Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 29, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #2,491 of 6,404
Quote:
So... now I need  to decide which cIEM (or UIEM) can be a real upgrade from my "old" Westone ES3X. ( Translucent 1+2 ? JH13 ?   FitEar MH334 or... Piano Forte IX or ...???? )   
confused_face_2.gif

I suggest you don't get any of them. Once you get one, you will want to get the rest.

May 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2,494 of 6,404
Hi guys, 

I am not plan to start a new thread so , i asking this thread for a hand.
Currently, i am using se 535 ltd but I am thinking to upgrade my new iem or ciem , so far i am consider as tralucent audio 1+2 or heir audio 8.a.

My Genre, K-pop,Ballad, J-pop, Vocal, Instrument music, some rock and hip hop.

My portable source will be RWAK 100.

After i did some research , i feel 8.a and 1+2 got a similar sound sig

Which one will be better option?  

May 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #2,495 of 6,404
Quote:
Hi guys, 

Currently, i am using se 535 ltd but I am thinking to upgrade my new iem or ciem , so far i am consider as tralucent audio 1+2 or heir audio 8.a.

From my understanding, they have pretty different sound signatures actually. It depends on how you like your music. If you like it more laid back, the 8.As may be more for you. But if you want something more "engaging" or more "aggressive" and up front, the 1Plus2 may be better suited for you. This is based on what I've read.

In terms of experience, I only have had the 1Plus2. They have no issues with what you've mentioned and do very very well with music accompanied by actual instruments instead of beats. However, if you listen to mainly popular music, the full beauty of the 1Plus2 may not be appreciated, in my opinion. 

If you have the time, have a read of the review in my signature below and see if that triggers anything for you. That will give you my experience with the 1Plus2. 

May 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #2,496 of 6,404
Quote:
Hi guys, 

Here are 3 considerations;

I think if you like SE 535 sound tonality and would like to upgrade for the same type of sound signature but with deeper & taller soundstage, stronger deeper and more quality bass with the same kind of romantic lusty intimate vocal with absolutely zero sibilance,  I recommend TG334. The TG334 sound like real life performance.

If you like airy expansive wide soundstage with pinpoint imaging accuracy, very clear natural vocal , accompanied by very good textured bass with a slight hint of crystal clear extension all the way to the very top and at the edge of crossing the sibilance line, I recommend the Tralucent 1P2 and if you want a slightly reduce bass version with the same quality, zero microphonic issues and is made of metal, the AKG3003i. The Tralucent 1P2 has a very unique quality of a hard hitting thumping bass, almost feels like a speaker projection than IEM. I absolutely love it, very convincing soundstage. But do note that the TG334 has more bass than 1p2 & akg3003i.

Well, talking about bass, it reminds me of one IEM that stands out just for that. If you like to have very strong bass quantity and quality resembling 2 powerful subwoofer with great intimate lush vocal, a splash of good treble and a wide soundstage, I recommend none other than IE800, your toes will be tapping really hard as the bass produce will send you straight to Babylon disco club in LA. Yes, most audiophile will stay away from this kind of tonality but I actually enjoy it very much with Gungnam style type of music, its like shouting "Hey DJ, where is the bass" and then DJ drop a cunning smile and all of a sudden ... Boom Boom Boom .. and everyone start getting high and jumping in the air. If you like that in your music, the IE800 does exactly that for me and it comes with very good treble extension. You might have some problem with instrument music though, well, what I did was I reduce the bass with EQ or simple click "reduce bass" at ipod settings. But who cares about accuracy of instrument or new age music when you get so much kick outta Gungnam style type genre. This IE800 will shame all other "B disco phone" in terms of bass quality, yes some cheaper phones has bass as strong as IE800, but the IE800 put them to shame with its good very convincing powerful bass like a $5000 sub woofer. And no, it does not sound like a car bass boom box, Its resemble a Disco club sound system. I am really amaze by its size, its so tiny compare to TG334 or 1p2 and even smaller than akg3003i, but the sound is huge. Pair it with start trek/star wars movie for real fun, the sound of the mothership passing by with undistorted clear and powerful bass will give you goosebumps. Its that good.

So here are the 3 options for top tier universal IEMs. Pick your preferences and go for it, and of course I said "in my opinion" to cover my A here :)

May 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #2,499 of 6,404
Here are 3 considerations;

I think if you like SE 535 sound tonality and would like to upgrade for the same type of sound signature but with deeper & taller soundstage, stronger deeper and more quality bass with the same kind of romantic lusty intimate vocal with absolutely zero sibilance,  I recommend TG334. The TG334 sound like real life performance.

If you like airy expansive wide soundstage with pinpoint imaging accuracy, very clear natural vocal , accompanied by very good textured bass with a slight hint of crystal clear extension all the way to the very top and at the edge of crossing the sibilance line, I recommend the Tralucent 1P2 and if you want a slightly reduce bass version with the same quality, zero microphonic issues and is made of metal, the AKG3003i. The Tralucent 1P2 has a very unique quality of a hard hitting thumping bass, almost feels like a speaker projection than IEM. I absolutely love it, very convincing soundstage. But do note that the TG334 has more bass than 1p2 & akg3003i.

Well, talking about bass, it reminds me of one IEM that stands out just for that. If you like to have very strong bass quantity and quality resembling 2 powerful subwoofer with great intimate lush vocal, a splash of good treble and a wide soundstage, I recommend none other than IE800, your toes will be tapping really hard as the bass produce will send you straight to Babylon disco club in LA. Yes, most audiophile will stay away from this kind of tonality but I actually enjoy it very much with Gungnam style type of music, its like shouting "Hey DJ, where is the bass" and then DJ drop a cunning smile and all of a sudden ... Boom Boom Boom .. and everyone start getting high and jumping in the air. If you like that in your music, the IE800 does exactly that for me and it comes with very good treble extension. You might have some problem with instrument music though, well, what I did was I reduce the bass with EQ or simple click "reduce bass" at ipod settings. But who cares about accuracy of instrument or new age music when you get so much kick outta Gungnam style type genre. This IE800 will shame all other "B disco phone" in terms of bass quality, yes some cheaper phones has bass as strong as IE800, but the IE800 put them to shame with its good very convincing powerful bass like a $5000 sub woofer. And no, it does not sound like a car bass boom box, Its resemble a Disco club sound system. I am really amaze by its size, its so tiny compare to TG334 or 1p2 and even smaller than akg3003i, but the sound is huge. Pair it with start trek/star wars movie for real fun, the sound of the mothership passing by with undistorted clear and powerful bass will give you goosebumps. Its that good.

So here are the 3 options for top tier universal IEMs. Pick your preferences and go for it, and of course I said "in my opinion" to cover my A here :)

I've heard about exceptional bass in both the 1plus2 and the ie800, which one has better bass in your opinion?

May 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #2,500 of 6,404
Audiowood summed it up perfectly on 1plus2, bass punch, tightness and dynamics that rivals some floorstander speakers and this says a lot because i think there would very few IEMs that would be able to achieve this. My comparison is against Cremona M full three way floorstanders powered by Ayon tube amp. Believe me this is really something, i am not easily excited normally but here is some real special treatment in response and dynamics which 1plus2 can deliver.

May 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #2,501 of 6,404
Quote:
^^   Great post, Audiowood!

While I agree on a great and well-balanced post overall, I respectfully disagree on the description of the IE800's bass. Granted, there's a lot of bass with very good quality and control, but imo it's not comparable to a subwoofer, because it sounds somehow... small.

As paradox as this may seem, the Senn's bass has really impressive kick and, at the same time, falls somewhat short in "authority" in comparison to larger dynamic drivers. Seriously, listen to an FX700 in direct A/B and you'll instantly know what I mean. Or grab a pair of EX1000s (even though these are tuned much less bassy) and pump up the volume until their low end matches the Senn's, and you'll realize that the Sonys convey significantly more authority than the Senns. There's lots of qualities in IEMs where size doesn't matter, but bass authority isn't one of them, at least not with dynamic drivers.

Some time ago, in a different thread, we used to come up with fun dog analogies for the bass authority of IEM's, like St. Bernard for the EX1000 and dual Poodles for the W4. By this measure, the IE800 are at the very most a Boxer in my book.
wink.gif

May 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #2,502 of 6,404
James, come on, forget subwoofer, when you hear some megabuck speakers like MBL top line Strahl Radiators or Sonus Faber Aida you will throw out your subwoofer out the window because these babies redifine bass completely, even my Cremonas deliver bass impact and finess better than any subwoofer i heard except for the fact that Cremonas have two dedicated woofers and brilliant crossovers.

May 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #2,503 of 6,404
Quote:

While I agree on a great and well-balanced post overall, I respectfully disagree on the description of the IE800's bass. Granted, there's a lot of bass with very good quality and control, but imo it's not comparable to a subwoofer, because it sounds somehow... small.

As paradox as this may seem, the Senn's bass has really impressive kick and, at the same time, falls somewhat short in "authority" in comparison to larger dynamic drivers. Seriously, listen to an FX700 in direct A/B and you'll instantly know what I mean. Or grab a pair of EX1000s (even though these are tuned much less bassy) and pump up the volume until their low end matches the Senn's, and you'll realize that the Sonys convey significantly more authority than the Senns. There's lots of qualities in IEMs where size doesn't matter, but bass authority isn't one of them, at least not with dynamic drivers.

Some time ago, in a different thread, we used to come up with fun dog analogies for the bass authority of IEM's, like St. Bernard for the EX1000 and dual Poodles for the W4. By this measure, the IE800 are at the very most a Boxer in my book.
wink.gif

Very good points, James. As you know, I haven't heard the JVC FX700, but I certainly agree with you about your comments regarding the EX1000, an IEM that perhaps should have been mentioned as a possible alternative to the person who originally mentioned the SE535 Ltd—at least as a possible very interesting variation on the SE535's sound sig—though it seems this is all now about $1,000+ IEMs. To me personally, the EX1000's bass quality is on another level to that of the IE800's bass, but I can easily understand people preferring the more 'visceral'—and still very competent— IE800's bass.

May 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #2,505 of 6,404
Some time ago, in a different thread, we used to come up with fun dog analogies for the bass authority of IEM's, like St. Bernard for the EX1000 and dual Poodles for the W4. By this measure, the IE800 are at the very most a Boxer in my book. :wink:

Those weren't just any kind of poodles, they were highly trained and Zo-ified ninja attack poodles... If memory serves me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back