Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 26, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #2,476 of 6,404
Quote:

They are both ridiculously microphonic. I wish they'd find a way to better shield it. The price merits it, in my opinion.

In respect of the upgraded gold/silver (not stock gold/silver) and the stock silver, the difference is pretty obvious in my opinion (though maybe not night and day whereby one feels like they are listening to something totally different). The immediate two differences for me are the bass and the timbre of instruments. Though the latter may be more subtle for some. Overall, the refinement is all round in every area. 

What synch strap on the cable?!

It should also be on your original cable cravenz..... Even your IE8s should have one. Where you are able to slide the piece up and down. You slide it up to make to tighten the cable around your ears and below your chin.

May 26, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #2,477 of 6,404
Quote:
Overall, the refinement is all round in every area. 

agree with you and you summed this up pretty well.... the refinement :-D

May 26, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #2,478 of 6,404
Quote:
It should also be on your original cable cravenz..... Even your IE8s should have one. Where you are able to slide the piece up and down. You slide it up to make to tighten the cable around your ears and below your chin.

Ah. Yeah I have it but don't use it. Maybe I should 
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #2,479 of 6,404
Carvenz, you should... i feel stupid now because i knew this but somehow did not care to use this. results are obvious, microphonic is all nearly gone,.... Lee thanks for pointing.

May 26, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #2,480 of 6,404
Quote:

Ah. Yeah I have it but don't use it. Maybe I should 
biggrin.gif

lol maybe :p.

I just don't like making it tight. I just wear it lose just below my chin. It still does help in regards to microphonics/stability though. Doesn't solve it but it's better than nothing :p. Opposed to just being uncomfortable I would also fear putting excessive wear on the cable connectors by tightening it too much. My dad had a habit of doing this with his IE80s and he's on his third cable now. We'll he's also very aggressive with his stuff so it goes with the territory....

Quote:
Carvenz, you should... i feel stupid now because i knew this but somehow did not care to use this. results are obvious, microphonic is all nearly gone,.... Lee thanks for pointing.

You're welcome :).

May 26, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #2,481 of 6,404
Quote:

I usually put the cable through one of my shirt buttons, but yeah. I'll try that tomorrow :)

May 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #2,484 of 6,404
Quote:
Sony, Heir and those tips Gavin included (can't remember the name). What other tips you guys using?

ortofon tips are the stock tips provided by Tralucent.

There is also the V-moda tips. 

May 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #2,485 of 6,404
Quote:
Sony, Heir and those tips Gavin included (can't remember the name). What other tips you guys using?

I used Comply Tx500's. I found these clearer and better balanced than the standard T500's.

May 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #2,486 of 6,404
I posted some impressions comparing the 1plus2 to the Senn IE800 in the IE800 thread. thought some 1plus2 owners might be interested in the differences I hear so I'm copying it here:

I got a pair of used IE800 yesterday and have spent a big chunk of yesterday and today comparing hem to the tralucent 1plus2.

First off, I really love the IE800.

Comparing these with the 1plus2, they both are excellent at detail retrieval, revealing subtle texture to instruments, placing instruments and vocals in precise locations in space. All the good stuff we all expect at this price level, these both excel at it. So, really, it's a matter of taste.

The IE800 have more bass. I didn't think it was possible to outdo the 1plus2 in bass quantity and still keep all the quality and detail but the IE800 do it. I know some people will think it's too much but I think it's enough bass to hint at the type of body impact you get with speakers or maybe some larger headphones like the LCD2 or D7000 (although I think this bass is less bloated than the D7000). I like that part of the presentation.

The 1plus2 has a larger, slightly more out of head soundstage. Both headphones do a great job of precisely separating instruments and vocals but the 1plus2 spreads them out further in space and places the listener further back in the "audience". the IE800 has a smaller sense of scale than the 1plus2 but still has a very good IEM soundstage.

The IE800 mids are more forward and slightly more lush. The 1plus2 mids are a bit drier and slightly further removed from the mix (see comment about soundstage above). The IE800 mids are more involving for me. Particularly for my female vocal "go-tos" of Neko Case and Loreena McKennit. There's a bit more body and lower mid emphasis with the IE800 compared to the 1plus2.

So it's a bit of a tradeoff here. more intimate mids and smaller soundstage or drier mids and more expansive soundstage. they both sound great with different songs.

regarding sibilance, neither one is sibilant to my ears but I'm still trying to suss out the differences. on most songs I have the IE800 has less volume with the treble (cymbals, most notable) and is less sibilant with my test songs buuut, there were a few exceptions where I found the 1plus2 to be smoother and the IE800 to be a little harsher. I'm guessing this has to do with the narrow peaks and valleys in the IE800 FR in the higher frequencies. Some specific instruments that work in the higher frequency ranges might be a little harsher or more mellow than others on the IE800 if they're separated by a few Hz whereas they seem to be more even on the 1plus2. 

I'm going to keep listening to both of these for the next little while but my gut feeling is that the bigger bass and more lush mids of the IE800 might sway me more than the larger soundstage and more even (but still elevated) treble response of the 1plus2. It doesn't hurt that the IE800 are smaller, easier for me to wear, and less expensive.

Oh, and regarding comfort. I wear the IE800 down, as I prefer to wear earphones, and have not had comfort issues. I'm using the circular medium sized tips and they're angled upward for a good seal/ The cable is microphonic but not as bad as the stock 1plus2 silver cable (which is why I use the heir magnus cable with the 1plus2, which is better than the IE800 cable in this area). I can hear the IE800 cable if a song is very quiet but at normal listening levels, I can't hear any cable noise.

Hope people liked the impressions. they're both great IEMs. Anyone who might consider themselves "refined bassheads" deserve to try the IE800 out.

May 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #2,487 of 6,404
So... now I need  to decide which cIEM (or UIEM) can be a real upgrade from my "old" Westone ES3X. ( Translucent 1+2 ? JH13 ?   FitEar MH334 or... Piano Forte IX or ...???? )   
confused_face_2.gif

May 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #2,488 of 6,404
Quote:
So... now I need  to decide which cIEM (or UIEM) can be a real upgrade from my "old" Westone ES3X. ( Translucent 1+2 ? JH13 ?   FitEar MH334 or... Piano Forte IX or ...???? )   
confused_face_2.gif

It really depends on what kind of sound signature you are after really :)

May 29, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #2,489 of 6,404
Quote:
confused_face_2.gif

Just get them all and kick back content for the next decade or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back