to somewhere stationary. If you mess up the sockets on the SE5 you're ****ed. It's not even recommended to be switching out cables much at all. I did it once and I won't be doing so again for longevity purposes (as well as finding that sweet spot) :p.

The earpiece is quite indestructible actually, just we have to pay attention to the cable connector that's all. Then again it is also quite recessed in silicone, I think they are just fine.

I also use in the same way you do. Pelican case > my ears > pelican case again
happy_face1.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #5,094 of 6,404
He is a great guy isn't he? :happy_face1:  I am happy that your situation didn't get worse. Take a good care of the new one you will be receiving.

Gavin is amazing person and true audiophile who understands music passion with heart, so he knows how painful this to lose your gear that is sounding so right.

Besides Gavin has golden ears because only having this one could develop 1p2. Believe me, i stopped bothering about upgrades after receivng 1p2, and glad to hear about new Tralucent IEM because if i decide for a new one this will be new Tralucent.

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #5,095 of 6,404
Gavin is amazing person and true audiophile who understands music passion with heart, so he knows how painful this to lose your gear that is sounding so right.

Besides Gavin has golden ears because only having this one could develop 1p2. Believe me, i stopped bothering about upgrades after receivng 1p2, and glad to hear about new Tralucent IEM because if i decide for a new one this will be new Tralucent.

I am still waiting maybe one day he would come up with a ciem
happy_face1.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #5,096 of 6,404

Hi Gintaras,

Same here.  For a period of time I don't bother until I've read the new Ref.1 will be coming out.  Committed and wait, patiently, for the new release!

Cheers

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #5,097 of 6,404
  Hi Gintaras,

Same here.  For a period of time I don't bother until I've read the new Ref.1 will be coming out.  Committed and wait, patiently, for the new release!

Cheers

I would love to see ergonomic version of uber cable (much more so than new phones). Top of the line uber SQ (with 1p2) but possible to commute with it would be a dream - that's the only thing holding me from purchasing uber (of course it's probably not possible to produce that at all or otherwise Gavin would have already done it - but if it could be done that's really the only upgrade I feel could possibly improve on my current Tera+1p2 combo).

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #5,098 of 6,404

I would love to see ergonomic version of uber cable (much more so than new phones). Top of the line uber SQ (with 1p2) but possible to commute with it would be a dream - that's the only thing holding me from purchasing uber (of course it's probably not possible to produce that at all or otherwise Gavin would have already done it - but if it could be done that's really the only upgrade I feel could possibly improve on my current Tera+1p2 combo).

Yes, Uber is not really user friendly, not to mention for on-the-go.  As I have the luxury to listen to my gear while at work and I spent an average of 4-5 hours with music over work day.  I'm using 1Plus2 with Uber and enjoy this combo ever I bought them.  However, I need to lay the uber in a way to allow it for a big turn and this is what care needs to be taken when using uber.

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #5,099 of 6,404
Yes, Uber is not really user friendly, not to mention for on-the-go.  As I have the luxury to listen to my gear while at work and I spent an average of 4-5 hours with music over work day.  I'm using 1Plus2 with Uber and enjoy this combo ever I bought them.  However, I need to lay the uber in a way to allow it for a big turn and this is what care needs to be taken when using uber.

If Gavin would make a portable uber, I might sign up for it. That's the only thing holding me back from getting this cable, I ended up with twau cable, which is not too bad.. But I always wondered how it will sound with uber.

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #5,100 of 6,404
If Gavin would make a portable uber, I might sign up for it. That's the only thing holding me back from getting this cable, I ended up with twau cable, which is not too bad.. But I always wondered how it will sound with uber.

Portable uber might never appear due to its nature...solid core.  

Sound wise, there are enough comments in this forum on the uber...hearing is believing.  

I could well justify the investment in consideration of the amount of time I can spend on my gear over work days.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back